IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Fulham CONFIRMED

Whites

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

3 million not enough. I wouldn't call it a joke bid like some are, but has to surely be closer to 6 for us to let him go. Might as well keep him for a season if that's the best offer we get.

....but would Joe take a move to Derby even if we accepted a bid from them?

10 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Good point. I get the impression he wants to move to prem or abroad. Maybe there is still an outside chance that he signs a new deal if no one prem or foreign team bid for him.

The Nicky Maynard syndrome.

3 minutes ago, ciderwithtommy said:

I would think he has already told his agent it's of interest, that happens before a bid normally, so likely he is keen

Money talking then?

19 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Derisory is the word that springs to mind.

Is that Frank Lampard's Derisory?

1 minute ago, ciderwithtommy said:

yeah, or maybe a better chance of prem as well - I would think he is ready to take his best option now

Don't disagree, as perhaps Joe ( and his agent) might now be realising that no premier league club is coming in for him so now looking at the next best option. 

If so then while money will be a big factor, promotion potential will also be something for him to consider.

14 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Its very different circumstances though. We apparently value Joe at 6 million, and that's because he is worth more to us than what Douglas is to Wolves, who obviously see him as not being good enough. 

Joe is also about 5 years younger.

Douglas is already at the middle/latter years of his prime, Joe still has room to improve before he reaches his prime.

2 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

I wonder how Mark Ashton responds to these such offers.......”now let’s be clear on this....fu€k off”

The ‘dynamics of your bid does not suit our progressive style’. ‘Its not in our DNA to agree to your bid’. :facepalm:

One reason I believe he hasn’t gone straight to the Premiership is that his second half of the season didn’t match up to his pre-christmas form. His “worldy” against Man Utd which woke up those who weren’t already aware of his talents was his high spot, and his form post  ManU never lived up to the hype generated. Add to that the smoke that agents blow up their players backside and you have a obvious disparity which is evident from the fact he’s still here. 

With good old twenty twenty hindsight he was at his most valuable last January before everything went pear, but that’s immaterial cos we would’ve never sold and weakened our side. The fact we brought players in who weakened the side is perhaps a matter for another discussion elsewhere on the forum.

As such, would imagine Joe’s agent’s back peddling big time on what he promised him earlier in the year and the surprising inconsistency in the form he exhibited was probably witnessed by the clubs lined up a suitors and it would appear that they seem to have elected to pass this time, as inconsistency isn’t a trait that’s highly regarded in the Premiership. 

2 minutes ago, Lord Northski said:

One reason I believe he hasn’t gone straight to the Premiership is that his second half of the season didn’t match up to his pre-christmas form. His “worldy” against Man Utd which woke up those who weren’t already aware of his talents was his high spot, and his form post  ManU never lived up to the hype generated. Add to that the smoke that agents blow up their players backside and you have a obvious disparity which is evident from the fact he’s still here. 

With good old twenty twenty hindsight he was at his most valuable last January before everything went pear, buts that’s immaterial cos we would’ve never sold and weakened our side. The fact we brought players in who weakened the side is another matter. 

As such, would imagine Joe’s agent’s back peddling big time on what he promised him earlier in the year and the surprising inconsistency in the form he exhibited was probably witnessed by the clubs lined up a suitors and as such, they seem to have elected to pass this time as inconsistency isn’t a trait that’s welcome in the Premiership. 

Good thoughtful post that

10 minutes ago, man in the middle said:

The disrespectful officer from Derby is all down to Joe refusing to sign a new contact and if no premiership team come in with a decent offer we’re going to have to take what we can from any club or run his contact out and get nothing . No loyalty in football!

Yes, no loyalty at all, it's a business and the players are the products and the profit makers - for themselves, their agents and the clubs they 'work' for.

I would imagine that IF Derby are interested, Joe would be too, if the money is right.

That is not a comment criticizing Joe at all. He has to do what is right for him.

IF this, or any other deal, is going to happen then sooner the better for all concerned.

11 hours ago, Lord Northski said:

With good old twenty twenty hindsight he was at his most valuable last January before everything went pear, but that’s immaterial cos we would’ve never sold and weakened our side. The fact we brought players in who weakened the side is perhaps a matter for another discussion elsewhere on the forum.

As such, would imagine Joe’s agent’s back peddling big time on what he promised him earlier in the year and the surprising inconsistency in the form he exhibited was probably witnessed by the clubs lined up a suitors and it would appear that they seem to have elected to pass this time, as inconsistency isn’t a trait that’s highly regarded in the Premiership. 

You say all that but Bobby Reid had just one good season and ended up in the PL, he was pretty average in all the years before that and couldn't get a regular first team place. Bryan has been a very good player and prominent in the starting line up for a number of years now. He would of been a great investment for a Premier league team even a couple of years ago, and an even better investment now.

With better training and playing with real quality players every week I'm sure he cement a first team spot for PL side.

Archived