IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Fulham CONFIRMED

Whites

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Better club for youth, but not so sure he'd have been a regular starter at Fulham tbh. Looking at some of the players they have, plus have signed...

Very true. But the sort of club that would suit his style so much more than Cardiff I think. Either way I’m sure he’s happy!

Getting a lot of enjoyment in recalling the scene from Partridge where he sees Dan across the car park and attempts to attract his attention by shouting “Dan!” Fourteen times. 

Only Partridge is Steve Bruce and Dan is Joe Bryan. 

“Joe!”

”Joe!”

”Joe!”

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Better club for youth, but not so sure he'd have been a regular starter at Fulham tbh. Looking at some of the players they have, plus have signed...

I have a feeling they may be looking at him as a left midfielder more than a left back. Anyone who saw what did against Man Utd would be of the mind that he is indeed a midfielder first and foremost.

5 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

I have a feeling they may be looking at him as a left midfielder more than a left back. Anyone who saw what did against Man Utd would be of the mind that he is indeed a midfielder first and foremost.

Could well be.

Tough competition though- Sessegnon and Schurrle can also play left IIRC...I think they will be looking for him and his versatility to cover in both positions as a first reserve, when required.

Or maybe they play him v the weaker and middling sides at LB and Le Marchand in the tougher games/away from home- something like that. Nice problem to have anyway!

4 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Aren’t they only in for him because their initial target, Targett, fell through?

32 minutes ago, cityal said:

I'm perfectly happy if everyone connected with Aston Villa (owner, manager, players and fans) carries on with this totally arrogant thinking - we're on the same level as them because we play in same division - as do teams like rotherham, wigan, brentford and all the other "small" clubs their terribly self obsessed fans seem to think are below them.

It is precisely that sort of thinking from any so called "big" club that keeps teams like that in the championship. With that kind of attitude they are well on the way to becoming the next Leeds.

To be fair, I think that Wigan, Rotherham, Bolton etc are below us and expect many city fans do too. The thing with Villa is they think it is their right to go and hammer everyone and walk the league because they belong in the Prem. A Villa fan I know last season said "we can sign whoever we want with our money, and nobody can compete with us in this league". That will be why they got JT on stupid wages and had about £60 million in strikers - also the reason why they are shelling out 6 million per month in costs and nearly lost their training ground. Another season of failure will see them in massive trouble again, so yet again huge pressure on them to go up - which they will struggle to do imo.

So according to the various stuff doing the rounds:

• Villa offered £4m rising to £6m
  • Fulham offered £6.3m (haven’t seen any add-ones....sure both deals will have a sellon)

The Villa Deal wasn’t completed.  A Prem club come knocking offering City more money.  Of course Villa fans will be upset, but even if Fulham and Villa has offered identical deals, I'm pretty sure Joe would’ve accepted Fulham.

Good rustling though.

If there is any salt shortage on the roads in Birmingham this winter I’d be surprised.

Not that I care at all, but is it bad form for City to accept the Fulham offer when the Villa one is 99% done?

Obviously the Fulham deal is better for the club financially, so it's within our own interest to accept.. plus it doesn't strengthen a direct rival.. but I was wondering whether there's an unwritten rule that once a deal reaches the stage the Villa one did that you don't entertain other offers?

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Not that I care at all, but is it bad form for City to accept the Fulham offer when the Villa one is 99% done?

Obviously the Fulham deal is better for the club financially, so it's within our own interest to accept.. plus it doesn't strengthen a direct rival.. but I was wondering whether there's an unwritten rule that once a deal reaches the stage the Villa one did that you don't entertain other offers?

Bad form or not I would so so so much rather he go to Fulham. Would leave a sour taste him not signing a new contract then leaving for another champ club.

Wouldn't begrudge him a move to the prem in the slightest though (plus the extra cash won't hurt).

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Surely our only duty is to get the best deal possible for Bristol city FC. Joe walked away from Villa we just accepted bids that we felt were acceptable.

1 minute ago, redsince1994 said:

Bad form or not I would so so so much rather he go to Fulham. Would leave a sour taste him not signing a new contract then leaving for another champ club.

Wouldn't begrudge him a move to the prem in the slightest though (plus the extra cash won't hurt).

I'd happily go and watch him at Craven Cottage as a "neutral". I'd miss the trip there this year otherwise. A great place for a few beers + football.

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

it would be worse if we rejected it Fogg, you just have to give the player the option to move where he wants

1 minute ago, redsince1994 said:

The rule of either "Dog eat dog" or "Do unto others as you would have them do it to you. But do it first!" 

3 minutes ago, redsince1994 said:

1 minute ago, sglosbcfc said:

Surely our only duty is to get the best deal possible for Bristol city FC. Joe walked away from Villa we just accepted bids that we felt were acceptable.

With respect, I address both of these points in the original post. Of course the priority is money for the club and it doesn't strengthen a direct rival so that's also a plus.

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

it would be worse if we rejected it Fogg, you just have to give the player the option to move where he wants

Good point, that's true.

6 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Safe to say we won't be getting any loans from Villa in the future! :laughcont:

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

With respect, I address both of these points in the original post. Of course the priority is money for the club and it doesn't strengthen a direct rival so that's also a plus.

Good point, that's true.

I meant less the financial side of it and more how I actually feel towards the move and the player. It would be much easier to remember him fondly with the Fulham move.

2 minutes ago, redsince1994 said:

Fulham is a better move for Joe as he goes to a Premiership club, a better move for the club, as it's apparently more money upfront, plus he doesn't strengthen a rival in this division. Yes Villa have been gazumped on deadline day, but that's football. It's just slightly more pleasing in a sadistic way that it happened to Villa, who still think they have a divine right to bounce back to the Premier League and none of the rest of us in this division are worthy, plus it was "little" Fulham (actually owned by a multimillionaire) who pipped them to this signing just like they denied them in the playoff final! 

13 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It’s bad form to sign a player for £15m and still owe £10m of it two years later. 

Karma sometimes takes a while 

Archived