IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Fulham CONFIRMED

Whites

Said last week we should have been in for Douglas , and targetting a lb as a priority IMHO

Was clear Bryan was never signing a new contract

Would have got a decent left back in , and taken a bid when it was acceptable to us , in the meantime tell JB , best fight for a place left midfield if you want to play 

15 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I assume they will have

With the new investment 

Paying bills no longer the issue , merely FFP

Bit p’d off with Bryan tbh and the whole saga

Coasted through Saturday 

If you’re going  shut the door on your way out and good riddance tbh

Harsh. Similar situation to Flint & the “not trying” thing is unproveable. Suppose Pantilimon hadn’t saved his shot - a winning goal might have changed attitudes!

22 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Sounding something out is different to signing them. Of course they’ll have thought about it but we’d better have the ducks in a row before JB is allowed to leave. 

I'm sure it's in hand my friend . 

I'm not sure that a duck would be an adequate replacement for Joe Bryan . 

2 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

You mean when the club refused his Transfer Request.  Since then he wasn't interested. 

Which is piss poor from the player.

However, the consequence of our pathetic recruitment in January and drop-off in form is that our three best players Reid, Bryan and Flint have gone to Championship rivals and ******* Cardiff who were behind us in the league at the end of December. Pretty disappointing to say the least. 

18 minutes ago, stevep38 said:

Him signing for a championship rival leaves a bitter taste. Kodja flint now bryan if he goes. Does that say more about us as a club that players no longer see us as a viable promotion bet or is it simply avout the money? Very very disapointed.

Villa and Boro are far bigger clubs than us as are a number of teams in this league.

3 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Brilliant. A player not playing amazing all of the time is now unprofessional. Presumably you also think that every footballer ever in the history of football (except maybe Ronaldo and Messi) is unprofessional then?

You were the one praising his professionalism

Not impressed with Flint or Reid’s departures either but there was a noticeable difference in their attitude  on the pitch post January

and that of JBs 

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Said last week we should have been in for Douglas , and targetting a lb as a priority IMHO

Would have got a decent left back in , and taken a bid when it was acceptable to us , in the meantime tell JB , best fight for a place left midfield if you want to play 

Seems entirely likely we have a replacement agreed in principle?

8 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Another IOU then is it?

No problem, as they've got two new wealthy joint owners, so the last 2 seasons have been erased from their memory banks and don't count anyway when you are a "big" club.  Everything in the financial garden is rosy and they can return again to being the big spending club that can buy their way back to the prem - which is, of course,  where they belong.

Well that's the summary of the Villa forum thread about their financial "situation". I must confess that I don't think there are too many chartered accountants posting on their forum, so their understanding of ffp might be taken from "FFP for Du Brummies" 

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

LJ has nailed his colours to the mast with Kelly though, hasn't he? Been saying all summer he has faith in him to replace JB... let's find out if he really does!

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Not impressed with Flint or Reid’s departures either but there was a noticeable difference in their attitude  on the pitch post January

and that of JBs 

Flint also at least signed a new contract to ensure we got a decent price.  Bryan & Reid's loyalty to the club that brought them through the ranks is 0 pretty much. That's modern football sadly. 

4 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Harsh. Similar situation to Flint & the “not trying” thing is unproveable. Suppose Pantilimon hadn’t saved his shot - a winning goal might have changed attitudes!

Sorry Leveller 

I was watching him for periods and that burst stood out as one of the few times he pushed himself Saturday

Good player 

Capable of much more than he’s shown us the last 9 months

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

LJ has nailed his colours to the mast with Kelly though, hasn't he? Been saying all summer he has faith in him to replace JB... let's find out if he really does!

Yep it's a good point. Although he didn't seem quite so confident on that panel show for RB last week saying that he still had a lot of work to do. Maybe all the hyping him up over the summer was a bit of bluff.  No doubt he rates him very highly though and reiterated he could play for England eventually. 

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Sorry Leveller 

I was watching him for periods and that burst stood out as one of the few times he pushed himself Saturday

Good player 

Capable of much more than he’s shown us the last 9 months

Agreed , players get stale though . It's probably best for him and the club to move on.

I reckon Bryan will be in a Villa shirt by the end of the day, or not tomorrow.

£6m is a very good fee for a player with a year left, but I can't help but feel a bit cheated that we're selling another key player to a competitor in this division. Could we not have convinced Bryan to sign a year extension last year and try to push him towards signing for a team in the Premier League?

9 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

You mean when the club refused his Transfer Request.  Since then he wasn't interested. 

Well if that's the case I'll take it back and agree with yourself and @BobBobSuperBob. But given that it's purely conjecture at this point for the average fan (though others undoubtedly know more) I don't think my comments are untrue unless what you've said turns out to be the case.

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Really hope you're right on this one of course, but even if Kelly is the next big thing and a top left back, surely we still need another signing as backup? Do we have anyone else really competent at left back if something went wrong (performances or injuries) with Kelly? It would be a case of shoehorning someone in surely.

5 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

You would think LJ and the scouting team were going to prepare for this?

Joe Bryan hasn’t signed his contract and that he sees him every other day?

Hopefully a replacement is lined up shortly.

Webster broke quickly once Flint was on his way. Only 3 days of the window left so can only assume news will break of Bryan's replacement pretty quickly.

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

and that of JBs 

I'd love to know how you can tell the difference in attitude from afar! Poor performance does not necessarily equal bad attitude.

Archived