Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Joe Bryan - Signed for Fulham CONFIRMED

9 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Two big players down. Not good for them. Fans wont be happy.

Pretty sure they bought Flint expecting that one to happen, as Ayala is pretty strong at our level, but just realised they sold Patrick Bamford earlier this week, too, definitely expect them to be very active next week..

All this debate about Joe possibly running down his contract and how much it may cost us, which I can understand.

It seems to be going under the radar that Korey Smith and COD are also out of contract next summer.

Both are probably worth a bit and with Callum being one we bought for a reasonable fee, hoping to increase his value. 

Hope we aren't in a position come Jan where all three could be worth very little. MA needs to get his ass in gear.

• Like 1
On 23/07/2018 at 13:43, Woodsy said:

I don't think you will find a more down to earth footballer

All the work he does for CHSW, paying for treatment for the local lad who got a badly broken leg last year, and I'm sure there are more that don't come to the public's attention. But, yeah. What a ***** Joe Bryan comes across as

Christ sorry if I offended you precious.

I don’t dispute what JB has done off the field & in the local community. It’s clearly very admirable. 

I’m not basing my comments on him off the field, I don’t know the bloke. Ultimately, I’m only interested what he does on the pitch.

To me he struts around on the pitch like he’s big time, his body language indicates to me he comes across like he’s ‘made it’ or thinks he’s above it. He has a swagger and to me he regularly plays within himself. Just my opinion. He has all the attributes to succeed at the very top level but at City I genuinely believe he has become big time & thinks he’s a big fish in a small pond.

He needs to leave to test himself, be put out of his comfort zone & get some hunger back. He has become very complacent for me. Shown today as he was shocking. 

This wasn’t a personal attack on Joe Bryan the person. Clearly King Joe is above criticism as he’s one of our own, but I feel as though in football terms he needs taking down a peg or two to make him succeed at the top level.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Taylor10 said:

Christ sorry if I offended you precious.

I don’t dispute what JB has done off the field & in the local community. It’s clearly very admirable. 

I’m not basing my comments on him off the field, I don’t know the bloke. Ultimately, I’m only interested what he does on the pitch.

To me he struts around on the pitch like he’s big time, his body language indicates to me he comes across like he’s ‘made it’ or thinks he’s above it. He has a swagger and to me he regularly plays within himself. Just my opinion. He has all the attributes to succeed at the very top level but at City I genuinely believe he has become big time & thinks he’s a big fish in a small pond.

He needs to leave to test himself, be put out of his comfort zone & get some hunger back. He has become very complacent for me. Shown today as he was shocking. 

This wasn’t a personal attack on Joe Bryan the person. Clearly King Joe is above criticism as he’s one of our own, but I feel as though in football terms he needs taking down a peg or two to make him succeed at the top level.

10 minutes ago, Taylor10 said:

This wasn’t a personal attack on Joe Bryan the person. Clearly King Joe 

It clearly was.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
24 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

It clearly was.

I think 'king joe' is reference to his reverence on here. 

I agree with @Taylor10, he does seem to be going through the motions at times and I recognise the air of complacency. 

For me, it does seem in both parties' interest he leaves. He is capable of so much better than what he's produced over the last 6 months, and I think it's going to take a move for him to kick on. Reminds me of the Skuse situation to be honest. 

We persevere because we know what he can produce, but I say give Kelly a go now. He won't be such a downgrade. 

I don't doubt Joe will be a much better player at a new club than what we are seeing. But for all the trying, I just don't think he's going to produce it here anymore as he is too comfortable. I also think he needs to be realistic in that he's still a championship player; for now. 

£4-5m and a sell on would be about right.

Edited by Guest
10 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Thanks

Thought Id missed a signing !!!!

:laughcont:

so the post from Fotbob or whatever it is is merely about injuries

Nothing to see there then

FotMob covers all divisions & in depth info on clubs. My screen shot of the teams lineup was premature & only showed injured or unavailable players. Though the info on Joe turned out to be a bit of a distraction.

I've found FotMob to be very good.

• Like 1
On 03/08/2018 at 18:45, GrahamC said:

Looks like Boro are getting £33m in today, Ben Gibson to Burnley for £15m & Adama Traore to Wolves for £18m.

Would not be at all surprised if we get a bid from them next week..

£18m for a glorified sprinter with little end product? The worlds gone mad I tell you!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

£18m for a glorified sprinter with little end product? The worlds gone mad I tell you!

£25m for Pogba's agent proved it.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Selred said:

DERBY. Trying to offer Forsyth in swap for Bryan. Plus cash.

Alan Nixon

Is Forsyth any good?

According to wiki he is a 29yo LCB/LB. Sounds like someone they want to offload and upgrade with JB. So can't see any appeal to us. Don't know much about him though.

Edited by robin_unreliant
36 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Is Forsyth any good?

According to wiki he is a 29yo LCB/LB. Sounds like someone they want to offload and upgrade with JB. So can't see any appeal to us. Don't know much about him though.

What wiki page you on mate?

According to my wiki he’s a recently departed entertainer famous for hosting shows such as Strictly Come Dancing and The Generation Game. 

Doesnt sound like he will fit our pillars!

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

Is Forsyth any good?

He’s pretty good, just had a couple of serious injuries over the last few years. Might actually make us a bit tighter defensively overall but he’s not as attacking as Bryan.

Him + a few million might not actually be a terrible deal overall.

Edited by Phileas Fogg
36 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Must not sell to a Championship club at all costs IMO.

Doubly so with the window closing Thursday. PL, foreign club or nothing tbh. Selling Flint to Boro was bad enough.

It is said that he only wants to leave for a PL club. We'll see, but if one doesn't come in for him it may tell us, and him, something about how he is rated in the wider game.

• Like 1

Literally every derby fan is saying they’d drive him here themselves. Now I know we shouldn’t judge a player before he plays but it’s hardly the sort of rep you want for a player. They’ll be getting the better deal, not us. 

• TomF changed the title to Joe Bryan