IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Fulham CONFIRMED

Whites

3 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Didn't we go in front that day? Could be wrong, as Dave below says, it was bastard freezing and my brain may have frozen over

I don't remember the tights - my overriding memory of that day was:

1 - thinking how far behind Hull we were when you looked at our squad compared to theirs. How things change round, eh?
2 - this was the first game I took my eldest too. At one point during the second half she was trying to talk to me whilst City were attacking, so I asked her to wait until the move was over. As the attack petered out I turned to her and asked what she wanted to say. She pointed at some blokes at the row in front and said to me (bearing in mind she was about 12 at the time) 'that bloke in the blue coat just called the bloke in the green coat a ***'. It was at that point we had the chat that Dad had with me on our first visit to the Gate about how you will hear things that don't need to be repeated to Mum when we get home. I gave her my serious face, then turned back the other way and cracked up. Such a bad Dad ?‍♂️

Is that a young Marlon Pack in your avatar? I find this far more disturbing than your last effort

Maybe we did? I thought I remember him coming off the bench. Had been injured maybe? Remember the goal though. Scramble inside 6 yard box and Agard scored against a very strong Hull side. Remember their goal too just forgot his name. Little scottish attacking midfielder and an older one.

Funny how you can remember anything from a match like that

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Maybe we did? I thought I remember him coming off the bench. Had been injured maybe? Remember the goal though. Scramble inside 6 yard box and Agard scored against a very strong Hull side. Remember their goal too just forgot his name. Little scottish attacking midfielder and an older one.

Right, we defo went in front. Both goals at Atyeo end, their goal was Shaun Maloney. Came on as a sub? Either Curtis Davies went off injured early on and Michael Dawson came on, or it was the other way around. They had Huddlestone and Livermore in midfield. Pack got stick all game, despite obviously carrying out his orders to an absolute t. Steve Bruce looked very rotund

The memories are flooding back now!

2 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Right, we defo went in front. Both goals at Atyeo end, their goal was Shaun Maloney. Came on as a sub? Either Curtis Davies went off injured early on and Michael Dawson came on, or it was the other way around. They had Huddlestone and Livermore in midfield. Pack got stick all game, despite obviously carrying out his orders to an absolute t. Steve Bruce looked very rotund

The memories are flooding back now!

Wasn’t Diame in the #10 role too? Remember now thinking how massive their midfield was. Was a decent day as I remember thinking we would get battered. 

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Wasn’t Diame in the #10 role too? Remember now thinking how massive their midfield was. Was a decent day as I remember thinking we would get battered. 

Think you're right, and the fella who scored against them for Villa on Monday played too. They had a decent right back as well, can't remember his name though, may have come from Arsenal?

And you're right, Huddlestone and Livermore looked like giants compared to our boys. Remember having a good argument on here after the game with someone, Huddlestone ran the show that day, sat 10 yards off the ball, was always available, let Livermore do all the running. Someone on here was saying that he hadn't broken sweat as he'd done **** all for the 90 mins, funny how we see things differently. I said to my eldest that we'd get battered that day, it was probably a good introduction for her, get ready for a life time of pain, then ended up feeling disappointed we didn't get all 3 points

19 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Correct to an extent, the backroom analysts and statisticians flagged up BR's potential to convert to striker, and LJ, to his credit, gave it a go.

The best thing that ever happened to Bobby was LJs return to the club.

He not only rated Bobby highly from coaching him at junior levels but was fiercely determined to give him every opportunity to succeed.

Actually we had no fit striker pre season against part timers.

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

Agreed it was good business but he must do more. If we need a goal and Taylor comes on I dont feel like he is going to change anything. 

Agreed but I also think that's not his strong suit. He's not suddenly going to light up the field with explosive pace or whatever. But he is going to give defenders something to think about IF we can get the ball in and around him. The stats bear witness to the fact that he's involved in a lot of the goals we score when he's on the pitch.

I think he'd really benefit from a prolonged run of starts, which for whatever reason he's not yet really had

14 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Think you're right, and the fella who scored against them for Villa on Monday played too. They had a decent right back as well, can't remember his name though, may have come from Arsenal?

And you're right, Huddlestone and Livermore looked like giants compared to our boys. Remember having a good argument on here after the game with someone, Huddlestone ran the show that day, sat 10 yards off the ball, was always available, let Livermore do all the running. Someone on here was saying that he hadn't broken sweat as he'd done **** all for the 90 mins, funny how we see things differently. I said to my eldest that we'd get battered that day, it was probably a good introduction for her, get ready for a life time of pain, then ended up feeling disappointed we didn't get all 3 points

Did Odubajo play or was he injured? Robertson played at LB and looked comfortable always thought he’d make it at Liverpool. Suits Klopp. 

6 minutes ago, Bristols finest said:

I know it’s done and everything but has anyone else noticed he’s already take us out of his twitter bio 

69D13C2C-613A-423E-9DB2-99EEC48444FC.png

That happened ages ago. Also, how many people do you follow to have 165 who also follow Joe Bryan? Half of Bristol?!

28 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Dawson caught Kodjia twice early on, one of them really badly and that was him done for the day.  

Agard was in the middle of a run of 3/4 games, we’d picked up a few points and looked we were ready to take off....alas.

24 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Agreed but I also think that's not his strong suit. He's not suddenly going to light up the field with explosive pace or whatever. But he is going to give defenders something to think about IF we can get the ball in and around him. The stats bear witness to the fact that he's involved in a lot of the goals we score when he's on the pitch.

I think he'd really benefit from a prolonged run of starts, which for whatever reason he's not yet really had

He hasn't had them as he isn't good enough.  Moves breakdown when he is involved.  Sure he will get chances in the team this season but I have little hope he will take them.  I see him moving on in the summer.  

10 minutes ago, downendcity said:

You mean you are!  :)

True, but I can't be alone in that surely? 

Since you brought her to my attention I've looked at her google pics. and, attractive as she might be, I was dumbfounded to see how extremely clumsy she can be with a pint of milk. :noexp:

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

sean maloney scored for them that day

7 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I just can’t get over what a shit signing Henderson would be. 

Its about as exciting as us resigning Kieran Agard. 

The signing of Henderson would be no where near the level of excitement upon the return of the messiah.

7 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Haha, and our social media team would tease his release with photos.. one picture showing his smile and one gold tooth.. everyone gets excited thinking it's the next big thing from the French leagues or something.. then it turns out to be #WelcomeBackKieran

This would be absolutely spectacular and you know it. Salivating just at the thought.

6 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

Don't tempt fate!

Tempt it! Tempt it!

6 hours ago, bpexile said:

Be careful what you wish for Fordy.

You seem to be suggesting that the return of Agard wouldn’t be the greatest day in recent footballing history...

We’d have made the final (and probably won the whole darn thing) if Gareth Southgate only had the balls to pick him.

This place is baffling.

BAFFLING.

1 minute ago, Bristols finest said:

Wow - this is taking its time, must be down to us saying can you hold back with the announcement. No other reason they wouldn’t of announced it.

Maybe we wont let it be completed until the lad from Chelsea or lad from Southampton is a done deal, so like it's only a deal if we get a replacement cause it's so late in the window.

Archived