IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Fulham CONFIRMED

Whites

1 minute ago, slartibartfast said:

MY god........can't Villa afford a pen, or what ?

Calm down, FFS. It's not nearly as bad as the Nicky Maynard situation yet.

And I can't see Joe leaving and taking the piss out of the Bristolian accent .............

?

1 minute ago, lenred said:

Who has LJ developed from the academy? Joe and Bob were already on there way and regular starters or first team squad members way before LJ. Only Lloyd that I can think of at the moment that’s in the sqaud? 

Agree though hopefully it will start to produce far more. We all love homegrown talent at the end of the day 

Anyone else has a pop at Johnson, and they are going to get their faces smashed in.

"Lay off it".

?

1 minute ago, lenred said:

Who has LJ developed from the academy? Joe and Bob were already on there way and regular starters or first team squad members way before LJ. Only Lloyd that I can think of at the moment that’s in the sqaud? 

Agree though hopefully it will start to produce far more. We all love homegrown talent at the end of the day 

Maybe not regulars but Semenyo, Morrell and I think Edwards got a game. As said it'll take a few years to bed in. 

• Admin
27 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

It’s a fair point and no of course I’m not suggesting they were free. But likewise the academy wasn’t set up just to support Bryan and Reid so it’s hard to objectively measure the cost to the club. 

But like I said my point was about everyone talking about what a disastrous transfer window it was....the entire point of the academy is to bring players through who go on to be top talents, and getting £15m+ for two who have come through is good business, especially when neither want to be here. 

But in FFP terms the Academy is free. I appreciate the money has to come from somewhere but investment in it doesn’t come out of our allowed losses for the year so fees for Academy players are very helpful.

2 minutes ago, Ian M said:

But in FFP terms the Academy is free. I appreciate the money has to come from somewhere but investment in it doesn’t come out of our allowed losses for the year so fees for Academy players are very helpful.

Cheers for the info

33 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I use my eyes rather than stats that can be twisted. He is much worse than Bobby Reid

The stats are unarguable. When Taylor was on the pitch he scored or assisted every 180 minutes. When Reid was on the pitch he scored or assisted every 156 minutes. Thats not an opinion, it’s fact. 

And at no point did I say, or try to say, that he was as good as Reid? 

Simply that to suggest he’s done nothing or next to nothing is massively wrong, as the facts prove 

11 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

The stats are unarguable. When Taylor was on the pitch he scored or assisted every 180 minutes. When Reid was on the pitch he scored or assisted every 156 minutes. Thats not an opinion, it’s fact. 

And at no point did I say, or try to say, that he was as good as Reid? 

Simply that to suggest he’s done nothing or next to nothing is massively wrong, as the facts prove 

The stats are arguable. Assist stats are very arguable indeed.  

If Bryan runs past four players, does an incredible pass to Taylor, Taylor lays off easy ball for Diedhiou to score then Taylor gets the assist. Bryan was actually the main creator and he gets nothing.

Also if player A plays a simple ball to player B who smashes it in from 30 yards, he gets an assist despite not doing much to warrant one. Finally, that latter assist is worth the same in stats terms as an assist that has required far more skill.

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

The stats are arguable. Assist stats are very arguable indeed.  

If Bryan runs past four players, does an incredible pass to Taylor, Taylor lays off easy ball for Diedhiou to score then Taylor gets the assist. Bryan was actually the main creator and he gets nothing.

Also if player A plays a simple ball to player B who smashes it in from 30 yards, he gets an assist despite not doing much to warrant one. Finally, that latter assist is worth the same in stats terms as an assist that has required far more skill.

In the same way that Taylor’s hard work off the ball creates opportunities for others and Taylor is credited with nothing. 

You'd think comparing a couple of players over the course of the season and this would even itself out roughly, in the main. 

My point stands that Taylor’s contribution to us is under appreciated and it’s nonsense to suggest he’s not had an impact or been useful. 

In light of his transfer fee I’d go as far as to call it one of the best pieces of business we’ve done in recent years, given that he was signed for loose change. 

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

In the same way that Taylor’s hard work off the ball creates opportunities for others and Taylor is credited with nothing. 

You'd think comparing a couple of players over the course of the season and this would even itself out roughly, in the main. 

My point stands that Taylor’s contribution to us is under appreciated and it’s nonsense to suggest he’s not had an impact or been useful. 

In light of his transfer fee I’d go as far as to call it one of the best pieces of business we’ve done in recent years, given that he was signed for loose change. 

Agreed it was good business but he must do more. If we need a goal and Taylor comes on I dont feel like he is going to change anything. 

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Agreed it was good business but he must do more. If we need a goal and Taylor comes on I dont feel like he is going to change anything. 

Too true. We were totally on the back foot in the second half on Saturday. On trots Taylor and there was no chance he was going to change the flow of the game.

Later on comes Eisa, one run and foul later, we are on the front foot.

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

Weirdo

1 hour ago, ... said:

Anus.

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

Summer holidays

As word association games go, this is not a good one!

19 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Too true. We were totally on the back foot in the second half on Saturday. On trots Taylor and there was no chance he was going to change the flow of the game.

Later on comes Eisa, one run and foul later, we are on the front foot.

Wasn’t there, but how influential was Korey coming on?  Might be co-incidental but the text commentary I had seemed to show a correlation to his subbing into the game.  Just asking, as I said, wasn’t there.

1 hour ago, Red Army 87 said:

Having emojis available on here now is excellent.

Being an old fart, I had only just got used to the original batch of OTIB emojis,

I now have panic attacks when I go to use them now, as there is a deluge of emojis appearing on the screen and for many I haven't got the foggiest idea what they mean.

3 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Being an old fart, I had only just got used to the original batch of OTIB emojis,

I now have panic attacks when I go to use them now, as there is a deluge of emojis appearing on the screen and for many I haven't got the foggiest idea what they mean.

If in doubt, just stick that picture of Ola on.

Everybody's happy. :yes:

4 minutes ago, downendcity said:

? this one means you've just commented on a Robbored post .

1 hour ago, lenred said:

Is absolutely true, Len but before the intervention of LJ, turning BR into a striker, his resale value would have likely been <£500k; LJ was majorly involved in BR's development netting us £10m in the process.

I wonder if the Grealish saga is stopping Villa from announcing Joe Bryan?

Some of the Twitter press seem to be of the opinion that to pass FFP Villa need to sell Grealish, and it looked like Spurs were going to sign him for £25m+ (stupid money, if you ask me). However, Spurs have now declared the deal as dead, and are pursuing Ryan Sessegnon instead for a bumper deal. Without Grealish moving on, the Bryan deal won't be signed, leaving two scenarios:

1. Boro, who have also had a deal agreed, can swoop in to sign Bryan,  and they can have half of our defensive line from last year.
  2. Bryan remains a Bristol City player, and the club (presumably) keeps him in the first team.

I'm starting to worry that the latter is going to happen, and that keeping a player that has both feet currently out of the door is going to have a negative effect on the players that want to play for the club.

5 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Agard scored an equaliser against Hull a few years ago. Lets see Henderson match that

Didn't we go in front that day? Could be wrong, as Dave below says, it was bastard freezing and my brain may have frozen over

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Flipping freezing midday kick off....I didn’t begrudge Kodjia his “Keith Weller” white tights that day at all.  Was also dead jealous of Joe’s moon boots....you should have seen the steam come off them when he got home! ?

I don't remember the tights - my overriding memory of that day was:

1 - thinking how far behind Hull we were when you looked at our squad compared to theirs. How things change round, eh?
2 - this was the first game I took my eldest too. At one point during the second half she was trying to talk to me whilst City were attacking, so I asked her to wait until the move was over. As the attack petered out I turned to her and asked what she wanted to say. She pointed at some blokes at the row in front and said to me (bearing in mind she was about 12 at the time) 'that bloke in the blue coat just called the bloke in the green coat a ***'. It was at that point we had the chat that Dad had with me on our first visit to the Gate about how you will hear things that don't need to be repeated to Mum when we get home. I gave her my serious face, then turned back the other way and cracked up. Such a bad Dad ?‍♂️

2 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

Good quality player. His impact is under appreciated IMHO.

Given a run in the team he’d score a lot of goals and create for others.

Impacted by injury and the unexpected form of Reid last year.

Is that a young Marlon Pack in your avatar? I find this far more disturbing than your last effort

5 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Is absolutely true, Len but before the intervention of LJ, turning BR into a striker, his resale value would have likely been <£500k; LJ was majorly involved in BR's development netting us £10m in the process.

Correct to an extent, the backroom analysts and statisticians flagged up BR's potential to convert to striker, and LJ, to his credit, gave it a go.

The best thing that ever happened to Bobby was LJs return to the club.

He not only rated Bobby highly from coaching him at junior levels but was fiercely determined to give him every opportunity to succeed.

Archived