IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Fulham CONFIRMED

Whites

11 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Because that would be very backwards thinking.

Arbritrary numbers being used here, but if Joe does want a new challenge and is on, let's say, 5k a week here.

Then Villa come in, have a bid accepted and their opening offer of wages to Joe is 10k a week, then why shouldn't he say yes?

He has still moved for a new challenge, a pay rise was a secondary benefit.

Simplistic assumptions as always jamesbcfc. Glad the world is so black and white and orderly for you. I imagine the decision is much harder and more nuanced for Joe.

16 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

I wish he would actually just hurry up and go now. I don’t want this left till last minute on Thursday we need time to reinvest etc

It doesn't need to be, we can loan a player with the option to buy in January until end of the month

1 minute ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

Simplistic assumptions as always jamesbcfc. Glad the world is so black and white and orderly for you. I imagine the decision is much harder and more nuanced for Joe.

It was a simplified scenario to make a point in response to a silly question.

Why should Joe demand to be paid less than he would likely be offered if him wanting to have a new challenge is the reason he wants to move?

I have at no point professed any knowledge of why Joe hasn't signed the contract we offered him, or why he would or would not make any decision. So you can keep your condescension, perhaps return when you can tell what a hypothetical scenario is.

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

I tend to treat the 'new challenge' line from any player with scepticism, especially when they claim they are not moving for the money.

if it is genuinely about the challenge then why not insist the new club pay them the same money as the old one?

Not that Bryan has said anything of the sort. Yet.

So are you claiming that any player who moves on from a club is purely doing that for the money?

With no desire to go and test themselves at a higher level or try to win things, play in Europe etc?

20 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Because that would be very backwards thinking.

Arbritrary numbers being used here, but if Joe does want a new challenge and is on, let's say, 5k a week here.

Then Villa come in, have a bid accepted and their opening offer of wages to Joe is 10k a week, then why shouldn't he say yes?

He has still moved for a new challenge, a pay rise was a secondary benefit.

Yes of course, I'm being partly facetious and talking in general terms.

I just wish players wouldn't sometimes claim the money doesn't come into it when only an unrealistic minority criticises them for taking the opportunity.

They have no more reason to be embarrassed about increasing their income than rest of us and shouldn't pander to the critics.

1 minute ago, ScottishRed said:

So are you claiming that any player who moves on from a club is purely doing that for the money?

With no desire to go and test themselves at a higher level or try to win things, play in Europe etc?

No of course not, I am saying they don't need to be defensive about doing what most of us would do by pretending money is not a factor in order to appease a few unreasonable critics.

I prefer the alternative response where players say they have a chance to secure their and their family's future. Who wouldn't want to do that?

Not that Joe has done any of the above I hasten to add.

21 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Or he’s failed a medical/turned them down,

could be any number of things 

Perhaps Joe scored to high on Villa's IQ test.

9 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Who would play their Saturday . Lk has just got fit . We need a left back on a permanent straight away. They’ve known all summer JB was off

Lk would I suspect he should get 90 mins under his belt tonight 

10 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

That's absolutely fair enough but you just went back 9 pages in an effort to give me a 'rubbish' :facepalm: :laugh:

I was reading back through the thread and I had explained my reasons directly to you

I realise you are one of a little clan that have a problem with me but try not to get too upset over one rubbish bin

I have a collection

2 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Make sense, with our new winger out for a spell.

Plus he can play on left infront of Kelly which would work for me. Wages shouldnt be an issue with what we have got in transfer fees and it would be a marquee signing to ease the pain of the players we have lost.

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I was reading back through the thread and I had explained my reasons directly to you

I realise you are one of a little clan that have a problem with me but try not to get too upset over one rubbish bin

I have a collection

I have no problem with you mate it was just the one disagreement. No hard feelings from me :thumbsup:

Things are getting desperate. We’ve had the usual jokes, puns and tangents and insults,  but now people are discussing why other people gave them a rubbish! For goodness sake Joe, get a move on and go. 

Archived