IGNORED

Joe Bryan - Signed for Fulham CONFIRMED

Whites

9 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

2 things

joe wanted to play in the prem

villa’s stance with gerlish put him off the move 

Quite. Contrast how we kept our promises to players that they could go if we got acceptable bids to Villa reneging on the same promise to Grealish.

Add to that their relaxed attitude to paying their bills and you get a club not to be trusted.

What I can't understand is why we accepted bids of deals worth up to £6m from three clubs, I thought Ashton was some negotiations guru, I mean surely he should have orchestrated a bidding war !  He could have even gone back to Villa last night and said, Fulham offering 6m, 7m and we knock them back, and don't tell Joe.  

34 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

This is madness , couldn't Fulham just have asked Villa for the results of the one Joe took up there .

:yes:

Good point but it’s in a foreign language which many people don’t understand - ‘brummie’ .. probably be quicker to fly him round the world before a translator could figure out what had been said .. 

also would you trust their findings ?!?! 

10 hours ago, downendcity said:

From their forum thread about Joe Bryan's transfer and news that Fulham might be hijacking the deal.

Why are Bristol City fans thinking they are on the same level as us in terms of club is the main question in all this, whether he joins or not Bristol City fans seem to be celebrating it like it’s their cup final strangely enough. We may be in the same league but that’s about where it ends.

They really are absolutely obsessed about everyone thinking they’re a big club. 

What has club size got to do with us finding this funny anyway? It doesn’t even cross their minds that it’s because everyone hates the arrogant *******, who think that there’s no such thing as football beyond the arsehole of the country that is Birmingham. 

On another note, I wonder if Bobby is looking on a trifle enviously and regretting jumping at the first offer? All anti-Cardiff sentiments aside, I think Fulham is a considerably better move for any young talent than Cardiff. 

8 minutes ago, city123456 said:

What I can't understand is why we accepted bids of deals worth up to £6m from three clubs, I thought Ashton was some negotiations guru, I mean surely he should have orchestrated a bidding war !  He could have even gone back to Villa last night and said, Fulham offering 6m, 7m and we knock them back, and don't tell Joe.  

Maybe you could lend him some advice, Katch? 

I think what Villa fans fail to realise is, it's not that we don't want him signing for Villa, it's that it's frustrating seeing our best players signing for other teams in the same league. We're delighted Fulham are signing him as it means he's not playing for one of our rivals, it's not about it being Villa. 

1 minute ago, city123456 said:

I think what Villa fans fail to realise is, it's not that we don't want him signing for Villa, it's that it's frustrating seeing our best players signing for other teams in the same league. We're delighted Fulham are signing him as it means he's not playing for one of our rivals, it's not about it being Villa. 

Oh it definitely is :laughcont: 

Realise you’re going to be spending everyday on the training ground with Hutton, Elphick and Lansbury...

OR...

Realise you can swap this (even at the 11th hour) to be spending time on the training ground everyday with young highly rated, & potential England internationals in Mawson, Sessegnon and Cairney.

Fair play Joe Bryan. ?

2 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Realise you’re going to be spending everyday on the training ground with Hutton, Elphick and Lansbury...

OR...

Realise you can swap this (even at the 11th hour) to be spending time on the training ground everyday with young highly rated, & potential England internationals in Mawson, Sessegnon and Cairney.

Fair play Joe Bryan. ?

Cairney plays for Scotland.

2 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

OR...

Fair play Joe Bryan. ?

..and living in Chelsea/Fulham or Birmingham

10 hours ago, downendcity said:

From their forum thread about Joe Bryan's transfer and news that Fulham might be hijacking the deal.

Why are Bristol City fans thinking they are on the same level as us in terms of club is the main question in all this, whether he joins or not Bristol City fans seem to be celebrating it like it’s their cup final strangely enough. We may be in the same league but that’s about where it ends.

I'm perfectly happy if everyone connected with Aston Villa (owner, manager, players and fans) carries on with this totally arrogant thinking - we're on the same level as them because we play in same division - as do teams like rotherham, wigan, brentford and all the other "small" clubs their terribly self obsessed fans seem to think are below them.

It is precisely that sort of thinking from any so called "big" club that keeps teams like that in the championship. With that kind of attitude they are well on the way to becoming the next Leeds.

9 minutes ago, cheshire_red said:

Yes Cairney does play for Scotland and did through age groups even though being born in Nottingham. Hopefully he can persuade Joe to wear the tartan and gain an international career.

No point as they have Robertson and Douglas. Better chance with England you’d think ? 

1 minute ago, cityal said:

I'm perfectly happy if everyone connected with Aston Villa (owner, manager, players and fans) carries on with this totally arrogant thinking - we're on the same level as them because we play in same division - as do teams like rotherham, wigan, brentford and all the other "small" clubs their terribly self obsessed fans seem to think are below them.

It is precisely that sort of thinking from any so called "big" club that keeps teams like that in the championship. With that kind of attitude they are well on the way to becoming the next Leeds.

Besides, that poster said it was “the MAIN point in all this”. No. The MAIN point in all this is that Villa have lost out to Fulham AGAIN. The main point in all this is that, for Villa, for the second time in a few months, it is a case of “It could’ve been me”. 

2 minutes ago, Lord Northski said:

+ Anyone know if it’s too late to sell Aden Flint to a Premiership Club too ?

Depends whether we have surrendered his registration yet ?

24 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

They really are absolutely obsessed about everyone thinking they’re a big club. 

What has club size got to do with us finding this funny anyway? It doesn’t even cross their minds that it’s because everyone hates the arrogant *******, who think that there’s no such thing as football beyond the arsehole of the country that is Birmingham. 

On another note, I wonder if Bobby is looking on a trifle enviously and regretting jumping at the first offer? All anti-Cardiff sentiments aside, I think Fulham is a considerably better move for any young talent than Cardiff. 

Better club for youth, but not so sure he'd have been a regular starter at Fulham tbh. Looking at some of the players they have, plus have signed...

Archived