IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Fulham CONFIRMED

Whites

11 minutes ago, Red Rag said:

If its the only bid we get then take it. To me his intentions are clearly not to sign a new contract. Take the loot while its there. Micky situation all over again. I support BCFC not Joe Bryan.

if it doesn't meet our current valuation then we won't take it, 

9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

True, but when selling a player there is an extra factor, if Joe doesn't want to go, we can't force him to go there.

There lies the problem. Joe is doing a Micky. Being a pro footballer is very much like being a prostitute.

8 minutes ago, Red Rag said:

There lies the problem. Joe is doing a Micky. Being a pro footballer is very much like being a prostitute.

no he isn't we accepted bids for Micky and he turn those clubs down, we haven't given joe permission to speak to anyone as no one has matched our valuation,

48 minutes ago, Red Rag said:

If its the only bid we get then take it. To me his intentions are clearly not to sign a new contract. Take the loot while its there. Micky situation all over again. I support BCFC not Joe Bryan.

I would've loved him, but perhaps Leeds were a big draw to Douglas. Massive club, chance to work under Bielsa and probably pay bigger wages than us at a guess.

Lewis Baker and Jack Harrison are both great loans, will be interesting to see how Leeds get on this year.

Bored with all the speculation and no sensible offers. Take the first sensible one of ideally min of £5m but whilst appreciating that it’s a job, I’m really disappointed that Joe hasn’t signed a deal with a release clause that is set at say £5m. 

I cant believe that someone who has such close links with our community would walk for free by running his contract down as clearly an intelligent bloke but thought he’d want to leave on good terms 

4 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

Bored with all the speculation and no sensible offers. Take the first sensible one of ideally min of £5m but whilst appreciating that it’s a job, I’m really disappointed that Joe hasn’t signed a deal with a release clause that is set at say £5m. 

I cant believe that someone who has such close links with our community would walk for free by running his contract down as clearly an intelligent bloke but thought he’d want to leave on good terms 

I believe this is the first actual bid that we have had for him despite the constant speculation. Pretty sure JB believes he will leave this summer. And if he doesn’t I’d be really surprised if he doesn’t sign a new improved contract with a release clause - similar to what Flinty did. I’m positive he’d want to leave on good terms. 

17 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

no he isn't we accepted bids for Micky and he turn those clubs down, we haven't given joe permission to speak to anyone as no one has matched our valuation,

Personally I think that’s worse. There’s one thing not wanting to join another club, there’s another thing wanting to run your contract down at your boyhood club.

Just to make it clear I don’t resent Joe for it.

1 minute ago, Selred said:

Personally I think that’s worse. There’s one thing not wanting to join another club, there’s another thing wanting to run your contract down at your boyhood club.

Just to make it clear I don’t resent Joe for it.

is he running down his contract? maybe we haven't offered suitable terms,

Situation with Joe looks like its panning out as Micky. Will not sign a new contract, run down the old one and trouser the benifits it brings. Could be wrong of couse none of us know whats going on. To say the situation is radically differant is simply splitting hairs.

We signed Hunt for what. 1.5 M ? he is 27 , older but one could say more experienced. Why is Bryan suddenly worth 10M ? JB may go to the Prem, maybe, but he has been scouted by the top flight for years, and consistency was a stumbling block. He is probably someone who has attributes for the Prem, and may even improve within the right environment and around better players. I would suggest the challenge would take him onto greater heights. 

However, he would probably sign a new contract if the money was right. It clearly is not right now. The club can pay more, he knows its they know it. Game of chess, if the bid comes in at the right lev el, the club want to cash in, if it does not, they will have to up their offer to him to avoid losing him for nothing. 

My take on this is IF, there are no acceptable bids or indeed any bids, by the close of the window, Joe may well sign a new contract on the basis that there is a release clause with a specific valuation.

Which is what is what it would appear Aden did.

If that does come to pass then I suspect the sticking point will be exactly what that value is - it is clear that the club and the players agent will have widely differing views on that, in all likelihood.

1 minute ago, Red Rag said:

Situation with Joe looks like its panning out as Micky. Will not sign a new contract, run down the old one and trouser the benifits it brings. Could be wrong of couse none of us know whats going on. To say the situation is radically differant is simply splitting hairs.

Imho there’s a very very big difference in that Joe is a Bristol boy, City fan, has been here for years and has outside ties with the club (his father operating on GJ for instance).  He may feel that he has been let down contract offer wise thus far, who knows, but to say he’s going to do a Maynard is way off at the moment. The Derby bid is the first actual bid we’ve had. Let’s give him a chance before tarring him with the same brush as Maynard the mercenary. 

1 minute ago, lenred said:

Imho there’s a very very big difference in that Joe is a Bristol boy, City fan, has been here for years and has outside ties with the club (his father operating on GJ for instance).  He may feel that he has been let down contract offer wise thus far, who knows, but to say he’s going to do a Maynard is way off at the moment. The Derby bid is the first actual bid we’ve had. Let’s give him a chance before tarring him with the same brush as Maynard the mercenary. 

I seriously doubt that is playing much of a part in his thought process currently.

1 minute ago, ScottishRed said:

I seriously doubt that is playing much of a part in his thought process currently.

I very much appreciate that. My point is that he is invested in the club overall and that was part of my argument - not the whole of it. 

3 minutes ago, Show Me The Money! said:

He has every entitlement to do what he wants. Get off his back with this crap of he's running down his contact bull. That's entirely up to him.

And fans will be entitled to feel that he has 5hat on us from a great height IF he runs his contract down with the club that have developed him over many years.

That's assuring, of course, that said club have made him a reasonable contract offer

21 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

And fans will be entitled to feel that he has 5hat on us from a great height IF he runs his contract down with the club that have developed him over many years.

That's assuring, of course, that said club have made him a reasonable contract offer

why?, he's for filled the contract he has signed

31 minutes ago, lenred said:

A Bristol boy yes, a City fan? I wonder..

If he were not very gifted and a pro footballer would we see him at AG?

3m is close. I’d say in the 4-4.5m range may see him go. You have to value him as a LB and Douglas and Cunnigham have set the market. Joe is younger but has less than 12 months left on his deal. Reality is as crazy as some transfer fees have been, the market settles after each window closes. The LB market is not rife with large fees this summer. There are younger and better LBs going across Europe for 10-12m euros and we are valuing Joe at around 8-9(on OTIB) being 3-4 years older, never playing higher than championship and less than a year left. We won’t get 6-7m and if we do not accept 4 or so then we probably won’t get a return on him. 

38 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Have you ever been employed on a fixed term contract? 

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

3m is close. I’d say in the 4-4.5m range may see him go. You have to value him as a LB and Douglas and Cunnigham have set the market. Joe is younger but has less than 12 months left on his deal. We won’t get 6-7m and if we do not accept 4 or so then we probably won’t get a return on him. 

I'd be very disappointed if JB went for less that £8m. In today's market you don't get much for around £5m. Average players go for that kind of money and Bryan is about average imv.

Archived