IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Fulham CONFIRMED

Whites

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Looking like a classic case of 'you snooze, you lose'.

If Villa wanted Bryan that much, they could have shown their hand a fortnight ago and been able to up their offer or move on to other targets, but leaving it this late in the window might well have been a tactic to score a bargain and give us next to no time to source a replacement.

Oh well. 

(Fingers crossed he does sign for Fulham now).

Exactly.  They’ve tried to do it late to force us to accept less than we ideally wanted...but took the risk, that a Newcastle, Burnley, Fulham might gazump them.

Joe has gone up to Birmingham in good faith, talked contracts, got close to finalising the deal, but it got gatecrashed.  He’d be having strong conversations with his Agent had he been kept in the dark.

We’d be moaning too if it happened to us....although it’s nice / funny when it’s on the other foot.

It is today’s world of football.

4 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yeah, not bothered about it - hope people don't think that!

Just pondered whether any etiquette exists between clubs on this sort of thing.

I think until it's all signed officially, it's fair game - as is the case here.

I doubt Villa would have any qualms whatsoever about doing the same to us if the situation arose.

18 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I doubt Villa would have any qualms whatsoever about doing the same to us if the situation arose.

I have been reading the Villa forum and the sense of outrage is hilarious. They go on about how out of order it is that Fulham come in at the last moment.

If they actually paid their football creditors then you could feel sorry for them. Maybe not. Self entitled w ankers

2 hours ago, GBray said:

So relieved Bryan jumped ship last minute. 

So are the Villa fans by the looks of it....

A Villa fan from Stratford -on-Avon by the look of his Shakespearean prose.

46 minutes ago, downendcity said:

A Villa fan from Stratford -on-Avon by the look of his Shakespearean prose.

I'm a City fan from Stratford-upon-Avon. I know many Villa fans. I don't think any of them have the vocabulary to come up with that, though.

I've heard on good authority that Joe will not sign his contract until this gets to 50 pages.

He and Slaviša Jokanović are literally stood at Craven Cottage pressing refresh on OTIB.

He wants it to beat the Dwight Gayle thread. Deal is off if it doesn't.

4 minutes ago, Olé said:

I've heard on good authority that Joe will not sign his contract until this gets to 50 pages.

He and Slaviša Jokanović are literally stood at Craven Cottage pressing refresh on OTIB.

He wants it to beat the Dwight Gayle thread. Deal is off if it doesn't.

Fair comment. 

Archived