IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Fulham CONFIRMED

Whites

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Am I gonna be ‘whooshed’ or isn’t Marbella in Spain...?!

4 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Marbella Bob? :)

:bonkers:

Guess who who didn’t read BS4s post properly

:comando:

I got an A at Geography O Level :smartass:

I have been to Spain but thankfully not Marbella (We didn’t have our passports to cross the border)

2 hours ago, Wade Wilson said:

RB Leipzig going after him makes a strange  amount of sense. They love a young player (English ones especially these days) and their head scout is English. 

Yes and based on this article Joe will be needing to check his passport: https://nothingbutnewcastle.com/2018/07/blogs/gallowgate-gossip/newcastle-face-competition-for-joe-byran-as-german-clubs-join-chase/

1 hour ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Would love to see the lad in Germany, could Definitely see him grow as a player there and become something special. Been a while since a Bristol has flown into Germany!

If he does lets hope we get some money for him and he doesn't end up leaving on a bossman like the last one! 

9 hours ago, bs20ciderarmy said:

So his form didn’t drop second part of the season.

The Freeman situation where half way through the season he makes himself un available is not good for anyone. 

What picture does it paint to fire academy players we will develope you and when you start getting good see your contract out we will keep playing you and walk for nothing to get a better deal for your self.

there is no right or wrong imo but I would put pressure on him and his agent to get a move now or sign a 1 year extension with a agreed release clause 

I’m being a bit facetious, but if Joe’s form went off the boil because of not getting a move, or wanting a move in the summer, what excuse are we giving the other 7 or 8 players whose form dropped too after Xmas.

Too easy for posters to join events together and make plausible reasons.

38 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m being a bit facetious, but if Joe’s form went off the boil because of not getting a move, or wanting a move in the summer, what excuse are we giving the other 7 or 8 players whose form dropped too after Xmas.

Too easy for posters to join events together and make plausible reasons.

No excuses whatsoever for form dropping off for wanting a move but seems to me this was a factor in some players including Bryan who I felt dropped his effort before Christmas. From a family that knows him he is a quiet lad who does not mingle too readily; keeps himself to himself in spite of what his public persona may be. He strikes me as one who's mood and sub consciously his effort levels can be affected by relatively minor things and that is not necessarily a slant against him, per sé.

Secondly, the question you pose about the other players will probably always puzzle most of us. Will the final analysis simply be they were burnt out after giving everything in a cup run as Gary J opined?

I hope he does not allow himself the ignominy of running down his contract because his reputation at AG will fall off a cliff; he must not fall into the trap of listening to bad advise along those lines. It would also not go unnoticed by the club that eventually buys him and it could even back fire; sort of a 'buyer beware' signal.

A decent fee and a clean transfer is better for all parties concerned in the medium to long term. Even Joe Bryan who may not receive such a large signing on fee will benefit to the greater degree but will have a far higher reputation and likely a far better and lucrative career going forward. 

5 hours ago, havanatopia said:

No excuses whatsoever for form dropping off for wanting a move but seems to me this was a factor in some players including Bryan who I felt dropped his effort before Christmas. From a family that knows him he is a quiet lad who does not mingle too readily; keeps himself to himself in spite of what his public persona may be. He strikes me as one who's mood and sub consciously his effort levels can be affected by relatively minor things and that is not necessarily a slant against him, per sé.

Secondly, the question you pose about the other players will probably always puzzle most of us. Will the final analysis simply be they were burnt out after giving everything in a cup run as Gary J opined?

I hope he does not allow himself the ignominy of running down his contract because his reputation at AG will fall off a cliff; he must not fall into the trap of listening to bad advise along those lines. It would also not go unnoticed by the club that eventually buys him and it could even back fire; sort of a 'buyer beware' signal.

A decent fee and a clean transfer is better for all parties concerned in the medium to long term. Even Joe Bryan who may not receive such a large signing on fee will benefit to the greater degree but will have a far higher reputation and likely a far better and lucrative career going forward. 

All this burnout because of the cup is bullshit. We didn't play a full strength team until man utd! 3 games! And we can hardly blame the fa cup!! He had a bust up with the coach in January and went in sulk mode.

42 minutes ago, frenchred said:

All this burnout because of the cup is bullshit. We didn't play a full strength team until man utd! 3 games! And we can hardly blame the fa cup!! He had a bust up with the coach in January and went in sulk mode.

what 8 or 9 players all went into a sulk?

stop talking shit and blaming Johnson,

I've suggested that the burn out/mental fatigue following the cup run was a real thing before and been shot down, but I genuinely believe it to be a factor in our poor form after Christmas (note: factor, not sole cause). Imagine you're getting interviewed by the BBC, everyone's talking about you and you're about to play a cup semi at the home ground of the Premier League champions elect and then all of a sudden you're back to playing away at Burton on Tuesday night and nobody gives a shit any more. Footballers are not complex creatures, most of them are not that bright and that is going to have an effect on their mentality. Before you know it, you've lost 4 or 5 games on the bounce, you've slipped off the play off pace just when rivals are ramping it up and it's hard to react. Especially for someone like Joe Bryan who'd kinda 'announced' himself on the national stage against ManUre. I don't think that was the only thing going on at that point, but to say it didn't play a major part is just denying the facts

12 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Not 8 or 9 no you are correct. But certainly more than just Joe. 

so it wasn't anything to do with players physically and mentally exhausted, or injury's to key players then, no it mut be a falling out, the same go to answer whenever the club has a bad spell,

its been the go to answer for years now, it must be we employ bad apples all the time, 

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

what 8 or 9 players all went into a sulk?

stop talking shit and blaming Johnson,

Is this a group post Monkey?  :)

Archived