IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Fulham CONFIRMED

Whites

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Bryan seems exactly the sort of guy who'd be very tempted by playing abroad. If the Leipzig thing is true, I think that move would interest him a great deal.

Did they qualify for the CL?

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

A bargaining tool . First choice left back and captain. 

Or a sentimental farewell present - “I joined as a an 8 year old and went on to captain the first team”?

I imagine the chance of playing abroad might appeal to Joe more than some other players too.

Either way, looks like this is about to be wrapped up so more interested now in who will be coming in to replace him.

I couldn't blame JB for wanting a move to the Bundesliga. Said in a thread the other week that I like seeing young English talent go abroad and test themselves
He's the kind of guy who would be fluent in German within 6 weeks and give it a bloody good go. I'd prefer Mainz, for some reason they are my German team, but RBL with all that money and potential of European football would be very hard to turn down

With a few more clubs apparently interested, fingers crossed for a bidding war. Anything to avoid him running his contract down and signing a pre-contract in Jan.

Leipzig would be a fantastic move, runners up to Bayern a couple of years ago. So whilst a prem move would probably net him a lot more money, a realistic shot at playing in the Champions League must be tempting 

48 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Augsburg are a tidy outfit, saw them at the start of last season and they looked decent. Just hope Joe finds somewhere where he can fully express his talent

And willing to pay top dollar! ;)

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

He was asked by Twentyman last season about this and said he sees himself as English

That’s good - not sure why LJ is pushing his claims on the Scotland front - but if JB makes the sort of progress he is capable of, he could well sneak into the England reckoning in the future...

46 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That’s good - not sure why LJ is pushing his claims on the Scotland front - but if JB makes the sort of progress he is capable of, he could well sneak into the England reckoning in the future...

He has a Scottish grandmother IIRC but chuckled and said he regards himself as English and wasn’t looking for Scotland caps 

I think he’s (At times vastly) underrated generally on here , technically very good , good athlete , great leap , two footed .......

The one thing I think that many , even his fans would have concerns over are his positioning

Its a strange one because he’s a very clever bright lad and has had a lot of coaching over the years

I keep thinking back at the Q&A and having a chat with one of our three senior coaching staff and when asking about Joes positioning at times he explained that Joe didn’t necessarily get in the right position early enough because he believe / knew his pace would get him out of it (he wasn’t being critical but merely chatting and said they were working on his positioning / shape) 

( At he time and a few times since  I personally found it a strange thought process ,especially for somebody as bright as Joe)

Ive always thought since that it made sense or at least was an explanation if it didn’t make sense if you understand me !

I have to say I’d say it’s one aspect of his game that hasn’t improved as much as others and If he steps up a level he will need to address that quickly (Interesting that Newcastle appear to be in for him - Benitez is fastidious tactically and may be very good for Joe) 

The same member of the coaching staff was full of praise for Joes abilities and as an athlete and also intimated that he was one of the first two or three who would put their foot in , if needed 

Hes close to being a very very good player IMHO AND I think if he puts his mind to it could go up a level and perform

Archived