IGNORED

Feeling at HOME now.

handsofclay

25 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

I was only going to build one side first then got a bit carried away and relocated my bureau etc to accommodate another side behind the goal. I'm going to leave it at that but then again I thought that when I had built just the one side!

Just another thought though and actually a bit of a booper; that big screen looks like you have scaled the grandstand on the Minimal not the Gate. :P

A couple of other points.

There are no goals because I was trying to recreate the Tony Pulis era when these items of football furniture were superfluous.

There is a half time scoreboard in the ground which is another anomaly as scores are just read out now over the PA or appear on the screens. But I thought it looked groovy.

19 hours ago, handsofclay said:

It is nearly five years since I split with my ex after nearly 20 years together. Finally, after redecorating, I now really feel at home. I'm not saying you need to ditch a woman to get a home like this but such women who would welcome such a makeover are very rare indeed although I suspect the likes of Dollymarie, Red M and Septic Peg would approve.

I also have a stadium clock which can play City commentary on RB as if it is coming over the stadium PA system and I have a Bluetooth speaker installed to Play live baseball from the States.

There are 17,000 seats on the two sides so when I'm sat on my sofa it is like being in a 34,000 seater stadium.

20180521_231845.jpg

20180521_231859.jpg

20180521_172709.jpg

20180521_172750.jpg

20180521_172737.jpg

20180521_172918.jpg

20180514_181009.jpg

20180514_181016.jpg

20180521_172723.jpg

From the position of your BT Homehub, I reckon your stadium Wi-fi will work far better than Ashton Gate. :P 

54 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

From the position of your BT Homehub, I reckon your stadium Wi-fi will work far better than Ashton Gate. :P 

:laugh:, then again they are restricted at Ashton Gate because if they fix a giant BT Homehub to the roof then Tilly Vacher will complain about the blue light spoiling her view from Clifton.

15 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

:laugh:, then again they are restricted at Ashton Gate because if they fix a giant BT Homehub to the roof then Tilly Vacher will complain about the blue light spoiling her view from Clifton.

Better than the red lights giving her the impression that her view is of a brothel :D

21 hours ago, handsofclay said:

It is nearly five years since I split with my ex after nearly 20 years together. Finally, after redecorating, I now really feel at home. I'm not saying you need to ditch a woman to get a home like this but such women who would welcome such a makeover are very rare indeed although I suspect the likes of Dollymarie, Red M and Septic Peg would approve.

I also have a stadium clock which can play City commentary on RB as if it is coming over the stadium PA system and I have a Bluetooth speaker installed to Play live baseball from the States.

There are 17,000 seats on the two sides so when I'm sat on my sofa it is like being in a 34,000 seater stadium.

20180521_231845.jpg

20180521_231859.jpg

20180521_172709.jpg

20180521_172750.jpg

20180521_172737.jpg

20180521_172918.jpg

20180514_181009.jpg

20180514_181016.jpg

20180521_172723.jpg

Having spent most of day Not thinking about it

the big screen should be in the corner

bt internet is far to good switch to sky or talk talk and muffle the sound so @Robbored cant understand whats being said 

you have made a rod for your own back you can no longer cook chips

you will have to drink piss poor beer but pay waitrose  prices

and why do you not have subbuteo figures on the pitch or is it half time?

50 minutes ago, reddoh said:

bt internet is far to good switch to sky or talk talk and muffle the sound so @Robbored cant understand whats being said 

I’ve just sent him a torqouise sharpie to add the rugby lines in to give it that authentic look.

58 minutes ago, reddoh said:

Brilliant had a great laugh at this. But I will not act upon your suggestions even though it would add far more authenticity for fear that @Robbored might then turn up!!!

8 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Brilliant had a great laugh at this. But I will not act upon your suggestions even though it would add far more authenticity for fear that @Robbored might then turn up!!!

nightmare on elm street not sure which one

This thread gives me an idea.

Mrs Robbo has been bending my ear about how I never got round to finishing a sunken pond project at the end of the garden and have instead left a big weed-strewn patch of  barren soil and rocks.

I can now tell her I have built a scaled down representation of the Mem!

7 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

This thread gives me an idea.

Mrs Robbo has been bending my ear about how I never got round to finishing a sunken pond project at the end of the garden and have instead left a big weed-strewn patch of  barren soil and rocks.

I can now tell her I have built a scaled down representation of the Mem!

Permission to pop round and take a giant shit in it?

11 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

I really love this. Would you be interested in recreating this for me? Willing to pay a good price if it ends up as nice as yours!

I could give it a go. I simply used French Apple crates from the 1930s I got on eBay - they have also been used as food and then clothing storage containers and a desk by me. I then got canvases from the pound shop as well as a series of lights which I put in place with cable ties and super glue. The two stands under the tv were doors on my cupboard. The most laborious bit was drawing and colouring in all the seats but I wouldn't be averse to doing so again. I'd estimate that once I had all the materials it would take me a couple of weeks working for a few hours each night on it. There are a few other things added such as the advertising boards etc (I will be adding more of those yet). 

My father appears in a Brown pot to the left of one of the stands in some of the pictures. People who knew him might not recognize him though because he wore glasses in the last few years of his life.

3 hours ago, handsofclay said:

I could give it a go. I simply used French Apple crates from the 1930s I got on eBay - they have also been used as food and then clothing storage containers and a desk by me. I then got canvases from the pound shop as well as a series of lights which I put in place with cable ties and super glue. The two stands under the tv were doors on my cupboard. The most laborious bit was drawing and colouring in all the seats but I wouldn't be averse to doing so again. I'd estimate that once I had all the materials it would take me a couple of weeks working for a few hours each night on it. There are a few other things added such as the advertising boards etc (I will be adding more of those yet). 

My father appears in a Brown pot to the left of one of the stands in some of the pictures. People who knew him might not recognize him though because he wore glasses in the last few years of his life.

Any idea of a cost please fella?

Archived