IGNORED

Treatment of disabled fans

Wrongagain

7 hours ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi all, 

I have spoken to the stadium team who manage the car parks and have been told that while parking prices have been frozen for the last 3 years, the car park providers that they use have been increasing their prices year on year.  The price rises for next season have come in so Ashton Gate can cover the costs associated with operating the car parks. While I can emapthise with our disabled fans who will have a jump in parking prices from last season, I have been told that all disabled parking will receive a 15% discount on the full rate price for this season. 

Matt 

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO Consultation or communication with the fans affected? Smacks of the ST increase which have priced me out of renewing for next season all. Shameful and Shambolic. You must be very conflicted in you're new role as I'm yet to meet any City fan (or anyone from other clubs)   who doesn't think the price  hikes are outrageous.

7 hours ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi all, 

I have spoken to the stadium team who manage the car parks and have been told that while parking prices have been frozen for the last 3 years, the car park providers that they use have been increasing their prices year on year.  The price rises for next season have come in so Ashton Gate can cover the costs associated with operating the car parks. While I can emapthise with our disabled fans who will have a jump in parking prices from last season, I have been told that all disabled parking will receive a 15% discount on the full rate price for this season. 

Matt 

Mine has gone up up from £110 to £130 to £150 over the past few years.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO

A point was raised earlier in the thread (which could have easily been missed) around the how this decision was reached and the consultation with groups who are impacted by this decision.

It therefore seems surprising that a number of people on here who are either disabled or carers for people who are disabled seem to have been hit for six by this increase.

Can you enquire as to how many impacted supporters were consulted and what form that consultation took as clearly there seems to be something of a gap here.

Not that I expected direct consultation from the club, but I’m in regular contact with the Wheelchair liaison, but I believe he stood down following the season ticket fiasco.  So I suspect nobody has been consulted.

10 hours ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi all, 

Matt 

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO Sorry to bleat on but it would seem your above statement is clearly incorrect as per @Davefevs post. Which can only lead me to believe that whoever it was that gave you those figures has got their wires crossed of you've been blatenty misinformed. 

People are already up in arms at the Clubs clarity, communication & Consultation. This just reiterates that!

Matt Parsons I wonder if you can ask the players and staff if they would give up their match day spaces for our disabled fans ,

its a reasonable request and if possible please list the names of all that accepted and then declined ? 

If it raises 5 spaces then at least that’s  5 fellow reds that don’t have to struggle either financially or logistically with parking . 

37 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Matt Parsons I wonder if you can ask the players and staff if they would give up their match day spaces for our disabled fans ,

its a reasonable request and if possible please list the names of all that accepted and then declined ? 

If it raises 5 spaces then at least that’s  5 fellow reds that don’t have to struggle either financially or logistically with parking . 

And if anyone knows parking woes, it's this fella!

(Joking aside, top suggestion @bengalcub )

Also, @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO this thread isn't about shooting the messenger, more wanting the conduit between the fans and the club to find an answer.

I am not disabled but am a supporter of disability rights having had some experience in the field.

One of the important things to remember is that people with impairments are disabled as much by the barriers that society creates by excluding them from accessing their communities and local services, including in this case their local football club.

Disabled people and their carers need to be provided with the opportunity to access the club, increasing the prices of car parking and match tickets flies in the face of BCFC really showing a commitment to being a community club.

can I suggest anyone affected by the changes contacts West of England Centre for Inclusive Living (WECIL for short) for advice?

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO perhaps the club could also seek some advice from Disabled peoples advocacy services about the matter?

I do understand the frustration around this, however this was not a club decision but an Ashton Gate decision, so I have been feeding back into that team to make them aware of fan feelings.  As mentioned on an earlier post, the 15% discount has been put in to help with increase so it's not going to be full rate for the next 3 years. In terms of who parks on site, only disabled fans park on site at the stadium (with the exception of players and some staff). Ashton Gate also prioritise any disabled fans who are on the waiting list so that they can get them as close to the stadium as possible.

Matt  

5 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

I do understand the frustration around this, however this was not a club decision but an Ashton Gate decision, so I have been feeding back into that team to make them aware of fan feelings.  As mentioned on an earlier post, the 15% discount has been put in to help with increase so it's not going to be full rate for the next 3 years. In terms of who parks on site, only disabled fans park on site at the stadium (with the exception of players and some staff). Ashton Gate also prioritise any disabled fans who are on the waiting list so that they can get them as close to the stadium as possible.

Matt  

Wow, just wow, is this really going to be used as an excuse its... Ashton Gates fault not ours, if this is what splitting up the the two companies means then great going (this isn't a go at you Matt) Mr Lansdown and the board of BCFC and there AG board, great job well done

Very Easy to fob off the fans with things like this now.

Matt, do you really think this is an acceptable answer? to off load the problem to another part of the business, making the disconnect between fans and club even wider.

Really is a piss poor state of affairs if this is what is happening.

1 hour ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Matt  

So who did 'Ashton Gate' consult with?

1 hour ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Matt  

And another point to muse...

In the event that more supporters with disabilities request parking and have their request prioritised, who are first to lose their space... players or some staff?

It seems like a very large carpark if the only people who can use it are taken from a small pool of qualifying groups.

11 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

And another point to muse...

In the event that more supporters with disabilities request parking and have their request prioritised, who are first to lose their space... players or some staff?

It seems like a very large carpark if the only people who can use it are taken from a small pool of qualifying groups.

You are asking a BCFC employee not a Ashton Gate employee, they will make the decisions if the players can park, not the football club!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I wonder then if BCFC pay Ashton Gate...

I expect so, they effectively should be renting the ground and surrounding area to Bristol City and Bristol Rugby i am sure there is some financial benefit in doing this for  the stadium company, Football and Rugby club

Whatever happens, who the hell to fans contact, because clearly according to this process contact Ashton Gate not BCFC.  Talk about making things overly complicated

All.

Just to let you know Matt got in touch with me via DM, we exchanged telephone numbers (which was nice :D) and he called me today as promised.  We had a very amicable chat, and I will be progressing my concerns with Mark Kelly, as it is an Ashton Gate Limited thing.  That isn’t Matt fobbing me off, it’s just that’s what I think is my best route forward. I will let you know how that goes.

55 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

All.

Just to let you know Matt got in touch with me via DM, we exchanged telephone numbers (which was nice :D) and he called me today as promised.  We had a very amicable chat, and I will be progressing my concerns with Mark Kelly, as it is an Ashton Gate Limited thing.  That isn’t Matt fobbing me off, it’s just that’s what I think is my best route forward. I will let you know how that goes.

Also, it doesn't sound like the sort of thing @mark kelly would enter in to without consultation, he strikes me as a considered person who can strike far greater revenue gains from the facilities at his disposal than looking to rinse less abled supporters.

Matt has also been in contact with me, further emails to me have come from supporter services, once again ducking the issue of consultation, I don’t think sharing the content here will help at this stage as Matt is fighting our corner.

It is plain to see that the decisions have been made behind the scenes by bristol sport, perhaps only to shield City from the resulting flak - hence the fact that all of the price hikes were dropped on fans like a ton of bricks!

Also the claimed 3 season price freeze is a lie! Season before the start of rebuilding £110 on site, season the east end came down £120 on site, season the Williams came down was I think £99 off site (and a waste of money as it was never used because it was impossible) and west stand reopening £150 on site, latest £201

I don’t have the best memory but my figures are close if not totally correct, so I see an increase from the demolition of the east end (3 seasons) to end of 17/18 of £30! So how is bristol sport claiming a freeze?

9 minutes ago, dave36 said:

Matt has also been in contact with me, further emails to me have come from supporter services, once again ducking the issue of consultation, I don’t think sharing the content here will help at this stage as Matt is fighting our corner.

It is plain to see that the decisions have been made behind the scenes by bristol sport, perhaps only to shield City from the resulting flak - hence the fact that all of the price hikes were dropped on fans like a ton of bricks!

Also the claimed 3 season price freeze is a lie! Season before the start of rebuilding £110 on site, season the east end came down £120 on site, season the Williams came down was I think £99 off site (and a waste of money as it was never used because it was impossible) and west stand reopening £150 on site, latest £201

I don’t have the best memory but my figures are close if not totally correct, so I see an increase from the demolition of the east end (3 seasons) to end of 17/18 of £30! So how is bristol sport claiming a freeze?

Dave - I’ve only been attending with Joe since 13/14 season, and ours have gone from £110 to £150 over those seasons, to £204 next....so your figures look about right.

Archived