Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

handsofclay

Feeling at HOME now.

8 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Brilliant had a great laugh at this. But I will not act upon your suggestions even though it would add far more authenticity for fear that @Robbored might then turn up!!!

nightmare on elm street not sure which one

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I’ve just sent him a torqouise sharpie to add the rugby lines in to give it that authentic look.

:clap:Very good, loving the attention to detail.

This thread gives me an idea.

Mrs Robbo has been bending my ear about how I never got round to finishing a sunken pond project at the end of the garden and have instead left a big weed-strewn patch of  barren soil and rocks.

I can now tell her I have built a scaled down representation of the Mem!

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

This thread gives me an idea.

Mrs Robbo has been bending my ear about how I never got round to finishing a sunken pond project at the end of the garden and have instead left a big weed-strewn patch of  barren soil and rocks.

I can now tell her I have built a scaled down representation of the Mem!

Permission to pop round and take a giant shit in it?

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

I really love this. Would you be interested in recreating this for me? Willing to pay a good price if it ends up as nice as yours!

I could give it a go. I simply used French Apple crates from the 1930s I got on eBay - they have also been used as food and then clothing storage containers and a desk by me. I then got canvases from the pound shop as well as a series of lights which I put in place with cable ties and super glue. The two stands under the tv were doors on my cupboard. The most laborious bit was drawing and colouring in all the seats but I wouldn't be averse to doing so again. I'd estimate that once I had all the materials it would take me a couple of weeks working for a few hours each night on it. There are a few other things added such as the advertising boards etc (I will be adding more of those yet). 

My father appears in a Brown pot to the left of one of the stands in some of the pictures. People who knew him might not recognize him though because he wore glasses in the last few years of his life.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, handsofclay said:

I could give it a go. I simply used French Apple crates from the 1930s I got on eBay - they have also been used as food and then clothing storage containers and a desk by me. I then got canvases from the pound shop as well as a series of lights which I put in place with cable ties and super glue. The two stands under the tv were doors on my cupboard. The most laborious bit was drawing and colouring in all the seats but I wouldn't be averse to doing so again. I'd estimate that once I had all the materials it would take me a couple of weeks working for a few hours each night on it. There are a few other things added such as the advertising boards etc (I will be adding more of those yet). 

My father appears in a Brown pot to the left of one of the stands in some of the pictures. People who knew him might not recognize him though because he wore glasses in the last few years of his life.

Any idea of a cost please fella?

42 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Any idea of a cost please fella?

The materials cost in the region of £170 including the pitch but might be brought down if I can find cheaper crates and a similar figure on top for my time so would be just under £350. But if you prefer I can simply tell you how I did it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

The materials cost in the region of £170 including the pitch but might be brought down if I can find cheaper crates and a similar figure on top for my time so would be just under £350. But if you prefer I can simply tell you how I did it.

You Sir, do not appear to have a single mercenary bone in your body!  I'm from the 'deep intake of breath...........well........I reckon........materials / labour / transport / wear and tear on the tools / rate of inflation.......... we gotta be looking at around about a monkey at least' school of thought!

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

You Sir, do not appear to have a single mercenary bone in your body!  I'm from the 'deep intake of breath...........well........I reckon........materials / labour / transport / wear and tear on the tools / rate of inflation.......... we gotta be looking at around about a monkey at least' school of thought!

I suppose a monkey would be a reasonable amount if I was to go into business. But if it was just a one off then half a monkey plus five ponies would be fine.

• Haha 1

You know what? I genuinely like this!

It's actually really cool. Storage plus your own replica of AG. 

Can't help but think "Giant Cat invades Ashton Gate" when I saw the first photo. Lolz. 

Cat's name please? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

You know what? I genuinely like this!

It's actually really cool. Storage plus your own replica of AG. 

Can't help but think "Giant Cat invades Ashton Gate" when I saw the first photo. Lolz. 

Cat's name please? 

That's  Lucy, she's  16 now and has liver problems. The other cat is Felix who is 17 and has hyperthyroidism but is on medication that has helped him the last year no end. You are quite right about the storage space as I've placed some items that aren't  used a great deal under the stands...bit like Harry Dolman with the bowling green.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

That's  Lucy, she's  16 now and has liver problems. The other cat is Felix who is 17 and has hyperthyroidism but is on medication that has helped him the last year no end. You are quite right about the storage space as I've placed some items that aren't  used a great deal under the stands...bit like Harry Dolman with the bowling green.

'Like' just isn't enough here Mr Hands.......... that comment will keep me chuckling for the duration!  Thanks

• Like 1