IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Fulham CONFIRMED

Whites

3 hours ago, devoncider said:

I think you're giving me more credit than I deserve by labelling it a loaded question tbqhwy

I was merely putting a musing out there

It appears all you want to do is call into question Joe Bryans personality.

5 hours ago, devoncider said:

A Bristol boy yes, a City fan? I wonder..

If he were not very gifted and a pro footballer would we see him at AG?

Everything about him tells you he loves football. Always unlike many players prepared to appear at events like junior club presentations, Community trust events and a credit to himself, his parents and the football club he represents. Academy coaches to this day talk about what a fantastic attitude he had to his development … So If he were not gifted and a pro footballer would he /could he be a fan of City I would err on the side of yes … But its a weird muse in another thread of weirdness and at times quite uncharitable views towards a player who does not deserve it. 

4 hours ago, RedRaw said:

Taking Joe's side of the equation (or more likely his agent), of course he wants the best for himself. The same as many fans want the best for their club.

The best scenario here would be akin to how the Flint scenario panned out.......sign a new improved contract with a nice wedge that includes a release clause, play your heart out for yourself and the club and the offers will come in. You get your big money move and the club get some recompense for the years of development 

That's not the best move for Joe, who potientially misses out on a HUGE signing-on fee because the club have instead had to pay a fair whack to another club for his services.

You're clearly trying to be reasonable but your opinion is still biased as a fan.

4 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

That's not the best move for Joe, who potientially misses out on a HUGE signing-on fee because the club have instead had to pay a fair whack to another club for his services.

You're clearly trying to be reasonable but your opinion is still biased as a fan.

It’s not my opinion per se......My posts were purposely suggesting how the average fan may feel about the situation.

I fully appreciate what’s in it for Joe if he runs his contract down and as much as I would be happy for him to get his ‘dream move’, I would rather it wasn’t to the detriment of bcfc.

3 hours ago, RedRaw said:

It’s not my opinion per se......My posts were purposely suggesting how the average fan may feel about the situation.

I fully appreciate what’s in it for Joe if he runs his contract down and as much as I would be happy for him to get his ‘dream move’, I would rather it wasn’t to the detriment of bcfc.

Don’t worry he’s definitely going!

14 hours ago, Cowshed said:

It appears all you want to do is call into question Joe Bryans personality.

Everything about him tells you he loves football. Always unlike many players prepared to appear at events like junior club presentations, Community trust events and a credit to himself, his parents and the football club he represents. Academy coaches to this day talk about what a fantastic attitude he had to his development … So If he were not gifted and a pro footballer would he /could he be a fan of City I would err on the side of yes … But its a weird muse in another thread of weirdness and at times quite uncharitable views towards a player who does not deserve it. 

Not at all. His charity work is excellent - both that which is in the media and no doubt much more that goes under the radar.

I just wonder if he is the sort of guy who would be on the terraces if he were not a footballer. There is no right or wrong answer, I am not calling into question his personality in the slightest. 

I appreciate the fact that our fans will stick up for and support one of our players, but in this instance it is unnecessary

3 minutes ago, devoncider said:

Not at all. His charity work is excellent - both that which is in the media and no doubt much more that goes under the radar.

I just wonder if he is the sort of guy who would be on the terraces if he were not a footballer. There is no right or wrong answer, I am not calling into question his personality in the slightest. 

I appreciate the fact that our fans will stick up for and support one of our players, but in this instance it is unnecessary

I doubt he'd be on the terraces if he wasn't a footballer to be honest

45 minutes ago, devoncider said:

I agree with you. He doesn’t seem the type. Whether he does charity work or attends local football clubs presentations shows he understands his position as an ambassador for local sport and a role model. Doesn’t necessarily mean he loves the sport.

58 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I agree with you. He doesn’t seem the type. Whether he does charity work or attends local football clubs presentations shows he understands his position as an ambassador for local sport and a role model. Doesn’t necessarily mean he loves the sport.

If he did not love the sport on a basic psychological level he would have failed, or like the rest (most) of us never pursued a dream ( a passion driven by desire/love) of being a professional football player. 

1 minute ago, Cowshed said:

If he did not love the sport on a basic psychological level he would have failed, or like the rest (most) of us never pursued a dream ( a passion driven by desire/love) of being a professional football player. 

It is possible to fall out of love with the game - as some pros do, but continue to do it as a job. I am not saying this is the case with Joe, I can't claim to know him at all, but to say all footballers have a deep seated love of the game is simplified imo.

23 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

It's just a hypothetical on a forum, I think you're reading too much.. the point being made is that if he wasn't a footballer, he doesn't seem the type to be a typical fan.

1 minute ago, devoncider said:

It is possible to fall out of love with the game - as some pros do, but continue to do it as a job. I am not saying this is the case with Joe, I can't claim to know him at all, but to say all footballers have a deep seated love of the game is simplified imo.

Again you choose to enter a negative. 

To give it balance it is almost impossible to come through the academy system without a deep seated desire to be a footballer. It is not a sweeping generalisation to say footballers love the game. 

Out of interest how would Joe Bryan have made it to be professional without an exceptional drive to be a footballer? 

Archived