IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Fulham CONFIRMED

Whites

3 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

One is not an out and out striker.  The other has spent one season in div 4, may turn out to be a good striker but also may not, worth a punt though.

In the mean time Where is the proven striker???

We have a proven striker currently suspended, but in the meantime...

Where was the proven striker last season?

Where was the proven striker the season before that?

6 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Puzzles me how we let JB play on Saturday. Clearly these bids were either on the table or pending and expected. I’m a huge JB fan but he was woeful on Saturday . Never got forward and his clearances were lazy and half hearted. His mind clearly wasn’t on it and if he’d picked up a bad knock we could have flushed £6m down the drain into the bargain. Strange one ! 

Lloyd Kelly probably wasn't 100% which would have meant chucking Cameron Pring in for his league debut which would have been a big risk

4 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

One is not an out and out striker.  The other has spent one season in div 4, may turn out to be a good striker but also may not, worth a punt though.

In the mean time Where is the proven striker???

Where was Albert playing before we signed him? What division was Ollie Watkins before Brentford? Quite a few players can be put in that scenario

Its no surprise that 3 of our best players from last season have gone, why would they want to stay with a club that seems quite happy to tread water and go no-where;

When they saw LJ`s last xmas window effort at transfers I bet they thought WTF we are offski, we slog our bogguts off for half a season get us up to 2nd place and really wtf.

At least I cant see too much left to sale at the end of this season.:dunno:

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

Where was Albert playing before we signed him? What division was Ollie Watkins before Brentford? Quite a few players can be put in that scenario

I think you have missed my point, yes I agree very much that we need to buy raw talent from the lower leagues but this must be offset with the proven signings to.

Serious promotion chasers will have that mix.

The more i think about this the more i think we must be bringing in a replacement. With mags gone and JB on his way surely we wouldnt be stupid enough to put the pressure on Lloyd Kelly to play a whole season of champ footy at his tender years??

10 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

We have a proven striker currently suspended, but in the meantime...

Where was the proven striker last season?

By hook or by crook we have managed to get by each time you mention. How many more times can we do this before our luck runs out I wonder. Eisa looked as good as he could given the short amount of time he got and Weimann obviously scored. But Fammy will need to score a good amount for us to be challenging anywhere near the top half imho. 

6 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

I think you have missed my point, yes I agree very much that we need to buy raw talent from the lower leagues but this must be offset with the proven signings to.

Weimann is that player, he was brought in to replicate the pressing off the ball element of our play and act as a second striker to Diedhiou, if he can chip in with 10-15 goals this season then his £2m is fantastic value.

7 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

The more i think about this the more i think we must be bringing in a replacement. With mags gone and JB on his way surely we wouldnt be stupid enough to put the pressure on Lloyd Kelly to play a whole season of champ footy at his tender years??

I wouldn't put any money on that!

Maybe Bailey Wright will be playing left back this season.

1 minute ago, lenred said:

By hook or by crook we have managed to get by each time you mention. How many more times can we do this before our luck runs out I wonder. Eisa looked as good as he could given the short amount of time he got and Weimann obviously scored. But Fammy will need to score a good amount for us to be challenging anywhere near the top half imho. 

So the question is whether you think Diedhiou will score once he is back.

If he scores at a rate the same as he did last season then he'd be on course for about 20 goals (based on his goals to minutes record), providing he misses no more games after the suspension is up.

So even if Diedhiou is half as effective during this season, he'll be good for double figures.

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

So the question is whether you think Diedhiou will score once he is back.

If he scores at a rate the same as he did last season then he'd be on course for about 20 goals (based on his goals to minutes record), providing he misses no more games after the suspension is up.

So even if Diedhiou is half as effective during this season, he'll be good for double figures.

No doubt the ratio will remain or maybe even improve.  But with missing a big chunk of the season before it even starts my concern would be how many minutes he’ll now play over the season.  

3 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Still think Eisa could bang for us, IF we play to his strengths. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he hit double figures over all comps this season, if he comes on regularly with say 20-30 mins to go (allowing Diedhiou to not get tired out and start regularly) he has an eye to get a shot away and seems fairly good at getting on target.

2 minutes ago, lenred said:

No doubt the ratio will remain or maybe even improve.  But with missing a big chunk of the season before it even starts my concern would be how many minutes he’ll now play over the season.  

Well he missed 3/4 months last season compared to maybe a third of that for the suspension.

1 minute ago, hodge said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he hit double figures over all comps this season, if he comes on regularly with say 20-30 mins to go (allowing Diedhiou to not get tired out and start regularly) he has an eye to get a shot away and seems fairly good at getting on target.

It ain't going to happen, but I'd love to see what Fam & Eisa would be like together as a front 2.

1 minute ago, hodge said:

Well he missed 3/4 months last season compared to maybe a third of that for the suspension.

Before he’s even started.....who’s to say he doesn’t miss another 3 months throughout injury. All conjecture of course but knee injuries tend to recur to some degree or another. Here’s hoping it’s trouble and injury free once he comes back. 

Lee Johnson said that Lloyd Kelly could play for England one day.

High praise, high praise indeed, 

BUT...

Emphasis on the words "one day" - not now.

Throwing him into the first 11 in the Championship where he is our only Left Back is very worrying. He'd be playing every game regardless of health / fitness / fatigue. I am hoping we have someone lined up.

Don't really want to put Baker at Left Back but needs must if we have nobody else.

Course, it could work out ok and he may play every minute of every league game and be a superstar for us. But I tend to err on the side of realism.

1 minute ago, The Batman said:

Lee Johnson said that Lloyd Kelly could play for England one day.

High praise, high praise indeed, 

BUT...

Emphasis on the words "one day" - not now.

Throwing him into the first 11 in the Championship where he is our only Left Back is very worrying. He'd be playing every game regardless of health / fitness / fatigue. I am hoping we have someone lined up.

Don't really want to put Baker at Left Back but needs must if we have nobody else.

Course, it could work out ok and he may play every minute of every league game and be a superstar for us. But I tend to err on the side of realism.

We have till the end of the month to try to organise a loan if we want

8 minutes ago, lenred said:

He isnt missing much of this season at the moment though.

At a maximum he will miss 5 league games, including the one already played. Last season he missed 14-15 league games through the injury he got against Palace.

But that injury was a bit of a freak accident and shouldnt be a recurring one.

27 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Like the players we have signed from other Championship clubs this summer?

1 minute ago, The Batman said:

True

But look at January's loan signings. How did those work out?

And looking at his record overall of getting loans in its not so bad. Well publicised reasons for janaury but we have also brought in Tammy/Tomlin etc. 

Just now, RedRaw said:

Just to throw another scenario into the ring, Pisano played left back against Shrewsbury and possibly one or two other friendlies........

weirdly, despite almost every fibre of my being telling me that is a ridiculous idea, I actually don't hate the thought of that.

God, I need to get out of the sun

Archived