IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Fulham CONFIRMED

Whites

39 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Paid for some kids pitches to be repaired after vandalism too.

I saw Joe up at Cribbs the day after the final league game.  Caught his eye, and he recognised (my) Joe and me from CHSW.  Most players might have just acknowledged us, a lot would’ve blanked us, but Joe came over to where we were sat and chatted to us.  There is definitely no Billy Big Bollocks about Joe.  I won’t go into what was said, but fair to say he is one of most grounded footballers I’ve come across. Wilbs was too.

Thanks for sharing. Just to back up what people are saying about Joe, he was after all given this:

https://www.bristol-sport.co.uk/news/joe-bryan-named-trusts-pfa-community-champion/

Joe Bryan is a very good player. He is two footed by and large, can play at LB LWB LW and even in the centre of midfield. He can also play in positions on the right and has done.

Joe is a winger converted to full back (in my opinion wastefully), thus Newcastle are not buying (if they are interested) an out and out Left Back, they buying a player that can play all over the field, that can shoot, tackle and create goals.

6 million is a snip for a player of his calibre and ATTITUDE. Newcastle will be aware that City will not accept a bid in that region as SL firmly stated a year ago, we will start talking at 10m. However if the add ons are good enough then they could get close.

I can see Joe getting near an England shirt with the right exposure, form and luck.

I will go in happy clapper mode like a lot you here:

Joe Bryan is a perfect role model for any young person/player in this day and age.

Any negatives he receives here are from people who haven't a clue and anyway he's a North Somerset lad not a Bristol lad.

7 minutes ago, core321 said:

I will go in happy clapper mode like a lot you here:

Joe Bryan is a perfect role model for any young person/player in this day and age.

Any negatives he receives here are from people who haven't a clue and anyway he's a North Somerset lad not a Bristol lad.

Exactly what negatives does he deserve and on the basis of what evidence?

Otherwise try reading this, including the comments btl from people with no axe to grind:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/dec/04/bristol-city-joe-bryan-pays-physio-nailsea-tickenham

2 hours ago, brad blit said:

Fair few tweets from Nixon this morning regarding JB going Newcastle. Basically they now have money available because of sale (confirmed or pending) of Merino, and as of the weekend they are they new favourites for his signature.

I wouldn't say he's the messiah of transfer talk, but better than most and does have good knowledge of northern clubs so probably something in this.

Looks like Joe will be staying then!

On ‎06‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 18:33, BRISTOL86 said:

Tbh Bryan has always struck me as someone who happens to be good at football rather than someone who genuinely loves it. Wouldn’t be surprised if he saw joining his mate at a new club as more important than the club he’s at. 

Hopefully if he does go there we’ll get an over inflated fee like we did with BR. 

This the same Joe Bryan who like Bobby does extra training outside of training at back2action and like Bobby has been in football all of his life? If he did not genuinely love it he would never have made it as far as he has. 

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

He is a very clever lad , and appears a deep thinker , but I find his humour quite strange and at times he can come across in a strange way which I think has led people to believe he’s arrogant which he’s clearly not and the posts above and @Davefevs experience makes this unquestionable

I think that's it really. He's not your typical footballer and definitely thinks about things deeper than your average going by his social media.

There's obvious upsides of having someone who's a bit more self aware and switched on than your average player.. but the downside, and it appears to affect JB, is that you might take criticism more personally. He appears to do this a bit and it seems like he can't help himself sometimes on social media.

I think he'll have grown out of it in a couple of years, but I can see why some see this as arrogance.

2 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

This the same Joe Bryan who like Bobby does extra training outside of training at back2action and like Bobby has been in football all of his life? If he did not genuinely love it he would never have made it as far as he has. 

Lots of footballers do extra training out of hours, it's really not that uncommon. It's good that they do it, but hardly unusual that Reid or Bryan do extra sessions.

30 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

I do extra training outside of my work but I still hate my job. I’m just too good at it to be able to do anything else ;) 

It wasn’t meant to be a dig at Joe and I may be completely wrong, just an instinct that his natural love for the game isn’t the same as you or I. 

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I do extra training outside of my work but I still hate my job. I’m just too good at it to be able to do anything else ;) 

It wasn’t meant to be a dig at Joe and I may be completely wrong, just an instinct that his natural love for the game isn’t the same as you or I. 

Seriously??? Joe Bryan was at City at nine. dedicated his life to football. pros love the game that's why they are pros and the rest of us don't get beyond sunday league because we don't love the game enough to do the grind. 

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I saw Joe up at Cribbs the day after the final league game.  Caught his eye, and he recognised (my) Joe and me from CHSW.  Most players might have just acknowledged us, a lot would’ve blanked us, but Joe came over to where we were sat and chatted to us.  There is definitely no Billy Big Bollocks about Joe.  I won’t go into what was said, but fair to say he is one of most grounded footballers I’ve come across. Wilbs was too.

Great story Dave. Me & my son Elliott have had similar experiences with Joe. Who in one instance went above & beyond with his generosity imo. Great lad & will always follow his career with interest, hopefully with City! COYR 

6 minutes ago, JamboBCFC said:

Nixon saying deal can be done at 6m. Seems low to me.

Arguably the benchmark is Cunningham to Cardiff for £4m so an improvement on that, especially as Joe has 1 year left on his contract.

Would want decent add-ons though.

37 minutes ago, JamboBCFC said:

Nixon saying deal can be done at 6m. Seems low to me.

It does seem low but Nixon has had a lot right recently so hoping if so that is with a few good add-ons and a decent sell-on. 

It could also be that there is now pressure to get it done so we can get the replacement in quickly leaving just a keeper to get.

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I expect a full report on your conversation on my desk first thing tomorrow :rofl2br:

5 hours ago, chinapig said:

Exactly what negatives does he deserve and on the basis of what evidence?

Otherwise try reading this, including the comments btl from people with no axe to grind:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/dec/04/bristol-city-joe-bryan-pays-physio-nailsea-tickenham

Eh? Think you are confused with original post. Read it again. 

32 minutes ago, eastonboy said:

If the offer was £6m, which is decent, I hope that we would have more class than haggle too much and jeopardise Joe's chance of playing on the big stage.

Really...sorry I can’t agree with this. There is all too little loyalty from players to clubs these days so why should we not tray and squeeze every penny we can from an asset that we have trained and developed ourselves.

im sorry I like joe but he is an asset and a valuable one at that we have to get the best price possible for him. I personally don’t care too much about his premier league dream.

i think £6m is too low personally 

7 hours ago, redcherryberry said:

He (Kelly) won’t start the season due to niggles/lack of minutes in pre season. I’m led to believe if JB does go then we want a replacement to push Kelly, who when fit can’t be expected to play 40+ Championship games. Wouldn’t be surprised to see G.Shinnie from Aberdeen come on board who can play LB, LWB, MLC & ML. 

Graham Shinnie is a very good shout...versatile, great engine,good passer/delivery,good age & room for emprovement..and would be "good value".

Could fit in well with what Lee seems to be wanting to achieve with the signings this window..

16 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Really...sorry I can’t agree with this. There is all too little loyalty from players to clubs these days so why should we not tray and squeeze every penny we can from an asset that we have trained and developed ourselves.

im sorry I like joe but he is an asset and a valuable one at that we have to get the best price possible for him. I personally don’t care too much about his premier league dream.

i think £6m is too low personally 

Whilst I see your point, with the window 'slamming shut' pretty dam soon we need to get on with it.

If he is going to go, which is a shame in some ways, we need as much time as possible to re-invest.

£6m for an English LB/LM of Bryans ability is pennies, if we don't have a sell on clause I think this would have to be considered the second key player that we've sold for far less than we should be looking to get.

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

£6m for an English LB/LM of Bryans ability is pennies, if we don't have a sell on clause I think this would have to be considered the second key player that we've sold for far less than we should be looking to get.

We put a sell on clause in every deal now.

That’s how we earned £5m extra for Bolasie despite selling him for £450k.

Bryan won’t sign a new deal so we either keep a dispirited player for one last season and lose him for nothing or sell now.

I’d like to hope we would try for £8m but if no one will pay it we will have to accept £6m.

Archived