Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Joe Bryan - Signed for Fulham CONFIRMED


Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

 

I thought Matt Ritchie played wide on the right for Newcastle? Not sure that’s Joe Bryan’s strength? I may be incorrect though...

He’s left footed BS4 but you may be right about him playing RHS

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

 

I thought Matt Ritchie played wide on the right for Newcastle? Not sure that’s Joe Bryan’s strength? I may be incorrect though...

I reckon Joe would be good on the right cutting inside and shooting with that left foot. Pretty both footed as well so could cross with his right. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

I reckon Joe would be good on the right cutting inside and shooting with that left foot. Pretty both footed as well so could cross with his right. 

Nothing like playing someone completely out of position. Defenders will just keep him on his right...pretty obvious really.

Did you suggest that to LJ for Eliasson? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

 

I thought Matt Ritchie played wide on the right for Newcastle? Not sure that’s Joe Bryan’s strength? I may be incorrect though...

I only meant that he could be bought to fill a wing void if Ritchie went. Not really a direct replacement as the have Kenedy already there

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, core321 said:

Nothing like playing someone completely out of position. Defenders will just keep him on his right...pretty obvious really.

Did you suggest that to LJ for Eliasson? 

Yeah cuz no left midielder has ever been moved to the right have they. It's basically the same position in terms of what positions to take up. It's just the other side of the pitch. What is Joe's best position in your opinion?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WRERE said:

In the Sun today that Newcastle are poised to make a £6m bid for Bryan

Interesting since it has been reported that Ashley has told Rafa he has to sell before he can buy. In particular he is said to want some of their 5 keepers moved on. Any opportunity for us there?

Perhaps Mitrovic and Ritchie are about to leave.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

He hasn’t made it clear that he won’t sign a new deal...

He will sign a new deal if the money being offered was better. It is a short career. If  Joe leaves for a big club, well done, also shows others we are a great place to be for advancing your career. There are hundreds of youth players at Prem clubs that need to play football and are wasting their talent because they chose to go big too early. We should be delighted if players like Joe get sold for a few million and go to bigger clubs. It makes BCFC more attractive to new players. Well done Steve Cotterill for believing in Joe . I think he is a great player, and will only get better. 

  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Psychopomp said:

He will sign a new deal if the money being offered was better. It is a short career. If  Joe leaves for a big club, well done, also shows others we are a great place to be for advancing your career. There are hundreds of youth players at Prem clubs that need to play football and are wasting their talent because they chose to go big too early. We should be delighted if players like Joe get sold for a few million and go to bigger clubs. It makes BCFC more attractive to new players. Well done Steve Cotterill for believing in Joe . I think he is a great player, and will only get better. 

Yes, a point in our favour that is often missed and that can only help in recruitment to the Academy and beyond.

Steve did indeed believe in Joe, and so has Lee, against the wishes of many fans.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nixon reporting the interest along with the money problems at Newcastle. Apparently Ashley is trying to sway Benitez with 100m over 3 years if Rafa signs a new 3 year deal. So guess if Rafa extends his contract Joe could be gone but until then it is a waiting game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Nixon reporting the interest along with the money problems at Newcastle. Apparently Ashley is trying to sway Benitez with 100m over 3 years if Rafa signs a new 3 year deal. So guess if Rafa extends his contract Joe could be gone but until then it is a waiting game. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jul/20/newcastle-impasse-benitez-ashley-waiting-game-signings

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Interesting since it has been reported that Ashley has told Rafa he has to sell before he can buy. In particular he is said to want some of their 5 keepers moved on. Any opportunity for us there?

Perhaps Mitrovic and Ritchie are about to leave.

I know swap deals aren’t in vogue these days but both Karl Darlow & Rob Elliott are behind the Slovakian keeper they have just brought in, plus they have the promising Woodman and a Belgian international keeper (Sels, that one didn’t work out) too.

Wonder if we could get one of them either as part of the deal or on a season long loan?

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, core321 said:

Nothing like playing someone completely out of position. Defenders will just keep him on his right...pretty obvious really.

Did you suggest that to LJ for Eliasson? 

Apart from the fact that JB’s about the most two footed player you’re likely to see, he didn’t look out of place at all when he covered at right back for a couple of games.

There’s a video knocking about somewhere showing a lot of his goals and it pretty much goes left foot, right foot, header, left foot, right foot, header the whole way through.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ohbasso said:

Apart from the fact that JB’s about the most two footed player you’re likely to see, he didn’t look out of place at all when he covered at right back for a couple of games.

There’s a video knocking about somewhere showing a lot of his goals and it pretty much goes left foot, right foot, header, left foot, right foot, header the whole way through.

Wasn't there a stat which showed that JB scored 10? career goals before he scored with his favoured left foot?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • TomF changed the title to Joe Bryan

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...