IGNORED

Treatment of disabled fans

Wrongagain

The price hikes for season tickets, young people and disabled has also spread to parking charges for on site parking.

Bristol city have stated that concessions for disabled fans are being removed Over 3 seasons - in response to accusations of discrimination they have come up with the following 

The way that we have operated our pricing structure previously has actually been positively discriminating towards non-disabled fans and it's only right that we rectify this.”

So fans in wheelchairs or unable to walk without difficulty have been given an unfair advantage, to the detriment of able bodied fans - am I stupid or is this corporate drivel?

Prior to the demolition of the Williams stand I was parking alongside Oscar, only this season past did I get a space on site again.

But how long did it take Our club to find a way to extract more cash, as a disabled pensioner I got hit by my season ticket price rise, my 15 yo grandson was hit by a 100% hike (which I pay), he is a non earner, of course! And now I get a phone call telling me my parking will cost an extra £50 this year, rising again for the next 2 years. 

Bristol sport cry positive discrimination! Give me a break it’s pay up some more or watch football on tv! And why? Because you are unlucky enough not to able bodied! Perhaps I should also add that I am an ex serviceman - no I don’t dwell on any of it - but don’t shoot me me in the ar$e and blame it on positive discrimination!

Unfortunately, the suits earn a fortune and believe that fifty quid, or a couple of hundred quid is small change.

They probably believe that a more wealthy person with mobility problems can take your place.

I would imagine @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO has been privy to these conversations and has implemented a strategy to ensure that disabled supporters can be dropped off, in receipt of care and helped until their carer can park offsite and then trek back to the drop off point so that they can enjoy their day out. Likewise, I am sure they have a post game plan as well......

£204 quid which includes the year 3 15% off....otherwise it would be £240.  Up from £150.

Next year (if they don’t increase prices again), it will will £216 (10%), the year after £228 (5%).

I even email the club when I can’t make it so they can reallocate it to someone who needs it.  I suspect they sell it rather than give it away.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

£204 quid which includes the year 3 15% off....otherwise it would be £240.  Up from £150.

Next year (if they don’t increase prices again), it will will £216 (10%), the year after £228 (5%).

I even email the club when I can’t make it so they can reallocate it to someone who needs it.  I suspect they sell it rather than give it away.

So not including cup games that works out just short of £9 per game, for what 2/3hrs?

Shocking.

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

How much is it for non-disabled supporters to park in same area (If they can ?) Dave

(Excuse my ignorance - don’t know The set up)

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

How much is it for non-disabled supporters to park in same area (If they can ?) Dave

(Excuse my ignorance - don’t know The set up)

I think it’s £240 but stress the “think”

have a look at the parked motors next season, you will see that most are high price top gear motors, but gone by the final whistle!

Thats what BCFC want, not everyday fans involving history and players

1 hour ago, dave36 said:

The price hikes for season tickets, young people and disabled has also spread to parking charges for on site parking.

Bristol city have stated that concessions for disabled fans are being removed Over 3 seasons - in response to accusations of discrimination they have come up with the following 

The way that we have operated our pricing structure previously has actually been positively discriminating towards non-disabled fans and it's only right that we rectify this.”

So fans in wheelchairs or unable to walk without difficulty have been given an unfair advantage, to the detriment of able bodied fans - am I stupid or is this corporate drivel?

Prior to the demolition of the Williams stand I was parking alongside Oscar, only this season past did I get a space on site again.

But how long did it take Our club to find a way to extract more cash, as a disabled pensioner I got hit by my season ticket price rise, my 15 yo grandson was hit by a 100% hike (which I pay), he is a non earner, of course! And now I get a phone call telling me my parking will cost an extra £50 this year, rising again for the next 2 years. 

Bristol sport cry positive discrimination! Give me a break it’s pay up some more or watch football on tv! And why? Because you are unlucky enough not to able bodied! Perhaps I should also add that I am an ex serviceman - no I don’t dwell on any of it - but don’t shoot me me in the ar$e and blame it on positive discrimination!

This is absolute b o l loc k s and I would think they are breaking the law. How many physically able fans would complain about someone less able than themselves getting cheaper tickets?  

18 minutes ago, dave36 said:

I think it’s £240 but stress the “think”

have a look at the parked motors next season, you will see that most are high price top gear motors, but gone by the final whistle!

Thats what BCFC want, not everyday fans involving history and players

Thanks

The only reason I ask is I think the Club have little choice but to charge the same for disabled or non disabled , otherwise they leave themselves completely open to being sued for discrimination either way

Seems a lot of £ whoever it is

BCFC are ignorant *****. 

Its clearly OK, in their minds, for them to offer discounts based on age but not disability. 

Are they trying to be deliberately offensive and ignorant or does it come completely naturally? 

They clearly have no understanding of life outside of their ivory towers. I already knew this to be fair as SL deems that UK income tax is for other people, self-determining that tax should have a personal ceiling amount rather than being a fair proportion of income. The "I've paid enough, I'm off" approach to living in a civilised society. 

I'm sure it makes him happy at a time when the country needs all the income from taxation it can get its hands on. 

I'm sure he didn't choose Guernsey for the scenery and cuisine. 

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Thanks

The only reason I ask is I think the Club have little choice but to charge the same for disabled or non disabled , otherwise they leave themselves completely open to being sued for discrimination either way

Seems a lot of £ whoever it is

Eh? So OAP prices will be rising will they, on the basis you can't discriminate on age? 

That's utter garbage. 

Only today I bought a half price ticket on a train for a disabled passenger. 

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

BCFC are ignorant *****. 

Its clearly OK, in their minds, for them to offer discounts based on age but not disability. 

Are they trying to be deliberately offensive and ignorant or does it come completely naturally? 

They clearly have no understanding of life outside of their ivory towers. I already knew this to be fair as SL deems that UK income tax is for other people, self-determining that tax should have a personal ceiling amount rather than being a fair proportion of income. The "I've paid enough, I'm off" approach to living in a civilised society. 

I'm sure it makes him happy at a time when the country needs all the income from taxation it can get its hands on. 

I'm sure he didn't choose Guernsey for the scenery and cuisine. 

I would be living in Guernsey if I was worth 1.8 billion and UK inheritance tax was %40

the company he built also pays massive taxes as do the hundreds they employ

1 hour ago, dave36 said:

Positive discrimination against non disabled fans! What a massive bag of corporate bollocks that is!!

How quickly the Club forget!! The same  fans that have  been seated pitch side-either  getting  drenched in the rain or in a little enclosure with a tin roof where you lose sight of the ball every time  the ball goes above  head height for the last 30 years!! Do me a 

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO  Amazing how quickly those 30yrs of 'Positive Discrimination have been forgotton. It's the Clubs prerogative of course but please don't patronise by justifying it with utter bollocks. Insulting

3 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Eh? So OAP prices will be rising will they, on the basis you can't discriminate on age? 

That's utter garbage. 

Only today I bought a half price ticket on a train for a disabled passenger. 

I don’t know , that was my understanding

you obviously have full understanding of the legality and relevant legislation

, Counci car parks are the same from my experience 

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I would be living in Guernsey if I was worth 1.8 billion and UK inheritance tax was %40

With 1.8 billion I'd think you might be able to afford to live where to want to live. 

It is utterly irrelevant how much money his company has made. 

Fairness in taxation is a proportion of income. I've paid loads more income tax than my neighbour because I earn more and rightly so. 

And inheritance tax isn't 40%

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I would have thought you would be living on the dark side of the moon.

With 1.8 billion I'd think you might be able to afford to live where to want to live. 

It is utterly irrelevant how much money his company has made. 

Fairness in taxation is a proportion of income. I've paid loads more income tax than my neighbour because I earn more and rightly so. 

So you’d live in UK , and when you pass on and pass your life savings onto family etc 

You be quite happy to pass over just under a billion pounds to HMRC would you ?

yeah,  ok

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I don’t know , that was my understanding

you obviously have full understanding of the legality and relevant legislation

, Counci car parks are the same from my experience 

Council car parks typically do not charge for disabled drivers. Certainly not pay and display in Bristol I've used. 

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

So you’d live in UK , and when you pass on and pass your life savings onto family etc 

You be quite happy to pass over just under a billion pounds to HMRC would you ?

yeah,  ok

Yes I would live in the UK. My friends and family live here. 

And I would go to my grave without that much. My son asked me recently about this.

Call me a bullshiter but I'd give away almost everything to Muscular Dystrophy UK and a range of other children's charities. 

Council car parks typically do not charge for disabled drivers. Certainly not pay and display in Bristol I've used. 

I though Bristol did

Bath And others I’ve noticed Certainly do

I was  merely  trying to suggest why the prices may be the same 

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I though Bristol did

Bath And others I’ve noticed Certainly do

I was  merely  trying to suggest why the prices may be the same 

Get your point. Nothing in law states disabled people have to be treated the same, else all disabled facilities would be down the pan. 

6 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Blue Badge holders cross the Severn Bridges for free.......some £2,000+ saved if used every day for a year.

5 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Get your point. Nothing in law states disabled people have to be treated the same, else all disabled facilities would be down the pan. 

No , of course , there is rightly legislation to ensure disabled persons have access to certain facilities , access and in essence have all facilities and access afforded to somebody able bodied

Pricing is not the same thing

(And I’m not stating a personal view) ,

but playing devils advocate.....

What is your answer when Mr  Smith who pays for a parking space next to you says 

‘Why should I pay more just because I’m able bodied ?’ 

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

No , of course , there is rightly legislation to ensure disabled persons have access to certain facilities , access and in essence have all facilities and access afforded to somebody able bodied

What is your answer when Mr  Smith who pays for a parking space next to you says 

Why should I pay more just because I’m able bodied ?’ 

Umm because for one it’s not a choice and for the other it’s an optional extra

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

‘Why should I pay more just because I’m able bodied ?’ 

Why? Because in a civilised society we recognise when vulnerable groups are less able to afford things.

Children and OAPs for example. (Club strangely appear to agree on this, destroying their own argument). 

I would beg to differ on the emphasis of the question you raised by means of Devil's advocate.

The question should be "why should they pay less".

It should be no more difficult a question to answer than "why should I pay tax to educate someone else's child or pay for that disabled person's operation?" or "why do children get in cheaper than me?" 

I could write pages easily justifying my point. 

The point here is - the club should clearly state its policy (I will look) and I'd like to see them defend it when challenged by disability groups and the local press. 

Archived