IGNORED

Best loan signings

10 minutes ago, Whites said:

Cole, Caulker and Tammy best I've seen. 

A single performance that always stands out for me though is Adebola against Wolves. Rain coming down sideways and he came off the bench to change the game. 

He was permanent. Was getting on but done a great job for us whilst he was here, should of scored in THAT final though.

9 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

He was permanent. Was getting on but done a great job for us whilst he was here, should of scored in THAT final though.

Yep. Getting my names mixed up! Was thinking of Iwelumo, who was on loan. Idiot :blink:

Tammy without a question.

Some other good names already stated but Chris Wood did OK, Neil Danns would have more noteworthy had he not been with us in struggling times and Nyron Nos did what was required.

For us oldies, Ernie Hunt (was initially on loan before signing permanently) anyone remember Les Wilson ? (again loan from Wolves ? then permanent)

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

How did he save our ass mate? I thought he was on loan to us around the time of our two 3rd place finishes under Danny Wilson? I could be incorrect....

You’re right.

We were chasing the playoffs when Robins played for us.

He scored something like 5 in 7 games, Rotherham suddenly hiked the price up if we wanted him permanently, we wouldn’t pay it, so he went back.

No “saving our ass” about it..

13 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

To be honest neither do I but after his comments after the forest game I thought well why not . To be fair to him he found it funny but deleted his reply after I’d read it . Which to be fair was just a little dig back . It’s just a laugh really . If you follow peter crouch he’s mint . Plenty take it too far which is sad but I’ve never taken myself too seriously so laugh about it . 

Crouch is so good on Twitter.

If any of you have followed Boring James Milner....the real one is now on there, and does a parody of the parody.  Quite funny.

15 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

Robert Fleck had a good spell for us on loan from Chelsea.

Remember watching Fleck,  played up front with the chief if memory serves. He made so many good runs off the ball, that teammates didn't see or were uncapable of threading through a pass.

Anyone remember a CB called Ireland that we got on loan from either Posh or Cobblers? He sticks in my memory as he was the first player I`d seen play for City who`s surname began with `I` (that letter was the only one I needed for a full set, I`m a hoot on long car journeys as I am sure you can tell) - it was before Iwulemo.

14 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Anyone remember a CB called Ireland that we got on loan from either Posh or Cobblers? He sticks in my memory as he was the first player I`d seen play for City who`s surname began with `I` (that letter was the only one I needed for a full set, I`m a hoot on long car journeys as I am sure you can tell) - it was before Iwulemo.

Craig ? Ireland ?

Peterborough I think 

Not read the thread so ignore my repetitions.

Good loans at City, oxymoron (that is not a layer FYI). 

Oh Mark Robins was good, yeah Fleck I liked. Actually I think our problems used to start after a good loan , it was when we signed them, then they were shit. At least with shit loans it saves us in the long run.

Fifty years ago(ish). Alan Dicks loaned Brian Hill & Les Wilson. One was a defender, the other a midfielder and they helped City avoid relegation. Instead of congratulating Alan Dicks on his astuteness, i remember the EP printed an editorial stating that AD had used the system to gain an unfair advantage over City's relegation rivals. :grr:

Cole was superb and always destined for bigger things as was Tammy.

Tubby and Dinning were very good on loan but spoilt it when they signed permanently and turned to shit.

Blackmore, Robbins and Fleck were also very good but Howells was different class.

What a player he must have been in his younger days! 

Archived