IGNORED

Treatment of disabled fans

Wrongagain

Another totally unnecessary double barrel in the foot from the club. It seems deliberately nasty to squeeze a few more quid from the disabled supporters who are already being affected by the ST hikes imo. A cynic might think that they are clawing back the few concessions granted to fans after the initial uproar around the ST price announcement.

The Knights Comms Overlord era off to a flying start thus far.

5 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I would be living in Guernsey if I was worth 1.8 billion and UK inheritance tax was %40

the company he built also pays massive taxes as do the hundreds they employ

It’s a bit like Alan Sugar bragging about how good he is as a human because he paid x million in tax.

The thing is Bob, it works because proportionately we all contribute.

I have more respect for the average person working hard and paying their allotted proportion than I do the person who try’s to proportionately pay less, regardless of the amount.

Where do you draw the line? 

6 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I would be living in Guernsey if I was worth 1.8 billion and UK inheritance tax was %40

the company he built also pays massive taxes as do the hundreds they employ

Unfortunately your view is echoed by those in power and most of their friends so these tax loop holes never change.  Income tax is set at a percentage of income for a reason, those who do well pay more, those who do extremely well pay a lot more.  Would paying the correct tax change SL day to day life and his spending power.  I doubt it but I know if SL and the many others played by the same rules as the rest of us then the country would be stronger and after all,  it was this country that provide him with the opportunity to earn his wealth.  You shouldn’t be able to say I’m only happy to pay £x and op out of your obligation to society.  It makes me chuckle that as a country we openly criticise and show      outrage at those who play the benefit system for all they can get but turn a blind eye (unless you’re Jimmy Carr) to those taking advantage of tax loopholes.  Vive la revolution.

1 minute ago, General Zod said:

Unfortunately your view is echoed by those in power and most of their friends so these tax loop holes never change.  Income tax is set at a percentage of income for a reason, those who do well pay more, those who do extremely well pay a lot more.  Would paying the correct tax change SL day to day life and his spending power.  I doubt it but I know if SL and the many others played by the same rules as the rest of us then the country would be stronger and after all,  it was this country that provide him with the opportunity to earn his wealth.  You shouldn’t be able to say I’m only happy to pay £x and op out of your obligation to society.  It makes me chuckle that as a country we openly criticise and show      outrage at those who play the benefit system for all they can get but turn a blind eye (unless you’re Jimmy Carr) to those taking advantage of tax loopholes.  Vive la revolution.

Income Tax ?

Try Reading my post again 

7 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

No , of course , there is rightly legislation to ensure disabled persons have access to certain facilities , access and in essence have all facilities and access afforded to somebody able bodied

Pricing is not the same thing

(And I’m not stating a personal view) ,

but playing devils advocate.....

What is your answer when Mr  Smith who pays for a parking space next to you says 

‘Why should I pay more just because I’m able bodied ?’ 

I think the club just sees a car parking space as a place on a grid to earn money, probably got a sheet pinned on a wall somewhere. They only have a limited amount of spaces and want to squeeze every penny. It’s a 3m x5m (?) area they are renting out and they really couldn’t care who parks there as long as the fee is paid. It could be a people carrier with 7 passengers or a two seater sports car. 

They are renting a space the same way as you would rent a house, office space even a hotel room. Do landlords etc have to offer a lower price if a person with disabilities arrives to view a property, is there some agreement? 

Im not saying it’s right, it certainly isn’t my view or how I would act if it were my decision. But this is from the club who for the Manchester games even turned the coffee shop into a  restaurant to squeeze some extra revenue, so I don’t know why we are surprised.

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

I think the club just sees a car parking space as a place on a grid to earn money, probably got a sheet pinned on a wall somewhere. They only have a limited amount of spaces and want to squeeze every penny. It’s a 3m x5m (?) area they are renting out and they really couldn’t care who parks there as long as the fee is paid. It could be a people carrier with 7 passengers or a two seater sports car. 

They are renting a space the same way as you would rent a house, office space even a hotel room. Do landlords etc have to offer a lower price if a person with disabilities arrives to view a property, is there some agreement? 

Im not saying it’s right, it certainly isn’t my view or how I would act if it were my decision. But this is from the club who for the Manchester games even turned the coffee shop into a  restaurant to squeeze some extra revenue, so I don’t know why we are surprised.

Be interested in finding out if the suits and players are shelling out the same rate.

8 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

BCFC are ignorant *****. 

Its clearly OK, in their minds, for them to offer discounts based on age but not disability. 

Are they trying to be deliberately offensive and ignorant or does it come completely naturally? 

They clearly have no understanding of life outside of their ivory towers. I already knew this to be fair as SL deems that UK income tax is for other people, self-determining that tax should have a personal ceiling amount rather than being a fair proportion of income. The "I've paid enough, I'm off" approach to living in a civilised society. 

I'm sure it makes him happy at a time when the country needs all the income from taxation it can get its hands on. 

I'm sure he didn't choose Guernsey for the scenery and cuisine. 

Too ******* right he didn’t.

He chose Guernsey to avoid paying tax.

Think about that when it comes to funding education and the NHS. But it’s ok. He’s making us proud. And has built us all a lovely stadium.....

10 hours ago, dave36 said:

The way that we have operated our pricing structure previously has actually been positively discriminating towards non-disabled fans and it's only right that we rectify this.”

I am just staggered at the sheer audacity that they think this is an acceptable message to be making publicly. I struggle to imagine the process which came up with this without it having been said initially as a joke message which was not understood by others.  

I do worry at where we are heading. 

9 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

No , of course , there is rightly legislation to ensure disabled persons have access to certain facilities , access and in essence have all facilities and access afforded to somebody able bodied

What is your answer when Mr  Smith who pays for a parking space next to you says 

Because Mr Smith if he engaged his brain would understand that he pays less in his daily life . Individuals with disabilities have more inherent needs associated with their disabilities which financially have to be met, these are real needs they have for life, not a week or days like the rest of us have a sore throat.

Reduced costs, concessions, benefits (shite descriptive word) are not perks, they are a means of leveling society for the disadvantaged. 

So if I understand correctly - it costs what works out at  approximately £3 an hour (£9 a game) to have a guaranteed disabled parking space?

I’d be interested to know how many spaces are there - but for me, the club should be swallowing this cost up out of good will, in my opinion.

10 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Council car parks typically do not charge for disabled drivers. Certainly not pay and display in Bristol I've used. 

Bet Marvin will change that soon mind, he needs to keep the cash rolling in to pay for his Poet Laureate and feasibility studies into the Bristol Underground. 

10 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Thanks

The only reason I ask is I think the Club have little choice but to charge the same for disabled or non disabled , otherwise they leave themselves completely open to being sued for discrimination either way

Seems a lot of £ whoever it is

That’s more my point really, it’s too much money, too big a hike.  With the season ticket fiasco I could afford the original £238, but I deemed it poor value for money.  The parking falls into the same bracket for me.  There are alternatives for parking that are now more cost effective.

10 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Council car parks typically do not charge for disabled drivers. Certainly not pay and display in Bristol I've used. 

Yes, Bristol Council provides free blue badge parking in most scenarios, e.g. pay and display and council car parks.  In Cornwall, you pay £10 per annum for a permit that does the same.

10 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Blue Badge holders cross the Severn Bridges for free.......some £2,000+ saved if used every day for a year.

I believe this is only the case if you have a tax-exempt vehicle.  

1 hour ago, Cowshed said:

Because Mr Smith if he engaged his brain would understand that he pays less in his daily life . Individuals with disabilities have more inherent needs associated with their disabilities which financially have to be met, these are real needs they have for life, not a week or days like the rest of us have a sore throat.

Reduced costs, concessions, benefits (shite descriptive word) are not perks, they are a means of leveling society for the disadvantaged. 

Thanks for the sarcastic reply and lecture

I’m promise you , thanks - I’m more than fully aware of all that and the additional costs and am fully supportive of the rights of the disabled as well as other persons in need of assistance 

I have the total responsibility for doing everything for an elderly disabled & housebound relative and one of my best mates who I help regularly  is an above knee amputee (Do you , yourself speak from personal experience ?)

:thumbsup:

Im also fully aware what additional income both receive to try and cover or assist with those costs

(Personally I think it would be great PR for the Club to provide free parking for all those that desperately need it for practicality  btw)

In the scheme of things, the extra revenue to the club will be tiny. Show some decency and let disabled supporters park for free/nominal charge, certainly not hiking the cost.

As for SL's tax arrangements, he may well be saving some income tax by moving abroad, but he will still be subject to IHT the same as if he was living here.

The rate is 40% on anything over £325k (so as far as SL is concerned, it's basically 40%).

The value of qualifying businesses are exempt, so spending money on developing Ashton Gate and other infrastructure makes tax sense, so come on SL, invest plenty in the business, then you don't need to upset supporters with mean price hikes.

Update

bristol sport justifying their position on phasing in price hikes with:

”we are actually following guidelines given by Level Playing Field which is an organisation that campaigns for good access for all fans and is dedicated to disabled supporters of professional sports teams.”

I am sure level playing field are not in favour of bristol sports policy of trying to free up premium seats and parking by hiking up prices for those that can least afford it!

I have shared my feelings with level playing field and look forward to sharing their reply here

This is a real shame. One of the things I really like about the new stadium is the prominence of the disabled sections, a stark contrast to the dangerous pitchside positions they had when I first started watching.

I thought it marked a proper change in attitude, apparently not completely. 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

That’s more my point really, it’s too much money, too big a hike.  With the season ticket fiasco I could afford the original £238, but I deemed it poor value for money.  The parking falls into the same bracket for me.  There are alternatives for parking that are now more cost effective.

Yes, Bristol Council provides free blue badge parking in most scenarios, e.g. pay and display and council car parks.  In Cornwall, you pay £10 per annum for a permit that does the same.

Dave I'm not so sure about that. I always hand over my Blue Badge and away you go no questions asked 

16 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

Dave I'm not so sure about that. I always hand over my Blue Badge and away you go no questions asked 

Is your van Motability?  If so it’s tax-exempt, like mine.

If not, then i’ve Misunderstood the rules :facepalm: (just read up - I misunderstood- doh)

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Thanks for the sarcastic reply and lecture

I’m promise you , thanks - I’m more than fully aware of all that and the additional costs and am fully supportive of the rights of the disabled as well as other persons in need of assistance 

I have the total responsibility for doing everything for an elderly disabled & housebound relative and one of my best mates who I help regularly  is an above knee amputee (Do you , yourself speak from personal experience ?)

:thumbsup:

Im also fully aware what additional income both receive to try and cover or assist with those costs

(Personally I think it would be great PR for the Club to provide free parking for all those that desperately need it for practicality  btw)

Do you , yourself speak from personal experience? Yes. Two decades working for a disabilities charity in various capacities from Support Worker to Manager involving both care and leisure (sport - football) services.

It was not a sarcastic reply and lecture. It was a reply to Mr Smith.

1 hour ago, dave36 said:

Update

bristol sport justifying their position on phasing in price hikes with:

”we are actually following guidelines given by Level Playing Field which is an organisation that campaigns for good access for all fans and is dedicated to disabled supporters of professional sports teams.”

I am sure level playing field are not in favour of bristol sports policy of trying to free up premium seats and parking by hiking up prices for those that can least afford it!

I have shared my feelings with level playing field and look forward to sharing their reply here

It is disingenuous. Bristol Sport did not follow level playing fields guidelines. 

Here is one of their principle guidelines.

Involvement in decision-making - so that disabled people, and/or their advocates, are consulted before decisions which affect them are made.

It did not happen.

1 hour ago, Cowshed said:

Do you , yourself speak from personal experience? Yes. Two decades working for a disabilities charity in various capacities from Support Worker to Manager involving both care and leisure (sport - football) services.

It was not a sarcastic reply and lecture. It was a reply to Mr Smith.

It is disingenuous. Bristol Sport did not follow level playing fields guidelines. 

Here is one of their principle guidelines.

Involvement in decision-making - so that disabled people, and/or their advocates, are consulted before decisions which affect them are made.

It did not happen.

No likes left so.....:clap:

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Is your van Motability?  If so it’s tax-exempt, like mine.

If not, then i’ve Misunderstood the rules :facepalm: (just read up - I misunderstood- doh)

lots of people miss understand me :-) "but there's someone in my head and it's not me"" the good news is they are keeping me on the park :D

16 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

With 1.8 billion I'd think you might be able to afford to live where to want to live. 

It is utterly irrelevant how much money his company has made. 

Fairness in taxation is a proportion of income. I've paid loads more income tax than my neighbour because I earn more and rightly so. 

And inheritance tax isn't 40%

So you added a line after I pointed out Id referred to Inheritance tax not Income taxt

inheritance tax isn’t %40 ?????

Ohhhhh isn’t it

Please enlighten me

If you get off your pedestal maybe check your facts 

16 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Because the able bodied has a choice,  like me  who arrives 2 hrs before the game and parks a 10 min walk away . Disabled  / non-mobile  are probably not physically able to do that.

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Ohhhhh isn’t it

Please enlighten me

There is no way SL would pay 40% on his wealth even if he stayed in the uk, plenty of ways around it legally.  The shame is those that have worked hard and benefited from bloody stupid property prices but don't have 'that' much money never seek advice.

If all the money in the estate is tied up in your property and you leave it to someone you can actually totally screw that person royally.  You'll be dead though so bugger it.

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

There is no way SL would pay 40% on his wealth even if he stayed in the uk, plenty of ways around it legally.  The shame is those that have worked hard and benefited from bloody stupid property prices but don't have 'that' much money never seek advice.

If all the money in the estate is tied up in your property and you leave it to someone you can actually totally screw that person royally.  You'll be dead though so bugger it.

Not many Rum 

HMRC have closed most loopholes and are very hot on any attempts to circumnavigate

The threshold and the rate are a joke

No wonder many live in provided accommodation , and save f all , and let the state look after them 

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Not many Rum 

HMRC have closed most loopholes and are very hot on any attempts to circumnavigate

The threshold and the rate are a joke

No wonder many live in provided accommodation , and save f all , and let the state look after them 

If you ever require a financial adviser pm me!

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Hi Dave. Not so, Elliott has to see an eye specialist in Cardiff every so often. We basically wave his Blue Badge at the attendant & away we go! COYR 

Archived