IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Fulham CONFIRMED

Whites

3 minutes ago, lenred said:

As I’ve already said I know of a doctor that attends public sporting events in Bristol and works in the City also. Growing up I had reason to attend the local hospital on a fairly regular basis and one of the consultants I’d see I would also see regularly at Somerset cricket games.  This misnomer that medical professionals cannot attend public sporting occasions is just completely not true I’m afraid.  And it would be a very very sad world if that were the case. What’s a patient going to say? ‘How dare you be involved in society?! How dare you enjoy sport!?’ No. Of course they are not. They are as entitled to attend anything they want same as we all are!  

I'm talking specifically about local, well known GP's ( not hospital doctors, or 'medical professionals') and I'm referring to football grounds, not cricket or rugby.

It may be sad, or even 'bizarre' as another poster put it, however I have first hand knowledge this is the case.

2 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

Derby coming back with a bid of £5m. Boro also sniffing around now

Realistically if the player wants the move I think £5-£6m is about as good as we’re going to do. 

The worry is that we only have one, relatively unproven replacement, and the stage of the transfer window you’d think the options for bolstering that won’t be too numerous. 

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I'm talking specifically about local, well known GP's ( not hospital doctors, or 'medical professionals') and I'm referring to football grounds, not cricket or rugby.

It may be sad, or even 'bizarre' as another poster put it, however I have first hand knowledge this is the case.

Ok well the point that was initially replied to in the thread did not make any of those stipulations at all. Let’s get back on topic though and agree to disagree on this one - people are understandly getting bored. Cheers  

3 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

£5m and a sell on, do the deal and move on

Joe may well want to wait to see if a PL club comes in, but this just needs to end

I’d also be turning the pressure back on Joe and his agent , a bit saying if we havnt received an acceptable bid and you havnt agreed terms by (date) we will be ‘unable to let you move in this window’

Anyway I’m more concerned with where the **** @Davefevs cartilage has gone 

:dunno:

And

Where do Doctors spend their leisure time 

:dunno:

13 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Is being a Doctor any different to any of us, whatever role you play in life to feed and cloth your family?

I could be interviewing someone on the Friday and randomly bump into them on a Saturday down the Gate, or doing some kind of deal and bump into a potential / old supplier - what difference does it make? I find it odd that a Doctor would feel uncomfortable seeing a patient outside of 'work' during his or her own leisuretime? Coming from a small(ish) village we used to bump into our local docs all the time when we were kids. Does the same apply to dentists? 

The randomness of OTIB

Hopefully they sent you to see the optician?

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I’d also be turning the pressure back on Joe and his agent , a bit saying if we havnt received an acceptable bid and you havnt agreed terms by (date) we will be ‘unable to let you move in this window’

I wonder if JB and his team are getting a little worried now? Window shuts in 10 days, no PL interest that has been confirmed 100% (Newcastle?)

I'm not sure a move to Derby or Middlesborough would have been the target when the contract offers from City were being turned down. The Burnley rumours earlier in the summer would have been a fantastic move. Other than a pay rise and a nice signing bonus I'm not too sure a Championship move will be that attractive? Boro with Flint there perhaps, but haven't they got Friend at left back? Always rated him

4 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Hopefully they sent you to see the optician?

Rarely went, Rudy. I didn't want them to hear them discussing my issues in Tesco to Mrs Smith, she's a right nosey cow - be all round the village by tea time

5 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I wonder if JB and his team are getting a little worried now? Window shuts in 10 days, no PL interest that has been confirmed 100% (Newcastle?)

I'm not sure a move to Derby or Middlesborough would have been the target when the contract offers from City were being turned down. The Burnley rumours earlier in the summer would have been a fantastic move. Other than a pay rise and a nice signing bonus I'm not too sure a Championship move will be that attractive? Boro with Flint there perhaps, but haven't they got Friend at left back? Always rated him

Rarely went, Rudy. I didn't want them to hear them discussing my issues in Tesco to Mrs Smith, she's a right nosey cow - be all round the village by tea time

Not sure Korey will appreciate you saying that.

8 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Never did.

There is a myth that he won Junior Wimbledon in 1966 (in fact it was won by a Soviet, Vladimir Korotkov).[4][5] However, he did win a British Junior competition that was held that same year at the Wimbledon venue, the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club, beating David Lloyd. The myth appears in his autobiography "So by the time of Junior Wimbledon in 1966....it began to sink in that I was the 1966 Junior Wimbledon Champion

From wiki

4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Not sure Korey will appreciate you saying that.

Ha - of all the names to pick!!

12 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

It's my 75th birthday today. Looking for a 21year old blond to celebrate it with. But will probably have to put up with my wife. 

Happy birthday young man. Good luck with that 21 year old. Sure Rudy will sort you out

14 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

It's my 75th birthday today. Looking for a 21year old blond to celebrate it with. But will probably have to put up with my wife. 

Not  21 anymore, but best wishes for your birthday nonetheless!

421198359_ola09_36_09.jpg.f1b1e3cfd9432c9146891a038fbadaf4.jpg

She says she will be round later to help you celebrate, once she's dried her hair and changed into something less comfortable, although I did say that you probably wouldn't be too bothered if she didn't change. :)

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

Is being a Doctor any different to any of us, whatever role you play in life to feed and cloth your family?

I could be interviewing someone on the Friday and randomly bump into them on a Saturday down the Gate, or doing some kind of deal and bump into a potential / old supplier - what difference does it make? I find it odd that a Doctor would feel uncomfortable seeing a patient outside of 'work' during his or her own leisuretime? Coming from a small(ish) village we used to bump into our local docs all the time when we were kids. Does the same apply to dentists? 

The randomness of OTIB

I don't see the problem with a GP bumping into one of his patients at the match ( unless they were highly contagious) 

52 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

If you're not talking about the lack of GP's at AG (or even the Joe Bryan saga) you're :chant6ez: OFF TOPIC and  BORING EVERYBODY. :chant6ez:

Happy Birthday anyway CA. :yes:

P.S. Dolly must be 21 by now, surely?

16 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

Why wouldn't he???

If you believe some rumours on here, he isn't interested in football. Not saying for one moment I believe this myself - was merely putting the question out there.

He doesn't have a team that springs to mind, unlike Smith (Arsenal), pack (pompey), Flint (Utd), Taylor (Utd), Brownhill (man city) - which could mean maybe it is Bristol City, I don't know.

Archived