IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Fulham CONFIRMED

Whites

3 minutes ago, lenred said:

For me it's the fact that Bob and Joe have gone to teams in the Prem that we should be competing with - I see Cardiff and Fulham as our peers. It's not like they've gone to Man City, Spurs, Utd etc. And we're 'celebrating' the fact that our homegrown talent has to join these clubs like them to progress. That's why it's embarrassing. 

Not exactly celebrating, but happier that they have gone on to the Prem. Plus , it's not embarrassing at all. Those teams have got to the Prem on more than one occasion, that is the major difference and something we can strive for. We were competing with them both for the last couple of years, the main difference is they have had a few years near the top of the Championship and higher over the last few years. This is our 3rd year here, missed a trick last year but we are still playing catch up with Fulham and Cardiff.

10 minutes ago, redcityman said:

Absolute tosh, it shows that the investment made in the academy is paying dividends, it also shows any future players that we can offer a good chance of progression.

You’re misunderstanding the point. I’m not angry at selling Joe to the PL I’m angry at announcing it in a juvenile, tinpot way - like I said, complete failing on the part of whoever is paid to do this shite to read the room. 

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

There are plenty of ways to big up that fact without this bollocks. Complete and utter failing of whoever is in charge of this shite to understand the feeling of the fans - completely detached from the real world. 

On the other hand the same could be said of some of our humourless fans. A bit of fun and good to see no bitterness. Adam Baker and Joe Bryan have left the building. Let it go. Onwards and upwards !

9 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Agreed, when we won so convincingly at Craven Cottage before Christmas who would have argued that Joe Bryan leaving us for them would have been a big step up? For me that GIF is a perfect example of the small time mentality holding the club back...

Yes putting it like that, it hurts.

2 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

On the other hand the same could be said of some of our humourless fans. A bit of fun and good to see no bitterness. Adam Baker and Joe Bryan have left the building. Let it go. Onwards and upwards !

Apart from Joe wanted to go, while Adam was made to leave. Hardly the same!

Shame to see him go but glad he's gone to a Prem team, thanks for all the good memories Joe best of luck for the season..

Strange really sold our 3 best players and 2 go to Prem teams and the one I thought would defo go to a Prem team ends up in the same league as us... it's a funny old game...???

8 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

Nothing to let go of, I'm happy Joe has got a decent move and the club has got some dosh out of it rather than potentially nothing in 5 months time. It's the twelve year olds running the marketing department I've got an issue with, who are all probably prem armchair fans

7 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Three key players have gone to clubs that eight months ago we were above in the pyramid.

Galling, really.

I know it goes against our model but to me we need something to raise the spirits.

A marquee signing of some sort- subject to budget of course.Maybe offer Sheff Wed a loan offer with us paying the wages and a loan fee of say £2m for one of their saleable assets. For a while I was pondering whether the marquee signing idea could be Vydra but of course he's gone to Burnley. Because they (Sheff Wed) need the money- and we need a lift as fans IMO.

20 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

I think there’s a time and a place to be honest and when you’re losing your best players, it’s neither.

I’m all for humour and fun on social media but for gods sake have a bit of a clue at to when it is and isn’t appropriate. 

2 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I think people are taking this gif the wrong way, I think it's aimed at Villa ??

Oh it’s definitley aimed at Villa. But it’s still tinpot af. 

Great move for Joe and good luck, hope he does well for Fulham. Really pleased he ditched ville as would not be happy selling to club in same division, very funny reading the ville's forum as they can't understand why he would go to a smaller club like Fulham, perhaps they are still living in the past and not noticed which league they are in.

57 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I’m not one to needlessly bash the club but this is about the most cringeworthy, tinpot thing I’ve seen from us and that takes some doing. 

That’s two of our key players moved on to better things and were actively celebrating it through official club media? Embarrassing. 

Hahahahah you’ve just got to laugh haven’t you, im assuming the GIF was filmed in preparation for the move too ? Class only at Bristol City ay. What a Laughing stock 

12 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I think there’s a time and a place to be honest and when you’re losing your best players, it’s neither.

I’m all for humour and fun on social media but for gods sake have a bit of a clue at to when it is and isn’t appropriate. 

Oh it’s definitley aimed at Villa. But it’s still tinpot af. 

Let's be honest, we've got history for such pathetic behaviour.  The last time we got relegated at this level some brain dead moron thought it clever to play " always look on the bright side of life " over the tannoy. The club can be so cringeworthy at times.

18 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Let's be honest, we've got history for such pathetic behaviour.  The last time we got relegated at this level some brain dead moron thought it clever to play " always look on the bright side of life " over the tannoy. The club can be so cringeworthy at times.

To be fair to the club, there weren't that many great options to play after the last game of the season when we got relegated. What would you have preferred? "When will I see you again"?!

• Admin
28 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

To be fair to the club, there weren't that many great options to play after the last game of the season when we got relegated. What would you have preferred? "When will I see you again"?!

Or play nothing 

7 hours ago, Sniper said:

From Twitter ?

https://twitter.com/hashtag/avfc?src=hash

My mate has just bumped into Joe Bryan. Told him that Fulham hijacking the deal rumours are completely untrue. Already signed contracts with Villa, will be announced later on today. #avfc

DkI_FRPWsAANV9k.jpg

I know that, at the time of posting, the JB transfer to Fulham has already gone through, but I am just catching up on the thread.

I saw this on the same twitter page: How do they really want people to believe them?

Manchester United have turned their centre back pursuit to Aston Villa’s Micah Richards but the club are demanding £30m for the 30 year old #AVFC #MUFC

DkKIFHgWwAEKdas.jpg

Gutted he’s gone, but can’t begrudge someone who has been a decent servant to the club a shot at the Premier League.

All the best to the lad; hopefully the next time we have a top-level quality left back come through the ranks, they’ll get the chance to impress on that stage for us.  Over to you, Mr Kelly...

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

There are plenty of ways to big up that fact without this bollocks. Complete and utter failing of whoever is in charge of this shite to understand the feeling of the fans - completely detached from the real world. 

I knew as soon as I saw it that some people would hate it, which is fine. But in this very thread you’ve got people voicing a different opinion to you, so to say it’s a “complete and utter failing” of someone who’s “completely detached” is a little bit of a reach.

Plus I highly doubt they made it specifically. It says “goal” at the start for one. Everyone at the club will have done a few before the season started, and it just so happened that Joe’s totally fitted the situation with the Villa/Fulham “to me, to you” sketch (RIP Barry) so they saw an opportunity and ran with it. He’d already been trending on Twitter, and - in some ways - it actually would’ve been remiss of the social media manager to not get involved with and take advantage of a big story on social media.

At this moment in time it’s got 903 retweets and 2667 likes. That’s literally the job of the social media side of the club. Get some engagement; get some exposure. If the tea lady made a cup of tea with more sugars than you like, or the wrong kind of milk, I doubt you’d give a slimy rat’s nasal hair. Its only aim is to get a bit of an impact on Twitter. That’s it. Doesn’t affect the rest of the club, or the standing of the club, or the standard of any bricks (plaques?) in walls (on huts?) in the fan village (by an undefined area above some concrete, given a sense of importance due to the arbitrary naming of it and the presence of humans with apparent free will to go wherever they like so with no requirement to remain locked into this vision of a “village” anyway?).

I got carried away there, but the point is it doesn’t matter.

All they’ve done is their job. Feel free to hate it, and you may even hate the fact that such a job exists in the first place, but there’s nothing “complete and utter” about it, really.

27 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I know that, at the time of posting, the JB transfer to Fulham has already gone through, but I am just catching up on the thread.

I saw this on the same twitter page: How do they really want people to believe them?

Manchester United have turned their centre back pursuit to Aston Villa’s Micah Richards but the club are demanding £30m for the 30 year old #AVFC #MUFC

DkKIFHgWwAEKdas.jpg

Tbh, that page/post/account- seems like a spoof or parody to me. Clearly.

Archived