IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Fulham CONFIRMED

Whites

24 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

6m... Hahahahahahhahahahaah. Go away.

I would hope that MA's negotiating strategy is a bit more than, "£6m Mr Ashley - that'll do nicely, thank you".

I'm assuming that £6m is their opening bid and that we would reject, with the certainty that if they want JB they will go higher.

Of course MA could respond on twitter with, "what Rafa wants, Rafa doesn't always get" and that " we have received bids from a number of interested clubs". That approach ( the Posh gambit)  has recent proven success .......

...... NOT!

All the attributes to be a top player and will no doubt fill his potential when he moves on. All the best to Joe.

I think moving on will do him good though, he’s got too big time at City and needs knocking down a peg or two. He will definitely get that at a prem club.

1 hour ago, Taylor10 said:

All the attributes to be a top player and will no doubt fill his potential when he moves on. All the best to Joe.

I think moving on will do him good though, he’s got too big time at City and needs knocking down a peg or two. He will definitely get that at a prem club.

Hows he got too big time? 

Still doing things like Ashton boys presentations.

2 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

Newcastle would be a good move for him with lulsgate  and regular Newcastle flights. wouldn't have to up sticks and move if he likes it where he lives

Hmmm. There are some known problems concerning flying into and out of Newcastle from Bristol on the same day ...

If this happens it's fantastic. Fair chuck of money for a player who, lets be honest, isn't great at left back at the moment, AND also shows that our academy can produce players for the top level, AND that we can advance the career of young players in the area.

Rip your ******* arm off for £6m+ total to be honest.

Fair few tweets from Nixon this morning regarding JB going Newcastle. Basically they now have money available because of sale (confirmed or pending) of Merino, and as of the weekend they are they new favourites for his signature.

I wouldn't say he's the messiah of transfer talk, but better than most and does have good knowledge of northern clubs so probably something in this.

9 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I wonder who we're looking at to replace Bryan. It should be Kelly.

He (Kelly) won’t start the season due to niggles/lack of minutes in pre season. I’m led to believe if JB does go then we want a replacement to push Kelly, who when fit can’t be expected to play 40+ Championship games. Wouldn’t be surprised to see G.Shinnie from Aberdeen come on board who can play LB, LWB, MLC & ML. 

If Bryan is not going to sign a new contract then £6m plus add-ons and a decent sell on clause would be a fair price. He is a left back cum left sided midfielder, not a striker or a defender with the goals return of Flint. While it would be sad to see him go, the time may be right for both him and us. 

22 hours ago, Taylor10 said:

I don't think you will find a more down to earth footballer

All the work he does for CHSW, paying for treatment for the local lad who got a badly broken leg last year, and I'm sure there are more that don't come to the public's attention. But, yeah. What a ***** Joe Bryan comes across as

2 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

All the work he does for CHSW, paying for treatment for the local lad who got a badly broken leg last year, and I'm sure there are more that don't come to the public's attention. But, yeah. What a ***** Joe Bryan comes across as

Paid for some kids pitches to be repaired after vandalism too.

I saw Joe up at Cribbs the day after the final league game.  Caught his eye, and he recognised (my) Joe and me from CHSW.  Most players might have just acknowledged us, a lot would’ve blanked us, but Joe came over to where we were sat and chatted to us.  There is definitely no Billy Big Bollocks about Joe.  I won’t go into what was said, but fair to say he is one of most grounded footballers I’ve come across. Wilbs was too.

37 minutes ago, redcherryberry said:

He (Kelly) won’t start the season due to niggles/lack of minutes in pre season. I’m led to believe if JB does go then we want a replacement to push Kelly, who when fit can’t be expected to play 40+ Championship games. Wouldn’t be surprised to see G.Shinnie from Aberdeen come on board who can play LB, LWB, MLC & ML. 

I wouldn't mind a versatile left footer coming in. Just think it would be silly to sign a McQueen to compete with Kelly in that one position. 

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Paid for some kids pitches to be repaired after vandalism too.

I saw Joe up at Cribbs the day after the final league game.  Caught his eye, and he recognised (my) Joe and me from CHSW.  Most players might have just acknowledged us, a lot would’ve blanked us, but Joe came over to where we were sat and chatted to us.  There is definitely no Billy Big Bollocks about Joe.  I won’t go into what was said, but fair to say he is one of most grounded footballers I’ve come across. Wilbs was too.

Guessed you would be able to back this up, Dave 

27 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

He is a very clever lad , and appears a deep thinker , but I find his humour quite strange and at times he can come across in a strange way which I think has led people to believe he’s arrogant which he’s clearly not and the posts above and @Davefevs experience makes this unquestionable

My brother used to work with Pring's grandfather, and I've met him a few times at skittles down the years. A bigger G*shead you couldn't wish to meet - he was devastated when CP signed, I wonder how he feels now with his progress? :laughcont:

I'd love to see the old boy sat down the Gate cheering the boy on!

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

He is a very clever lad , and appears a deep thinker , but I find his humour quite strange and at times he can come across in a strange way which I think has led people to believe he’s arrogant which he’s clearly not and the posts above and @Davefevs experience makes this unquestionable

Yeah, I know what you mean there Bob!

But 'knocking down a peg' is something JB doesn't need. I'm sure once a new group of lads got to know him they'd love him. Certainly not your 'typical' footballer

5 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Yeah, I know what you mean there Bob!

But 'knocking down a peg' is something JB doesn't need. I'm sure once a new group of lads got to know him they'd love him. Certainly not your 'typical' footballer

Against many on here’s opinions I think he’ll be a success if he picks the next Club right and remind people (Or show) just what a good player he is 

Rafa doesn’t sign too many duds

14 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Yes, his sense of humour seemed a bit different....but I think that was down to nerves and inexperience....interviews much more confidently these days.

Archived