IGNORED

Future stadium development?

mrevans

I think most people agree, ground looks amazing. 

Having seen attendances go consistently above 20,000 this season and, encouragingly sell out a couple of times, what potential and need is there for future expansion (maybe in the next 3-5 years?) More specifically:

• Although the obvious next phase, is the Atyeo likely to be developed any time soon, what with the ongoing houses behind it still occupied. What would a realistic capacity for it be? 7.5k minimum, preferably nearer 9k?
  • Can a second tier be added to the South Stand? Was it built with expansion in mind?
  • I read a while ago (can't recall where) that the Dolman had a limited lifespan and that it wasn't in the too distant future? Could that be redeveloped?

I know the costs of any such  developments (Sir Steve has already spent a lot of money on the recent redevelopments) might mean this won't happen, but is it ridiculous to dream that in the future, we might play at Ashton Gate, in front of a 30,000 crowd?

Attendances aren't really over 20k, it's just the figure published.

We won't see anything unless we make it to the PL.

That being said, I'd love to see a proper Kop-style Atyeo. Enormous terrace with as many people that can be squeezed in as possible.

10 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Attendances aren't really over 20k, it's just the figure published.

We won't see anything unless we make it to the PL.

That being said, I'd love to see a proper Kop-style Atyeo. Enormous terrace with as many people that can be squeezed in as possible.

I know some of the games have been a bit lower in attendance than published but the majority of games certainly were well over 20.000.

1 minute ago, pillred said:

I know some of the games have been a bit lower in attendance than published but the majority of games certainly were well over 20.000.

Meant as an average, I expect there were a lot of games over 20k mind.

6 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Meant as an average, I expect there were a lot of games over 20k mind.

do you know what the actual capacity really is they say it's 27.000, but when we played man city they gave the attendance as 26.035 and there did not seem many empty seats if any to me.

Any word on the houses behind the Atyeo and whether we can revamp without them being demolished? I would like to see a Kop-style stand there, single tier but to the height of the other stands, then when the time comes replace the Dolman with a mirror-image of the Lansdown. :farmer:

1 hour ago, pillred said:

do you know what the actual capacity really is they say it's 27.000, but when we played man city they gave the attendance as 26.035 and there did not seem many empty seats if any to me.

Suspect it's to do with the segregation in the Atyeo. No problem believing that there were around 1000 covered seats there.

1 hour ago, eastonboy said:

Next development - adequate transport links and a multi storey car park?

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

In Bristol? Good one! 

I have an idea, a bus service that runs like a tube network but over ground, in fact l have a name, bit American but how about metrobus? I reckon l can get tax payer funding based on a bit of BS (bullshite not Bristol Sport though the two are closely linked!) then start back "tracking"!!! I think it could work or not work but who cares, its tax payers money... Ohhhh hold on, lm too late!!! 

Sorry guys - not sure we should be talking about ground redevelopment. 

Where is the money coming from?? Magic money tree again?

Because we’ve got thread after thread about the way the club is changing, too quickly, and rinsing the fan for more money - more redevelopment = more cost to fan, more corporate types in the ground. 

EDIT - ironically it’s some of the same posters wanting a bigger ground that I’m pretty sure I’ve read berating BS for its development. 

There is probably more value in adding to the corporate side of things than increasing capacity.

If we were to ever get to the Prem then yes, we would sell more seats for as long as we were there, but I would imagine benefit on spend would be minimal compared to the money available just for being in the Prem.

Just have to wait and see what they do with the Basketball site I suppose.

2 hours ago, pillred said:

Would suggest.

• Segregation in the Atyeo.
  • The % of the Singing Section unsold seats due to standing- think it's a 10% reduction in capacity in areas where that goes on but I might be wrong.
  • The bits of the Atyeo down the front which are covered, unavailable to reduce the risk of pitch incursions.

SL has said he considered 35k capacity before the re-development started and decided against it as if we get to the PL the capacity is secondary to the PL money. Shame really.

Can't see it happening for the foreseeable future even if the ground looks a bit unfinished with the Atyeo being dwarfed by the other stands.

Archived