Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Joe Bryan - Signed for Fulham CONFIRMED

If this goes through JB leaves a legend in my eyes. A bit sad? No because it is very sad but think we should all take this as a win. Seriously, Villa fans can be unbearable and they just seem to be making a farce of FFP. Can’t say I have much love for Villa. 

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Salty bunch aren’t they . **** off villa 

Can't stand the arrogant w ankers. Still living of past glories. Same goes for Derby, Forest, Boro, can't ******* stand any of them.

• Like 6

Live by the sword, die by the sword:

Jack Grealish appears unlikely to be allowed to leave Aston Villa this month after the club’s new owners backed out of a deal despite Tottenham having agreed to pay £25m for the England Under-21 international.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/08/jack-grealish-tottenham-aston-villa-reject-bid

• Like 2
1 minute ago, lenred said:

Beautiful. I’ve stood up for them as a club recently but crap like this makes me chuckle. A lot. 

Earlier in the summer when Xia sold half the club to the new joint owners to stave off administration, I went on their forum for a read.

Bearing in mind the dire predicament they had been in ( the verge of administration) while a few fans understood the financial reality they were facing, the level of arrogance from some was unbelievable. Definitely an air of securing promotion to the rightful place in the premier league, and suggestions they would have to see Grealish and buy more "realistic players, were met with derision from many. When it came to the issue of possible breach of ffp, one poster suggested that ffp was only introduced to protect the status of the "big" clubs and prevent upstart clubs with wealthy owners from buying their way to the top.

There is no doubt they have an illustrious history - in my lifetime they've won league titles, FA and European Cups - however just now they are in championship with us. Clubs like Villa do seem to feel a sense of entitlement, because of their history,  and feel that this justifies the putting "lesser" clubs like us firmly in their place.

• Like 4

Love it,  arrogant tossers lose out, had one tell me a while back that they could take who they want from our club because of who they were in the footballing heirachy, guess he didn't realise that depended on wether a player actually wanted to sign for them or was just waiting for a better offer.

It is odd, considering we've never had any real kind of rivalry with Villa, this really does soften the blow of losing Bryan. I don't feel half as gutted now, and it has no logic to it whatsoever.

1 minute ago, Lord Northski said:

Funniest thing that’s happened in the transfer window for us in years. 

In about a year and a half maybe...

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Lord Northski said:

Funniest thing that’s happened in the transfer window for us in years. 

Other than when Odemwinge drove to QPR to secure his transfer but it never happened.

10 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Can't stand the arrogant w ankers. Still living of past glories. Same goes for Derby, Forest, Boro, can't ******* stand any of them.

Perhaps we need to start living off our past glories.

Where's Aizoon with his memories of our FA Cup final appearance?  :)