IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Fulham CONFIRMED

Whites

1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

He hasn’t made it clear that he won’t sign a new deal...

He will sign a new deal if the money being offered was better. It is a short career. If  Joe leaves for a big club, well done, also shows others we are a great place to be for advancing your career. There are hundreds of youth players at Prem clubs that need to play football and are wasting their talent because they chose to go big too early. We should be delighted if players like Joe get sold for a few million and go to bigger clubs. It makes BCFC more attractive to new players. Well done Steve Cotterill for believing in Joe . I think he is a great player, and will only get better. 

10 minutes ago, Psychopomp said:

He will sign a new deal if the money being offered was better. It is a short career. If  Joe leaves for a big club, well done, also shows others we are a great place to be for advancing your career. There are hundreds of youth players at Prem clubs that need to play football and are wasting their talent because they chose to go big too early. We should be delighted if players like Joe get sold for a few million and go to bigger clubs. It makes BCFC more attractive to new players. Well done Steve Cotterill for believing in Joe . I think he is a great player, and will only get better. 

Yes, a point in our favour that is often missed and that can only help in recruitment to the Academy and beyond.

Steve did indeed believe in Joe, and so has Lee, against the wishes of many fans.

Nixon reporting the interest along with the money problems at Newcastle. Apparently Ashley is trying to sway Benitez with 100m over 3 years if Rafa signs a new 3 year deal. So guess if Rafa extends his contract Joe could be gone but until then it is a waiting game. 

8 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Nixon reporting the interest along with the money problems at Newcastle. Apparently Ashley is trying to sway Benitez with 100m over 3 years if Rafa signs a new 3 year deal. So guess if Rafa extends his contract Joe could be gone but until then it is a waiting game. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jul/20/newcastle-impasse-benitez-ashley-waiting-game-signings

38 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Interesting since it has been reported that Ashley has told Rafa he has to sell before he can buy. In particular he is said to want some of their 5 keepers moved on. Any opportunity for us there?

Perhaps Mitrovic and Ritchie are about to leave.

I know swap deals aren’t in vogue these days but both Karl Darlow & Rob Elliott are behind the Slovakian keeper they have just brought in, plus they have the promising Woodman and a Belgian international keeper (Sels, that one didn’t work out) too.

Wonder if we could get one of them either as part of the deal or on a season long loan?

1 hour ago, core321 said:

Nothing like playing someone completely out of position. Defenders will just keep him on his right...pretty obvious really.

Did you suggest that to LJ for Eliasson? 

Apart from the fact that JB’s about the most two footed player you’re likely to see, he didn’t look out of place at all when he covered at right back for a couple of games.

There’s a video knocking about somewhere showing a lot of his goals and it pretty much goes left foot, right foot, header, left foot, right foot, header the whole way through.

1 hour ago, Ohbasso said:

Apart from the fact that JB’s about the most two footed player you’re likely to see, he didn’t look out of place at all when he covered at right back for a couple of games.

There’s a video knocking about somewhere showing a lot of his goals and it pretty much goes left foot, right foot, header, left foot, right foot, header the whole way through.

Wasn't there a stat which showed that JB scored 10? career goals before he scored with his favoured left foot?

1 minute ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Wasn't there a stat which showed that JB scored 10? career goals before he scored with his favoured left foot?

Yeah that sounds about right, I remember an interview with him after scoring when he was younger saying that he still hasn’t scored with his left foot, I don’t know the actual stats though.

4 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

So, if JB does go, are we happy to go with Lloyd Kelly and Pring or do we need an experienced option at LB? Bear in mind LJ's 'pathway' ideology. 

We’d need someone else if he does leave. We’ve got no idea how Pring would get on in the Championship - a couple of pre season games doesn’t say much.

I’d want someone who can play left back and centre midfield.. @redcherryberry suggested Shinnie who can do both. He’d be a good signing if Bryan goes.

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

We’d need someone else if he does leave. We’ve got no idea how Pring would get on in the Championship - a couple of pre season games doesn’t say much.

I’d want someone who can play left back and centre midfield.. @redcherryberry suggested Shinnie who can do both. He’d be a good signing if Bryan goes.

We were linked with him earlier this summer IIRC. Good shout tbh. 

11 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

So, if JB does go, are we happy to go with Lloyd Kelly and Pring or do we need an experienced option at LB? Bear in mind LJ's 'pathway' ideology. 

JB was made captain in one of the pre-season games. Looks perhaps part of the plan - trying to get him to stay and sign a new contract.

If I was LJ, losing one of my mainstays, I would want an experienced replacement. LK looks promising but is unproven and he might benefit from playing now and again rather than have the pressure of being first choice at this point.

20 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I thought Kelly was a centre half who was asked to fill in at left back.

12 minutes ago, screech said:

Centre half is certainly where he will settle in due course but in the meantime LJ has challenged him to make the left back spot his own.

It's not unusual for young centre backs to take that route in learning their trade.

19 minutes ago, screech said:

looked damn good at left back screech. I guess, as chin says, he will end up at CH but he certainly looked the part at LB.

Where was he playing for England U 19/20's out of interest? 

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

Centre half is certainly where he will settle in due course but in the meantime LJ has challenged him to make the left back spot his own.

It's not unusual for young centre backs to take that route in learning their trade.

Problem is that if Joe goes , I don’t think Kelly has played at all in pre season and not involved yesterday , so in no shape to play on day one 

Archived