IGNORED

Best loan signings

On 18/05/2018 at 20:40, steviestevieneville said:

Genuinely . He said yes that’s me celebrating promotion but you wouldn’t know about that. Before I could reply he’d deleted his tweet . It’s only a bit of fun tomo I replied :laughcont:

He still has me on block 

very sensitive 

20 hours ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Steve Galliers.. what a debut. Joe Jordan subbed him at Half Time before he broke everyones legs. He'd never get away with it these days!! Only about 5 foot 3 and 10 stone soaking wet... but opponents knew every last piece of him. No fear!!!!

I considered him. Ten stone? More like eight but a hard little bastard. Couldn't pass or shoot, mind

20 hours ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Steve Galliers.. what a debut. Joe Jordan subbed him at Half Time before he broke everyones legs. He'd never get away with it these days!! Only about 5 foot 3 and 10 stone soaking wet... but opponents knew every last piece of him. No fear!!!!

5 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

I considered him. Ten stone? More like eight but a hard little bastard. Couldn't pass or shoot, mind

I never rated him.  Never really saw that hard image everyone refers to....I wasn’t a regular in those days.  

31 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Loan initially

Didn't know that. In which case: Cole. Remember watching him and thinking "fark me, he's special"

Harking back to the thread about the horror of us being more business like and commercially savvy, we sold him for a song and didn't include a sell-on. Sums up "the good old days", when we were run by incompetents.

6 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Didn't know that. In which case: Cole. Remember watching him and thinking "fark me, he's special"

Harking back to the thread about the horror of us being more business like and commercially savvy, we sold him for a song and didn't include a sell-on. Sums up "the goid old days", when we were run by incompetents.

Agree

Head n shoulders above others on pitch

Was amazed we got him after his performances in his loan spell here

21 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Was amazed we got him after his performances in his loan spell here

£500k wasn’t it, he’ll of a lot of money for us then. He already had a bit of a reputation for being an awkward character, I think we got lucky. I’ve just read Peter Reid’s biography, he said he looked into buying him from us and was warned off. I think some people had already made up their mind, and regretted it after. 

I remember Paul Allen having a decent loan spell with us under John Ward. Spoke to him at a Spurs game a few years back and he said a lot of positive things about the club. But was gutted his loan spell ended just before a Bristol derby!

Archived