IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Fulham CONFIRMED

Whites

10 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I've no doubt growing up in the Academy, and therefore seeing at close hand the life styles ( and holidays, cars etc.) of the pros. would have some influence on a 14/15 year old.

Even if he didn't love football per se, he was naturally talented and would have been intelligent enough to see it was not only a potentially very lucrative way to make a living, but also a very attractive lifestyle in prospect, and that would be a strong incentive (emphasised strongly by Dad and his coaches, no doubt) for any teenager having temporary doubts about carrying on.

You are talking about extrinsic motivations. Very poor drivers of the mindset that leads to improvement in sport ...  A me now here mindset is one of failure unless it is coupled with the intrinsic - Burning desire to play, practice and improve day in day out. 

1 hour ago, Cowshed said:

In other threads Bobby Reids extra training is used as an example of how he has worked at his game. Loads don't. The motivated do. 

It’s not that abnormal, just for some reason very well known that Reid and Bryan have done some training outside of their pre-season stuff.

All this because someone said Bryan doesn’t seem the type to be a typical football fan if he wasn’t a player!

You really could argue until the cows come home, no pun! ?

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It’s not that abnormal, just for some reason very well known that Reid and Bryan have done some training outside of their pre-season stuff.

All this because someone said Bryan doesn’t seem the type to be a typical football fan if he wasn’t a player!

I would politely suggest 11000 + posts … I did not suggest it was abnormal, but highlights a player being motivated and driven. Reid appears on Back2actions website, and with Joe Bryan on their twitter feed, their shirts are on that gyms wall. 

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Did he also confirm that Joe prefers knitting  to football ?

:disapointed2se:

3 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Apparently, he prefers cleaning the oven to football.

This is so funny, it's better than live at the Apollo!  Keep it up?

14 minutes ago, RedDave said:

No bids for bryan bit irrelevant really. Clubs would go to agent first and suss out whether bryan interested in joining them before making a bid

Its very relevant. Clubs can talk to his agent as much as they like, they need us to accept an offer. Given how much smoke there is in the media about interest in him, I really don't think it's news if clubs have spoken to his agent

14 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

Its very relevant. Clubs can talk to his agent as much as they like, they need us to accept an offer. Given how much smoke there is in the media about interest in him, I really don't think it's news if clubs have spoken to his agent

What I am saying is that no bids doesnt mean no interest. 

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

What I am saying is that no bids doesnt mean no interest. 

I agree with that, but I think there's enough in the papers to make it apparent there is interest. I guess the closer we get to the deadline the more important it is whether a bid has been made

13 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

He has the number 3 shirt for this season. Sounds like he may sign a new contract and go next summer, similar to Flint situation.

He’s the senior man that’s why, I don’t think he’ll play until he sorts his contract personally 

52 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

He’s the senior man that’s why, I don’t think he’ll play until he sorts his contract personally 

I can’t recall but didn’t Flint play before he signed his new deal? Think JB will play because he has to. Kelly has had no preseason minutes and Bryan the only other realitic option. Pring looked good but wasn’t even playing in any conference league last season. Needs to play at a higher level before we think about counting on him to contribute imo

12 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I can’t recall but didn’t Flint play before he signed his new deal? Think JB will play because he has to. Kelly has had no preseason minutes and Bryan the only other realitic option. Pring looked good but wasn’t even playing in any conference league last season. Needs to play at a higher level before we think about counting on him to contribute imo

Also, with the Flint deal, the transfer window was still open. With Bryan there’s only one game before it closes. Has to make a difference.

Pring looks a real talent. Against the Shrews and Bournemouth he showed he has real pace and more than held his own. When he pushes up the pitch he's pretty much unstoppable and can get a cross in. But who will on the end of those crosses? If I was LJ he would start on the bench but I wouldn’t hesitate to put him on. He's the sort of player who gets the fans on the edge of their seats.

4 minutes ago, WECANDO said:

Pring looks a real talent. Against the Shrews and Bournemouth he showed he has real pace and more than held his own. When he pushes up the pitch he's pretty much unstoppable and can get a cross in. But who will on the end of those crosses? If I was LJ he would start on the bench but I wouldn’t hesitate to put him on. He's the sort of player who gets the fans on the edge of their seats.

Well said Cameron. ;)

50 minutes ago, WECANDO said:

Seen him play a few times in the '23's, always stood out. Also James Morton very impressive. Good to see him flagged up by the coach.

2 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

No flint wasn’t even in the squad until he signed

19 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Its very well known because the pros are going to similar places to train and obviously people see it. Back 2 action must be top notch at what they do because premier league players from Everton Palace and Newcastle can be seen up there. 

57 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

My recollection is that he was a sub until the transfer window closed. We started the season with a back 4 of Bryan, Baker, Wright and Pisano I think.

Nope, started with Wright and Hegeler for first 2 League games, Baker and Hegeler for cup v Plymouth (both scored I think), then Baker and Wright for 3 draws (interspersed with Flint partnering Mags in the 3-2 win in the cup).  Flint eventually starting his first league game after the transfer window closed, and the international break to score the winner at Reading.

54 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Nope, started with Wright and Hegeler for first 2 League games, Baker and Hegeler for cup v Plymouth (both scored I think), then Baker and Wright for 3 draws (interspersed with Flint partnering Mags in the 3-2 win in the cup).  Flint eventually starting his first league game after the transfer window closed, and the international break to score the winner at Reading.

What a fantastic day that was, whole away end, their group of chavs in the corner giving it large, then a Flint late winner, happy days.

Do we think we may get a left back in tomorrow just in case Bryan goes?

Prem teams have another week to swoop for players, but am I right in thinking our window shuts tomorrow? So if an offer came in for Bryan next week and we didn’t have a replacement Bryan can go?

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Glad you could remember the finer details. Wasn't sure on the personnel but just knew Flint was on the bench till the window was closed.

4 minutes ago, Selred said:

Prem teams have another week to swoop for players, but am I right in thinking our window shuts tomorrow? So if an offer came in for Bryan next week and we didn’t have a replacement Bryan can go?

Window shuts on the 9th, I believe.

4 minutes ago, Selred said:

The window for us closes same time as the Premier League. 5pm next Thursday

Archived