IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Fulham CONFIRMED

Whites

£8m would be a decent fee for us, 12 months left, full backs not as expensive normally as strikers so only £2m off Bobby would be excellent. Given we have Kelly as well not high quality replacement required. 

12 minutes ago, hodge said:

£8m would be a decent fee for us, 12 months left, full backs not as expensive normally as strikers so only £2m off Bobby would be excellent. Given we have Kelly as well not high quality replacement required. 

There ain’t many quality left backs about and Joe’s got a good shot on him and he can score goals. £10 million all day long!

1 hour ago, redsquirrel said:

id rather use him as leverage for rashford to be honest. how cool was that youngster with his penalty :clap::clap:

Rashford is a hell of a talent, but thought he showed his petulant immaturity when he chase the width of the pitch to take Joe out when we played them. As for Joe going to another Championship club Steve Lansdown better remember his words from last season and only let him go to a premium league side. I'd be quoting clubs a figure of £10M and hope to get £8m ish.

6 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I reckon Bryan will want to match Reid and get a Prem move personally. Moving to Boro or somewhere doesn’t guarantee promotion because it’s such a competitive league.

Bournemouth, Burnley, Fulham, Huddersfield - any of those would be a good move for him.

Agree and that is why I think he could stay. Well I would hope so anyway. The loyalty should come into play if only championship clubs are in for him. 

6 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Agree and that is why I think he could stay. Well I would hope so anyway. The loyalty should come into play if only championship clubs are in for him. 

I think he wants to leave personally so loyalty won't really come into it. I think he would be prepared to move to a club in this division, but only one he thinks are better placed than we are for promotion - and that's if he doesn't get a Prem move.

I'm starting to think he may sign a new contract if no prem side comes in, I would hope he wouldn't run his down and leave on a free, maybe sign a new one with a gentlemans agreement that if a suitable bid came in from a team in a league above we'd let him go

I would rather keep him for the season and lose him for nothing than sell to Leeds or Boro. I don’t mind our home grown talent moving up the leagues to better themselves (not Cardiff though Joe yeh?) but seeing JB go to another Championship team gives the impression we are less likely to challenge than these other sides. That attitude doesn’t sit right with me

3 minutes ago, Dredd said:

I would rather keep him for the season and lose him for nothing than sell to Leeds or Boro. I don’t mind our home grown talent moving up the leagues to better themselves (not Cardiff though Joe yeh?) but seeing JB go to another Championship team gives the impression we are less likely to challenge than these other sides. That attitude doesn’t sit right with me

I understand completely however if the player feels he's gone a bit stale you can't blame him for seeking another challenge.

A Championship club needs all it's players totally committed to the cause or it sinks . 

The problem that our boys have is they are not at the level where the big six clubs would be interested that leaves fourteen, of those fourteen most will scour internationals for their squad or pick up experienced Prem players to try to ensure survival.

In reality their options are limited for Prem clubs and the competition is fierce.

They are unlikely to have been scouted by foreign clubs as we haven't a reputation overseas.

So that leaves, unfortunately, our competitors in the Championship who know our players and can offer them a good package and chance of promotion, glory .

We are progressing as a club but there is more status to be had playing for the likes of Leeds , Forest , Villa ...

That's life , We are where we are , except Aizoon who isn't sure where he is , and we do our best with what we have .

17 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

if he wants out then get it down quickly the last thing we need is a bid to come in near the deadline and it gives us no time to replace him. we do need to look at the right back situation ss well. 

we've already got a replacement, his name is Lloyd Kelly and he is an england under 20 international he broke into the first team last season

9 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

we've already got a replacement, his name is Lloyd Kelly and he is an england under 20 international he broke into the first team last season

We had right back at the start of last season and then he went and got himself injured and then for most of the season we tried to force fit square pegs into round holes.

We need another right back and another left back if Bryan leaves or else the same thing could happen.

of course perhaps the new signings could be heralding a change to 3-5-2.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think he wants to leave personally so loyalty won't really come into it. I think he would be prepared to move to a club in this division, but only one he thinks are better placed than we are for promotion - and that's if he doesn't get a Prem move.

I am not convinced many are better prepared than we are for a promotion push(minority I know). Maybe the relegated clubs from the prem I can excuse but Derby, Boro, Norwich etc would all be a gamble and similar odds in my mind of promotion

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

If we don't sign a right back and Joe is still here after the window, then I'd stick Joe right back. Same as Munro and Brennan, left footers playing right full back. Thought he was excellent on that side in a couple of games. Don't see the point in playing Joe left back, leaving out Kelly and then having Pisano or Wright right back, who are both not good enough for different reasons. Really hope he signs a deal soon.

Please don't put daft ideas into LJ's head, square pegs in round holes never worked for 5 months last season, as you are keen to point out in the case of Paterson and it never worked out in any way shape or form post 2017 at right back.

As keen as I am to see Joe sign a new deal, I am sure that Kelly will get plenty of game time but we desperately need another right back and have done for more than a year.

I know it's not necessarily JB or the club's fault that there is speculation about his future but am I alone in having reached the point where I just want him to either get on and leave or put out a statement saying he's staying put so we can move on either way? 

To be fair to him, his social media posts seem very positive and maybe he can't do any more than that but I feel it's becoming a bit of a saga...

I think we are lucky to have Kelly coming through. It make this situation a bit more bearable knowing that we can happily lose Bryan for the right price or he can stay if nobody comes in, we don't have to rush to get the money for him and to get him replaced like Reid. 

3 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

I think we are lucky to have Kelly coming through. It make this situation a bit more bearable knowing that we can happily lose Bryan for the right price or he can stay if nobody comes in, we don't have to rush to get the money for him and to get him replaced like Reid. 

I hope that he stays but only if he has agreed another long term contract. I don't want to endure the situation where he runs down his contract and leaves for nicks.

27 minutes ago, jay mizel said:

If we play 4-3-3 next season, Joe would be ideal to have on the left of the midfield three.

Got a feeling, if we go that way, that is where Callum O'Dowda will end up. Agree though about Joe Bryan, there was one game against Villa at home, not last season but season before, and he played there and was outstanding.

Archived