IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Fulham CONFIRMED

Whites

16 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

I am a big fan of the younger players coming through too. I wouldn’t worry a bit if we had Kelly and Pring as our LB options. 

Gutted for Max if we’re bringing in Stephen Henderson rather than keeping him around the first team squad.

I wonder if it’s time for Taylor to move on and for us to realise a profit. Now we are looking stronger across attack minded midfield I wonder whether we’d think hard if a strong bid for Pato came in before the deadline. He has flashes of brilliance but goes missing during games and when we’re on a bad run. Also not sure there’s the work rate that LJ demands.

Sitting on the bench is not going to do Max any good, he needs to be playing games in League 1 or 2 ideally.

5 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I believe he has to pay them a big sum if he breaks his contract. Ashley won't sack him as it will cost him.

It has been reported that he has been offered £100m to spend if he signs a 3 year contract but that £100m would itself be spread over 3 years.

Rafa also wants money spent on the academy and training ground but Ashley is refusing.

Rafa always moans about not having enough money to spend. 

Unsurprisingly fans seem to be split on Joe’s abilities and potential but what seems clear now is that many of us overrated him following the cup games last season. The apparent lack of Premier League interest indicates that as with Flint the Premier League clubs are far from convinced about him as £4m is loose change to them.

16 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

Unsurprisingly fans seem to be split on Joe’s abilities and potential but what seems clear now is that many of us overrated him following the cup games last season. The apparent lack of Premier League interest indicates that as with Flint the Premier League clubs are far from convinced about him as £4m is loose change to them.

Tell that to Newcastle ?

I am a bit surprised too tbf. I thought he may get some interest. Don’t think it is the talent but the consistency that premier league clubs look for. He just doesn’t have that and maybe he feels he won’t get that around him and being moved around for the team. 

I would not be surprised if he moved and got another move a year later to the prem or if wherever he goes gets promoted and he has a good season. He has the tools but atm not the mindset. Change probably needed for him and 4m + is not a small fee. 

12 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

We haven't had one since Christmas!

I think this is what sticks in my throat most to.

He has clearly not wanted to be here since January...he has coasted through so many games

I'm not overly concerned about him leaving. My concern is not replacing him. Lloyd Kelly is still a kid and to be thrust into that position week in week out...so soon...might not benefit him or us 

8 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Not sure how it will not benefit him? Youngsters clearly improve when given game time. As for us, well he was superb at the end of the season. People saying about his age, I don't really get it. Sessegnon was a regular for Fulham at 16. If you're good enough, you're old enough.

The only concern age wise is the physicality of playing Saturday/Tuesday regularly as you don't get exposed to it at academy level being a game a week, this can be managed easily enough by playing him in rotation with Pring or a new LB.

Good luck to him, never been that convinced by him as a left back. Far more average games than good games in my opinion. Lacks concentration, seems to have lightening pace and desire going forward but much less so when tracking back, cutting out crosses or trying to defend in general.

That said, he has scored some memorable goals (Rovers, Swindon, Bradford, Man Utd) so for that I’m grateful.

Really hope we keep faith with Kelly and if we do sign a left back, it’s as competition for him rather than as a number one and that the funds are used elsewhere. 

25 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I think this is what sticks in my throat most to.

He has clearly not wanted to be here since January...he has coasted through so many games

I'm not overly concerned about him leaving. My concern is not replacing him. Lloyd Kelly is still a kid and to be thrust into that position week in week out...so soon...might not benefit him or us 

Well, this forum is always bemoaning the lack of youth....'if you're good enough you're old enough' etc....time will soon tell if he's good enough - however I'm guessing we'll have a replacement in anyway.

22 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Agreed, which is why I think we will replace him. Ability-wise, Kelly is good enough to make the step up, but it would be asking a hell of a lot of him to be first choice for a whole season, playing Saturday-Tuesday regularly. He's barely kicked a ball in preseason as it is.

With everyone wishing him well, just throwing out there a small hunch that this isn't a done deal. The fact we have accepted offers means nothing really.

There was always going to be a point in the negotiations where we had to accept offers if he wasn't signing a contract, but it doesn't mean he wants out.

I always had a feeling JB would be the most amenable to staying, but knowing he'd sacrifice money he has to take negotiations to the wire to minimise it.

He can still turn down both the offers, and I assume there's still a contract on the table he can sign before Thursday (or counter offer City one final time).

No wishful thinking on my part, I think he's the easiest of the 3 players to replace, but it wouldn't surprise me if he ultimately opts for plaudits for staying.

5 minutes ago, Olé said:

With everyone wishing him well, just throwing out there a small hunch that this isn't a done deal. The fact we have accepted offers means nothing really.

There was always going to be a point in the negotiations where we had to accept offers if he wasn't signing a contract, but it doesn't mean he wants out.

I always had a feeling JB would be the most amenable to staying, but knowing he'd sacrifice money he has to take negotiations to the wire to minimise it.

He can still turn down both the offers, and I assume there's still a contract on the table he can sign before Thursday (or counter offer City one final time).

No wishful thinking on my part, I think he's the easiest of the 3 players to replace, but it wouldn't surprise me if he ultimately opts for plaudits for staying.

Think his body language on Saturday suggested otherwise, I would be amazed if he is still here after Thursday.

'Boro would be a likely option to me. Everyone goes on about Pack and Flint, but it did seem to me that before the game Saturday, Joe was wandering around looing for someone to do his funny little handshake ritual with. It might also help Flint settle from their point of view.

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

'Boro would be a likely option to me. Everyone goes on about Pack and Flint, but it did seem to me that before the game Saturday, Joe was wandering around looing for someone to do his funny little handshake ritual with. It might also help Flint settle from their point of view.

And then they would have half of what was overall a pretty shit defence last season!

11 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Think his body language on Saturday suggested otherwise, I would be amazed if he is still here after Thursday.

Oh, I quite agree Graham, in fact a majority of his body language since January, but he could equally be sulking because he wants the club to go further to meet him halfway and give him an excuse to stay, which I always imagined was a more serious option for him.

I guess the point I was making in my earlier post was that even if he wanted to stay, it wouldn't be in his interests for anything other than the present series of events to happen anyway (culminating in a decision or retreat on Thursday) so nothing has really changed.

I doubt anything is off the table yet.

And don't forget, Bobby and Joe progressed together through the levels for years, this'll be the first time there has been an explicit divergence in their progress. Turn down a move and Joe can at least claim it was his decision, and hope for his own Prem interest in Jan.

1 hour ago, MC RISK77 said:

Ok will take you’re word for it...reports suggest otherwise

What reports?

Transfers are not usually paid upfront , there is an agreed payment profile over a period of time.

The only mention of Villa not paying us was on this website!

Should they have failed to make a payment, we would have gone to the EFL with our evidence and Villa would immediately been put on a transfer embargo ! 

And they would have remained on that until they paid up .

6 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

What reports?

Transfers are not usually paid upfront , there is an agreed payment profile over a period of time.

The only mention of Villa not paying us was on this website!

Should they have failed to make a payment, we would have gone to the EFL with our evidence and Villa would immediately been put on a transfer embargo ! 

And they would have remained on that until they paid up .

:nono:

You've not been following football authorities approach to us, have you?

We go to EFL telling them about the failed payments but Villa could get 2 players to write a report saying they had paid, "Nah nah", and that would be our case thrown out.

I’m fed up about hearing all this garbage about body language and he hasn’t been trying. People are just looking for a stick to beat him with. Bryan has never been a consistent performer. If he didn’t want to play or was sulking then he wouldn’t have been picked as per other players in the past. I find it hilarious that spectators in the crowd think they can see something when all the manager and coaches can’t see it with all their insider knowledge and modern gadgets

16 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

All the talk of Kelly being the potential replacement for Bryan however LJ has said himself he sees Kelly as being a central defender and has all the attributes to be one, so what’s the benefit of playing him at left back now?

In 4 years time or so he sees him swapping over, that's 4 years of league experience in a position he can play now. 

21 minutes ago, Big C said:

I’m fed up about hearing all this garbage about body language and he hasn’t been trying. People are just looking for a stick to beat him with. Bryan has never been a consistent performer. If he didn’t want to play or was sulking then he wouldn’t have been picked as per other players in the past. I find it hilarious that spectators in the crowd think they can see something when all the manager and coaches can’t see it with all their insider knowledge and modern gadgets

Well, this manager and the coaches don’t seem to be able to suss out that buying consistently inconsistent players results in a consistently inconsistent team, buying lightweights results in a lightweight team, and buying no leaders results in a leaderless team. Aside from that we’re fine. 

Archived