IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Fulham CONFIRMED

Whites

7 minutes ago, Spike said:

£6m for an English LB/LM of Bryans ability is pennies, if we don't have a sell on clause I think this would have to be considered the second key player that we've sold for far less than we should be looking to get.

2nd key player after who? Can’t be bobby or flint who we got more than we should have for...

2 hours ago, Trueredsupporte said:

Seriously??? Joe Bryan was at City at nine. dedicated his life to football. pros love the game that's why they are pros and the rest of us don't get beyond sunday league because we don't love the game enough to do the grind. 

It’s well documented by ex pros that there are an enormous number of footballers that don’t even particularly like the game. 

Again, not saying it’s the case with Joe, but very naive to assume all footballers love the game. 

I don’t love what I do but I’d have to take a 50% pay cut to have a change of career. With a footballer they’d be lucky to earn 5-10% of what they currently earn in a non football career. 

There’s a ton of pros who only stay in football because they’re very good at it and can’t earn a fraction of that same living doing anything different. 

Again, I’m NOT saying that’s the case with Joe, but it definitely happens.  

2 hours ago, Trueredsupporte said:

Seriously??? Joe Bryan was at City at nine. dedicated his life to football. pros love the game that's why they are pros and the rest of us don't get beyond sunday league because we don't love the game enough to do the grind. 

I work with a lady who is getting married to a former professional, now part time, footballer and can honestly say this is not true about pros.

He has no interest in the game outside what he and his club does. He doesn’t watch football in any way. He is still a very sporty person and is a qualified personal trainer, just not that interested in football.

It was however something he was good at and made a decent career from. He was naturally good and yes he put in the effort and trained hard but it wasn’t so much for his love of the game.

On 22/07/2018 at 15:37, Taylor10 said:

I think moving on will do him good though, he’s got too big time at City and needs knocking down a peg or two....

You obviously haven’t got a clue about the person Joe Bryan is....he is a very, very grounded, respectful, humble guy who gives a lot of his time, energy and cash to local causes and local people. I was treated to a bit of hospitality at a home game last season as it was a significant birthday for me on that day - after the game, Joe came to seek me out and stopped for a chat and a drink as he’d been told it was a special occasion for me - he’s a top geezer who isn’t ‘big time’ at all...there are so many examples of his self-less and non big-time behaviour - they’ve been pointed out in this thread by @Davefevs amongst others....

10 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I work with a lady who is getting married to a former professional, now part time, footballer and can honestly say this is not true about pros.

He has no interest in the game outside what he and his club does. He doesn’t watch football in any way. He is still a very sporty person and is a qualified personal trainer, just not that interested in football.

It was however something he was good at and made a decent career from. He was naturally good and yes he put in the effort and trained hard but it wasn’t so much for his love of the game.

Well he was sat near me in my local North Somerset pub watching most of the world cup games......so you are talking absolute bollocks. And he talked about his future openly......

16 minutes ago, core321 said:

Well he was sat near me in my local North Somerset pub watching most of the world cup games......so you are talking absolute bollocks. And he talked about his future openly......

I think you’ve got the wrong end of the stick there! 

23 minutes ago, core321 said:

Fancy you sitting during World Cup near the bloke who was a former pro who’s marrying the woman Ivan works with

Small world

:dunno:

£6m seems low.

Then again, last year of contract and we run the risk of a pre-contract in January which would mean no fee- it's a tricky one if he definitely won't sign a contract as reported.

@Spike

While I agree with the sentiment, what's nationality got to do with it? Or is it the minimum English players per squad thing? Because people might disagree, but a decent chunk of the English market has been overpriced for some time now- that said if it is somewhat inflated we should operate in that context and get the best we can if we indeed sell him.

Still for Bryan- can play LB, Left Midfield, LWB and maybe even the left of a front 3- good technical ability, good engine, scores goals and can provide assists. Plus 24 years old, he should only get better and won't hit peak years for another 3-4 years.

6 minutes ago, core321 said:

Can't repeat it. Sorry.

Wouldn't imagine that Bryan would say anything particularly interesting to random people in a pub. Would be quite unprofessional and he doesn't seem the type.

Surely, if it did happen, it couldn't have been anything particularly juicy.

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Wouldn't imagine that Bryan would say anything particularly interesting to random people in a pub. Would be quite unprofessional and he doesn't seem the type.

So why did you ask. I'm sure if it was you, you wouldn't either.

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

in other words its bollocks,

anyway I could swear I saw him posing for photo's in our fan village while the world cup was on,

Archived