IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Fulham CONFIRMED

Whites

5 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Make him train for the U23's for correctly fulfilling a contract which both sides agreed upon and signed. Top logic that.

You are right, but this is football and its dog eat dog and cash is king. Joe will know that. If the club suspects Joe is trying to run his contract down they will do everything they can to force him out and get some sort of fee for him. Making him train with the kids is one way clubs can do this if they  think a player sees his medium term future elsewhere. 

10 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

You are right, but this is football and its dog eat dog and cash is king. Joe will know that. If the club suspects Joe is trying to run his contract down they will do everything they can to force him out and get some sort of fee for him. Making him train with the kids is one way clubs can do this if they  think a player sees his medium term future elsewhere. 

Of course they can but it won't benefit us in any way. Do you really think this is the message to send to our future academy graduates? Come play for us lads, if you're good enough you'll make it, but if you ever want to leave we will make your life miserable!

You should never play someone who has his eyes on a move elsewhere. You'll get the lazy half hearted Bryan we saw in the second half of the season and IMO i would much prefer to see someone play who wants to wear the shirt.

Imagine the scenario where it's a 50/50 challenge to stop an attack - He would pull out in case of potential injury thinking of his move, not whats best for the team.

Thanks for the memories but it's time to go now.

1 minute ago, Red 90 said:

You should never play someone who has his eyes on a move elsewhere. You'll get the lazy half hearted Bryan we saw in the second half of the season and IMO i would much prefer to see someone play who wants to wear the shirt.

Imagine the scenario where it's a 50/50 challenge to stop an attack - He would pull out in case of potential injury thinking of his move, not whats best for the team.

We won’t play him if his mind is elsewhere regardless of who he is

1 hour ago, nebristolred said:

Of course they can but it won't benefit us in any way. Do you really think this is the message to send to our future academy graduates? Come play for us lads, if you're good enough you'll make it, but if you ever want to leave we will make your life miserable!

Good point of course but we can’t let millions slip through our fingers. the below poster nails it for me. As much as I like joe he sometimes doesn’t seem at his max and I suspect he would be a shadow of his best if running his contract down.

11 minutes ago, Red 90 said:

1 hour ago, nebristolred said:

Make him train for the U23's for correctly fulfilling a contract which both sides agreed upon and signed. Top logic that.

1. Why waste time on a player that has no interest in having a futre here.

2.why develope a player that you will not see a reward in.

3. Agent and players have majority of power these days one way of of trying to get it back is saying if you don’t find a club and want to see your contact out fine but you won’t play competive football which will be detrimental for him.... may be harsh but bet Bryan or his agent wouldn’t lose sleep in walking away for nothing in the summer.

4. Would rather have players that see a future with us (Lloyd kelly)

1 minute ago, bs20ciderarmy said:

1. Why waste time on a player that has no interest in having a futre here.

2.why develope a player that you will not see a reward in.

3. Agent and players have majority of power these days one way of of trying to get it back is saying if you don’t find a club and want to see your contact out fine but you won’t play competive football which will be detrimental for him.... may be harsh but bet Bryan or his agent wouldn’t lose sleep in walking away for nothing in the summer.

4. Would rather have players that see a future with us (Lloyd kelly)

1. Because he can still have value for the rest of his contract, which both the club and player owe to each other.

2. We've had reward. We've had a lot of reward, and potentially more if he goes for a large fee or signs a new deal.

3. And sends a terrible message for future academy graduates who may be deciding whether to continue their development with us.

4. And what about when Lloyd Kelly puts in a sensational few seasons and has 1 year left himself? Do we ditch him too?

Terrible attitude to have imo. If he shows any sign of not giving 100%, then of course, he should be disciplined or dropped. But until then, we continue as normal.

4 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

1. Because he can still have value for the rest of his contract, which both the club and player owe to each other.

2. We've had reward. We've had a lot of reward, and potentially more if he goes for a large fee or signs a new deal.

3. And sends a terrible message for future academy graduates who may be deciding whether to continue their development with us.

4. And what about when Lloyd Kelly puts in a sensational few seasons and has 1 year left himself? Do we ditch him too?

Terrible attitude to have imo. If he shows any sign of not giving 100%, then of course, he should be disciplined or dropped. But until then, we continue as normal.

So his form didn’t drop second part of the season.

The Freeman situation where half way through the season he makes himself un available is not good for anyone. 

What picture does it paint to fire academy players we will develope you and when you start getting good see your contract out we will keep playing you and walk for nothing to get a better deal for your self.

there is no right or wrong imo but I would put pressure on him and his agent to get a move now or sign a 1 year extension with a agreed release clause 

26 minutes ago, bs20ciderarmy said:

So his form didn’t drop second part of the season.

Everyone's form dropped second part of the season. It's just that most of their contracts aren't up this season so you're picking out Bryan.

The Freeman situation where half way through the season he makes himself un available is not good for anyone.

The Freeman situation is totally irrelevant. I've already said, if Bryan makes himself unavailable, then being forced to go with the U23's is entirely understandable. But up to this point, as far as we can tell, he has been nothing but professional. So what the hell are you wanting to put him in the U23's for when we potentially have a year's use left of a Premier League player?!

there is no right or wrong imo but I would put pressure on him and his agent to get a move now or sign a 1 year extension with a agreed release clause 

Right. Except that's not what you originally said. You originally said you'd make him go with the U23's for a year, for doing absolutely nothing wrong, which is what I take issue with. Not the above.

The mentality of some of our fans absolutely blows my mind. Do we support our club or do we just want to vilify our players for not signing a contract on demand?

6 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Everyone's form dropped second part of the season. It's just that most of their contracts aren't up this season so you're picking out Bryan.

The Freeman situation is totally irrelevant. I've already said, if Bryan makes himself unavailable, then being forced to go with the U23's is entirely understandable. But up to this point, as far as we can tell, he has been nothing but professional. So what the hell are you wanting to put him in the U23's for when we potentially have a year's use left of a Premier League player?!

Right. Except that's not what you originally said. You originally said you'd make him go with the U23's for a year, for doing absolutely nothing wrong, which is what I take issue with. Not the above.

The mentality of some of our fans absolutely blows my mind. Do we support our club or do we just want to vilify our players for not signing a contract on demand?

That is what I said... I said I would give him the choice to find a new club, sign a new deal that suite both club and player, or spend a year on the sidelines..

as for your last paragrapgh your talking absoulte shit, If you see majority of post it’s sticking up for the club and players... what I won’t do is support a player that has every interest in seeing out his contract and walking for free when he has so much value to the club. We don’t even know if that’s what he wants to do so guess we will wait and see.

That is what I said... I said I would give him the choice to find a new club, sign a new deal that suite both club and player, or spend a year on the sidelines..

Exactly. Which is what I disagree with. What if we offer crap money? What if we don't offer the contract length which is fair for him? If he turns it down should we still drop him? Absolute nonsense.

Even if he has no interest in signing a new deal, if we don't receive the right offer, why the hell should we stick a Premier League player in the U23's for the rest of the season? How does that benefit any of us in any way?

as for your last paragrapgh your talking absoulte shit, If you see majority of post it’s sticking up for the club and players... what I won’t do is support a player that has every interest in seeing out his contract and walking for free when he has so much value to the club. We don’t even know if that’s what he wants to do so guess we will wait and see.

It's a contract! It's what both sides agreed! Even if he does do that, what on earth is he doing wrong?! :facepalm:

57 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Exactly. Which is what I disagree with. What if we offer crap money? What if we don't offer the contract length which is fair for him? If he turns it down should we still drop him? Absolute nonsense.

Even if he has no interest in signing a new deal, if we don't receive the right offer, why the hell should we stick a Premier League player in the U23's for the rest of the season? How does that benefit any of us in any way?

It's a contract! It's what both sides agreed! Even if he does do that, what on earth is he doing wrong?! :facepalm:

I agree with bs20ciderhead, if bryan gets a transfer to set him up for life at a premier league club, and city get a fee to reflect that, then good luck to him. Bryan is smart enough to know that he has a significant transfer value, and also that the club have coached him since he was a kid, and stuck with him during his broken leg issues when he was younger. If he refuses, and its a big if, to sign a new contract to force a free transfer, then its a huge slap in the face to the club. It must be nearly 20 years ago darren barnard signed his contract and the club got a good fee, and he had no other connection to the club, and is held in high regard. Maynard tried to walk for free and is vilified. Joe bryan can leave with the best wishes of everyone, he will be set for life either way, but he can ensure that he does right by the club as well.

This story of three Bundesliga clubs sniffing round is bizarre.

I can only suppose that JB's agent has been touting his client over there.

Perhaps rooming with Jens the German gave him some leads ?

I have just read that the Daily Star (I know' I know :facepalm:) think that 3 Bundesliga clubs are after him. Before anyone want s to have a go, I saw it on the BBC gossip round up.  I could imagine a bright lad like Joe wanting to test himself and experience a different country. 

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

This story of three Bundesliga clubs sniffing round is bizarre.

I can only suppose that JB's agent has been touting his client over there.

Perhaps rooming with Jens the German gave him some leads ?

I have just read that the Daily Star (I know' I know :facepalm:) think that 3 Bundesliga clubs are after him. Before anyone want s to have a go, I saw it on the BBC gossip round up.  I could imagine a bright lad like Joe wanting to test himself and experience a different country. 

RB Leipzig going after him makes a strange  amount of sense. They love a young player (English ones especially these days) and their head scout is English. 

16 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

He’s played in Botswana and Marbella - what more does he want?!!

My memory is terrible these days, but I seem to remember that it was said he speaks French and German to a reasonable level? I might just be surmising that though because of his schooling?

8 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

My memory is terrible these days, but I seem to remember that it was said he speaks French and German to a reasonable level? I might just be surmising that though because of his schooling?

Well, I went to the same school as JB and at one point I found myself being taught five languages - so it’s very possible that you are correct...

30 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

He’s played in Botswana and Marbella - what more does he want?!!

3 minutes ago, downendcity said:

...and Cardiff! 

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

And Spain

Marbella Bob? :)

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

Am I gonna be ‘whooshed’ or isn’t Marbella in Spain...?!

Bob might have failed GCE Geography BS4.

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well, I went to the same school as JB and at one point I found myself being taught five languages - so it’s very possible that you are correct...

5? Let me guess, French, Spanish, German, Latin? and Bristolian? :) ,  or more likely Greek? 

Archived