IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Fulham CONFIRMED

Whites

24 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Real shame we never saw the best of joe in a whole season. First half he was brilliant. Don't think he was awful second half, especially when you think we were overrun in many games, plus he had Pato in front not helping out well enough. But he certainly was not the same player in our bad run. I always thought he would have been most dangerous left of a midfeld 3. Imagine how many goals he would get in that role.

I think we did, when we won the double, culminating in that fantastic strike against Swindon that raised the roof.

What a night.

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

He hasn't though has he ? 

He's deleted a lot of tweets. Only on 242 now - most historic being 2017. He was on twitter years before then. Probably not City related, just a clean up to be more 'marketable'.

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Sorry but what is the nonsense about “he’s removed all City stuff from his account”???....

EC079ADE-9632-44BF-9217-98F428801C5C.jpeg

He's deleted a lot of tweets. Only on 242 now - most historic being 2017. He was on twitter years before then. Probably not City related, just a clean up to be more 'marketable'.

48 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

It wouldn`t surprise me TBH. If we can/are paying him what he wants where else could he go where he is hero-worshipped like he is here?

I don`t think he ever really wanted to leave last summer either.

He could have gone if he wanted.

57 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Can see Joe going. Probably Bournemouth but possibly Wolves.

Cardiff will try but not meet our valuation.

Flint and Pack will stay. Bids will be made but not up to our valuations.

Bob is the one I'm most unsure and worried about. 1 year left and his stock has gone through the roof recently. Only way I can see him staying is if we offer him mega bucks now £25k a week has been freed up thanks to O'Neil going.

We still need to pay those wages to a new signing, a leader. One that’s available for selection.

9 minutes ago, devoncider said:

Or....just a cleanup

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Can see Joe going. Probably Bournemouth but possibly Wolves.

Cardiff will try but not meet our valuation.

Flint and Pack will stay. Bids will be made but not up to our valuations.

Bob is the one I'm most unsure and worried about. 1 year left and his stock has gone through the roof recently. Only way I can see him staying is if we offer him mega bucks now £25k a week has been freed up thanks to O'Neil going.

Burnley 

• Admin
53 minutes ago, devoncider said:

I doubt he needs to be marketable, if he’s going, I bet the deal is all but signed, many of these summer moves are set up months in advance.

• Admin
Just now, CotswoldRed said:

Great player for us, but I think he'd be pulled to pieces over a season in the Prem. The way he was pulled to pieces against Sunderland tells me he might struggle. 

If the post above yours were to be true...... he wouldn’t have to worry about the Prem!

24 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Strikes me that Joe Bryan simply isn’t a lover of the game. Often his heart just isn’t in it. Can see him going the way of David Bentley and quietly dropping out of football early on his own terms. 

He’s spoken 

2 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Played the last couple of months like he doesn't want to be here.

I genuinely don't think he has been happy since January. 

In fact...I would go as far as to say I reckon all 4 of the 'good friends' want out. Bryan, Flint, Pack and Reid 

Quite!

The worst thing about JB moving on, for me, will be that the lad will go to a club that will play him further forward, left side of midfield/WB/or where I think he will flourish in the middle of the park. 

Would have loved to seen Joe play more in midfield for us. 

He has the athleticism and technique to be a really good midfielder.

To be fair, of the four mooted departures Bryan is the one i’m least worried by. Few reasons for that:

- We should get a decent wedge

- We seem determined to play him in a position (LB) where he’s 50% of the player he is at LM

- We’ve got Kelly to come in at LB

Ultimately this is how our strategy works. Based on JB form (and I stress, not in what is his best position but what appears to be the position we seem hell bent on playing him) it’d have been a close run thing between him, Mags and Kelly at LB at the back end of last year. On that basis, it’s the least severe loss and may even improve us

54 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

To be fair, of the four mooted departures Bryan is the one i’m least worried by. Few reasons for that:

- We should get a decent wedge

- We seem determined to play him in a position (LB) where he’s 50% of the player he is at LM

- We’ve got Kelly to come in at LB

Ultimately this is how our strategy works. Based on JB form (and I stress, not in what is his best position but what appears to be the position we seem hell bent on playing him) it’d have been a close run thing between him, Mags and Kelly at LB at the back end of last year. On that basis, it’s the least severe loss and may even improve us

Perhaps he see himself at LM and playing him at LB has helped make his mind up. 

I really see this window much like when we were relegated and we lost players who you thought would be here forever as they are homegrown. We lost Skuse then and a lot of his team mates, they wanted to stay in the Championship despite being part of the team which couldn’t keep us there. This time we have players wanting the Premiership who somehow ran out of steam and desire to do the job and get their club promoted. Like the relegation team the players will get what they want and will leave us richer only financially. 

4 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Real shame we never saw the best of joe in a whole season....

4 hours ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

I think we did, when we won the double, culminating in that fantastic strike against Swindon that raised the roof.

What a night.

I agree....didn’t he play around 50 games in that season scoring 7 goals? He was on fire under Cotts....albeit in league one...

1 hour ago, YorkshireSection said:

The worst thing about JB moving on, for me, will be that the lad will go to a club that will play him further forward, left side of midfield/WB/or where I think he will flourish in the middle of the park. 

Would have loved to seen Joe play more in midfield for us. 

He has the athleticism and technique to be a really good midfielder.

Didn’t he play a game or two in centre mid under Cotts and looked very comfortable and effective? 

3 hours ago, devoncider said:

luckily his Instagram remains relatively untouched

He must’ve been pretty bored earlier as he live streamed on aforementioned social media application former forum favourite (well, in one person’s eyes anyway) Wes Burns getting his hair cut on North St earlier.  At one point it was even a dual broadcast with Jamal Ford-Robinson (erstwhile of Bristol Rugby).  

3 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

Strikes me that Joe Bryan simply isn’t a lover of the game. Often his heart just isn’t in it. Can see him going the way of David Bentley and quietly dropping out of football early on his own terms. 

I’ve said this for a year or two now. Sometimes he looks like he doesn’t necessarily want to be a footballer. Almost like his heart’s not in it a lot of the time - with the obvious caveat that when he decides he fancies it (á la Man Utd to name an obvious example) he can actually be an absolutely fantastic player. Maybe a big money move would actually benefit him in terms of the financials and allow him to retire from the game in a few years and do something he’s actually interested in. 

Archived