IGNORED

Why we should all be concerned about what’s happening off the pitch

Ron W

17 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I don’t think my posts are vague, but that’s your opinion - perhaps it’s your understanding, given you’ve dived into a part of the thread that you weren’t initially involved in. 

My main point was in reference to a comment by NickJ “don't suppose the days of the 50's (before my time) will ever return where the players travelled to games on the bus with the fans, but nevertheless it wasn't so long ago where for example many of the players went into theSupporters Club after each game and had a pint and a chat with the fans, just for the enjoyment of it”

I said that was a notion at least 20 years old in all but a very few cases.

Your spiel about monetisation of player interaction, I’ve already taken the time to address that point back in post #83 - if you’d taken the time to read it.

I did read post 83. Which is why I provided another example using the interaction between a charity and another charity/community based groups. 

I think the theme we are seeing where everybody is being targeted be they the disabled, cash strapped schools or junior football clubs is unhealthy. 

14 hours ago, SecretSam said:

Welcome back. 

Frankly, I think it's a bit insulting to talk about new fans like that. I am by no means a regular any more, I struggle to recognise players.  But does that mean my money's no good?

Where's the insult, Sam? I like a good Oxford shirt myself. The issue is when high-ranking members of camera-facing staff struggle to recognise the players too. Because you'd hope they are regular.

4 hours ago, Cowshed said:

I did read post 83. Which is why I provided another example using the interaction between a charity and another charity/community based groups. 

I think the theme we are seeing where everybody is being targeted be they the disabled, cash strapped schools or junior football clubs is unhealthy. 

As you’ve already said....we’re heading to going round in circles time and that doesn’t make good reading for everyone else.

I think ‘targeted’ is a strong word and there is a lot of generalisation of a lot of grey areas going on IMO. 

Yes we know that the community trust grades it’s packages by price - is that targeting poor schools? I’d say no. Are BCFC obliged to pay for things that the school, parents or even government won’t pay for? Grey area.

How many sessions do they “give away” for free? Who pays for the community trust? How does the charity fund itself? What do other community trusts charge? A quick search (literally the first and only teams I googled) finds Forest and Wednesday charging £15 a day or £30 for a weekend, for a similar youth football experience.

So as I say, in terms of the community trust, grey areas and nothing you’ve said other than broad brush stroke comments based on your opinion add much light to these grey areas. 

17 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I never realised he`d fallen out with Terry. You live and learn.

I believe I'm right in saying they merely passed like ships in the night/along the M4, Kevin going east, Boil west. @GrahamC will confirm or correct this for us?

2 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

I believe I'm right in saying they merely passed like ships in the night/along the M4, Kevin going east, Boil west. @GrahamC will confirm or correct this for us?

Boyle plus £100k for Mabbutt if I remember correctly, Mr. H.

So should I be angry at City not spending enough money in January to get to the riches of The Premier League  or angry that they are being run like a business and are trying to generate more income in order to spend more money to get to the riches of the Premier League. It’s all so confusing 

• Admin
12 hours ago, Big C said:

So should I be angry at City not spending enough money in January to get to the riches of The Premier League  or angry that they are being run like a business and are trying to generate more income in order to spend more money to get to the riches of the Premier League. It’s all so confusing 

Depends if you judge the success of the Football Club by the finishing position or the number of ££ made from their "Customers"

On 23/05/2018 at 10:31, phantom said:

Depends if you judge the success of the Football Club by the finishing position or the number of ££ made from their "Customers"

Or if you think you can only have one and not both. I don't know why the internet is so binary.

2 hours ago, RonWalker said:

Or if you think you can only have one and not both. I don't know why the internet is so binary.

Cos the internet is binary. It's all hosted on servers and networking kit :p

On 22/05/2018 at 10:40, Cowshed said:

I have not read this thread in its entirety, so may well be speaking out of turn.

If the highlighted section of your post is correct, however, we are on a slippery slope.

On ‎21‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 16:45, Jack Dawe said:

Thinking about it now, there was a lot of "commercial" carry-on at AG back in the 70s, and attempts to raise funds, with ladies jigging about in their knickers and chimpanzee tea parties and police dog displays and cars crawling around the perimeter of the pitch. All sorts of nonsense. Presumably, some old buffers back then despaired of it all, while I was 11 years old and thought nothing of it. It was normal. Didn't know any different. Much like the 11 year olds at AG now, I'd imagine.

The-Robin-Rockin-Robins.jpg.a40418dd77ecd9b3e963742a99a886bf.jpg

No wonder Kevin Mabbutt went off the boyle, mind. He's trying to be a footballer and score goals and there's a gaggle of bloody girls stood about in their pants! Ffs. Imagine us at work trying to get stuff done and there's birds stood about in their smalls. 

At least at Palace, they buy their cheerladies some small skirts. Ridiculous though, in 2018. 

PS. My fave's the third from the right.

wasn't this around the time the Nolan sisters appeared?   and 3rd right, good choice. they came out like that when it wasn't too warm aswell iirc?

4 hours ago, Badger08 said:

This is awkward.

If Lancer Scott were 2yrs into a 4yr deal you’d imagine that any compensation will effectively pay for the first 2yrs, meaning it was free. Happy days. It says they’re City fans so they’d presumably be happy to acquiesce, get their money back with some gooodwill from the club to be called in at some point in the future. 

Archived