IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Fulham CONFIRMED

Whites

3 minutes ago, Selred said:

Do we think we may get a left back in tomorrow just in case Bryan goes?

Prem teams have another week to swoop for players, but am I right in thinking our window shuts tomorrow? So if an offer came in for Bryan next week and we didn’t have a replacement Bryan can go?

Pretty sure they close on the same day. So we like everyone else has most of next week to do business. Think it might be a week from today. 

2 hours ago, Selred said:

Do we think we may get a left back in tomorrow just in case Bryan goes?

Prem teams have another week to swoop for players, but am I right in thinking our window shuts tomorrow? So if an offer came in for Bryan next week and we didn’t have a replacement Bryan can go?

2 hours ago, Busterrimes said:

The window for us closes same time as the Premier League. 5pm next Thursday

Yep English transfer window closes at the same time no matter which league.

We can still however lose players going to clubs in other football association's though, as the other windows are different.

On 31/07/2018 at 12:55, Phileas Fogg said:

I don't necessarily believe in this myself, but I think there's slightly different expectations of former academy players.

The idea is that you'd hope an academy player would show loyalty to the club that's nurtured and developed him if he's going to leave, by either leaving with at least a year left or signing a contract with a release clause. You'd hope an academy player wouldn't just let their contract wind down in the same way any other player might.

The mood seems to be resigned to him leaving, and I think almost everyone seems to understand that he might want to further his career elsewhere. It would taint his legacy significantly if he let his contract wind down and left on a free.

But what if no offer comes in and accepted by the club? If that's the case then and he leaves for free in 12 months, Bryan will have done nothing wrong by just honouring his contract and will have every right to assess his situation next summer.

28 minutes ago, joeyb said:

But what if no offer comes in and accepted by the club? If that's the case then and he leaves for free in 12 months, Bryan will have done nothing wrong by just honouring his contract and will have every right to assess his situation next summer.

That's what the club needs to assess. If he doesn't go now he'll probably go for cheap at Xmas unless we're looking like a serious promotion drive...

5 hours ago, joeyb said:

The first part of my post you quoted says ‘I don’t necessarily believe this myself’.

People won’t see it as him doing nothing wrong though. Technically yes, he’s honouring his contract and that’s fine. Rightly or wrongly, people expect a bit more thought for the club from academy players though.

10 hours ago, Judda said:

That's what the club needs to assess. If he doesn't go now he'll probably go for cheap at Xmas unless we're looking like a serious promotion drive...

Could be worse than that in financial terms.

A desperate club would buy him in Jan sure- but if a club is say midtable in whatever division, and looking to plan ahead, sign him up on a pre-contract and we would get nothing.

35 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Could be worse than that in financial terms.

A desperate club would buy him in Jan sure- but if a club is say midtable in whatever division, and looking to plan ahead, sign him up on a pre-contract and we would get nothing.

Only non-English teams could do that though, English teams can only sign him to a pre-contract within the last month of his contract. Not saying it couldn't happen with the alledged interest from Germany, but it does narrow the pool of interested parties with the ability to sign him for nothing in January

4 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

Only non-English teams could do that though, English teams can only sign him to a pre-contract within the last month of his contract. Not saying it couldn't happen with the alledged interest from Germany, but it does narrow the pool of interested parties with the ability to sign him for nothing in January

Always assumed it was all clubs?

That makes me feel a bit better then, a bit more confident. Do pre-contract agreements not exist in UK or is it a player by player thing?

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Always assumed it was all clubs?

That makes me feel a bit better then, a bit more confident. Do pre-contract agreements not exist in UK or is it a player by player thing?

They do, but I believe you can only sign a pre-contract with a club in the same association within a month of the contract ending. No idea why that is, but that's how I think it's works. Players do sign them though

4 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

They do, but I believe you can only sign a pre-contract with a club in the same association within a month of the contract ending. No idea why that is, but that's how I think it's works. Players do sign them though

thought it was the final 6 months 

9 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

6 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Don’t  know if this  article helps

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/transfer-news-out-of-contract-free-agents-players-2018-latest-ozil-sanchez-fellaini-a8133126.html

99A57272-6EFB-4633-AC11-F5F56CF02572.png

17 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

It's definitely the case with u24 players that they can't speak to another club in the same association until after the season ends, due to the compensation system. Obviously that doesn't apply when moving abroad as no compensation is due. I'm 90% certain the same rule applies for all players

3 hours ago, chipdawg said:

It's definitely the case with u24 players that they can't speak to another club in the same association until after the season ends, due to the compensation system. Obviously that doesn't apply when moving abroad as no compensation is due. I'm 90% certain the same rule applies for all players

I'm fairly sure that for players to move in England it can only be done in the final month of the contract. If a player were to move to Scotland for example however, they could agree a pre-contact within that 6 month window.

9 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Two big players down. Not good for them. Fans wont be happy.

Just had a text chat with a work mate who's a big 'Boro fan, they ain't happy at all. They turned down £23M for Gibson last season and are now expecting Pulisball. They are NOT looking forward to it! 

9 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Two big players down. Not good for them. Fans wont be happy.

Pretty sure they bought Flint expecting that one to happen, as Ayala is pretty strong at our level, but just realised they sold Patrick Bamford earlier this week, too, definitely expect them to be very active next week..

All this debate about Joe possibly running down his contract and how much it may cost us, which I can understand.

It seems to be going under the radar that Korey Smith and COD are also out of contract next summer.

Both are probably worth a bit and with Callum being one we bought for a reasonable fee, hoping to increase his value. 

Hope we aren't in a position come Jan where all three could be worth very little. MA needs to get his ass in gear.

On 23/07/2018 at 13:43, Woodsy said:

I don't think you will find a more down to earth footballer

All the work he does for CHSW, paying for treatment for the local lad who got a badly broken leg last year, and I'm sure there are more that don't come to the public's attention. But, yeah. What a ***** Joe Bryan comes across as

Christ sorry if I offended you precious.

I don’t dispute what JB has done off the field & in the local community. It’s clearly very admirable. 

I’m not basing my comments on him off the field, I don’t know the bloke. Ultimately, I’m only interested what he does on the pitch.

To me he struts around on the pitch like he’s big time, his body language indicates to me he comes across like he’s ‘made it’ or thinks he’s above it. He has a swagger and to me he regularly plays within himself. Just my opinion. He has all the attributes to succeed at the very top level but at City I genuinely believe he has become big time & thinks he’s a big fish in a small pond.

He needs to leave to test himself, be put out of his comfort zone & get some hunger back. He has become very complacent for me. Shown today as he was shocking. 

This wasn’t a personal attack on Joe Bryan the person. Clearly King Joe is above criticism as he’s one of our own, but I feel as though in football terms he needs taking down a peg or two to make him succeed at the top level.

10 minutes ago, Taylor10 said:

Christ sorry if I offended you precious.

I don’t dispute what JB has done off the field & in the local community. It’s clearly very admirable. 

I’m not basing my comments on him off the field, I don’t know the bloke. Ultimately, I’m only interested what he does on the pitch.

To me he struts around on the pitch like he’s big time, his body language indicates to me he comes across like he’s ‘made it’ or thinks he’s above it. He has a swagger and to me he regularly plays within himself. Just my opinion. He has all the attributes to succeed at the very top level but at City I genuinely believe he has become big time & thinks he’s a big fish in a small pond.

He needs to leave to test himself, be put out of his comfort zone & get some hunger back. He has become very complacent for me. Shown today as he was shocking. 

This wasn’t a personal attack on Joe Bryan the person. Clearly King Joe is above criticism as he’s one of our own, but I feel as though in football terms he needs taking down a peg or two to make him succeed at the top level.

10 minutes ago, Taylor10 said:

This wasn’t a personal attack on Joe Bryan the person. Clearly King Joe 

It clearly was.

24 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

It clearly was.

I think 'king joe' is reference to his reverence on here. 

I agree with @Taylor10, he does seem to be going through the motions at times and I recognise the air of complacency. 

For me, it does seem in both parties' interest he leaves. He is capable of so much better than what he's produced over the last 6 months, and I think it's going to take a move for him to kick on. Reminds me of the Skuse situation to be honest. 

We persevere because we know what he can produce, but I say give Kelly a go now. He won't be such a downgrade. 

I don't doubt Joe will be a much better player at a new club than what we are seeing. But for all the trying, I just don't think he's going to produce it here anymore as he is too comfortable. I also think he needs to be realistic in that he's still a championship player; for now. 

£4-5m and a sell on would be about right.

Archived