IGNORED

Famara 6 Game Ban (Merged)

Hazelboy

Just now, wendyredredrobin said:

Spitting is disgusting and deserves to be punished. That said, 6 games seems rather a lot.  I would prefer players to be fined heavily for this rather than punish their clubs and supporters.

6 games seems to be the standard punishment for it, that's what Saiz of Leeds got, as did Masuaku at West Ham.

2 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Spitting is disgusting and deserves to be punished. That said, 6 games seems rather a lot.  I would prefer players to be fined heavily for this rather than punish their clubs and supporters.

Not at all. Put yourself in the reverse position.  If this had been the Brum player having spat at Famara, we’d all be in uproar and expecting a lengthy ban. Let’s not act in contradiction. 

1 minute ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Trouble is players are so wealthy fines don't make much difference these days.

2 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Blast. I'll try again to upload it. Unfortunately, I can't put the screenshot onto here. Any help/suggestions please.

Right click the photo > Copy image address > (OTIB comment ssection) > Insert other media > Insert image from URL > Paste

2 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Blast. I'll try again to upload it. Unfortunately, I can't put the screenshot onto here. Any help/suggestions please.

email it to me and I'll upload it f you like. It should just upload if you hit choose files.

3 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Alternative to other people's suggestions, upload to something like imgur if you have an account and copy it from there 

As unpleasant as this is I don’t understand the length of the ban. A violent tackle that can endanger a players career, like the Sheffield utd player on Korey Smith is considered half as bad as spitting on some one? Makes no sense to me

If he has spat intentionally at someone, he has everything he deserves coming to him, I personally think its the most disgusting thing you can do and would happily have him bombed out of the club if true.

The shit you can potentially catch from this disgusting act far exceeds your leg breaks and ligament damage as far as i am concerned

And I actually like him as a player!

Good news and bad news...

good news:

Last season we played our best football with Fammy out of the team and Bobby up front on his own. 

Bad news:

Last season we played our best football with Fammy out of the team and Bobby up front on his own. 

If he was spat at 2 mins before the nose to nose confrontation it would have all kicked off, if he spat at him when nose to nose it would turned into complete chaos imo. The only thing I can think of is he has spat with no intention of hitting anyone with it, although it has hit the player earlier a couple of mins earlier. Now the player is saying he has been spat at intentionally previously purely out of spite after the nose to nose incident.

16 minutes ago, Super said:

Maybe not everyone but lots of people did.

Is it a sackable offence though? Yes (if true) it's abhorrent and there's no place for it at AG or in football at all. But the poster I quoted said that we should get rid of him altogether, which I can't help but think is OTT

Curiouser and curiouser. The Brum defenders clearly don't seem to be making anything if it with the only objections being about the award of the foul. If the officials had seen anything they'd have sent him off so interesting to know when awareness of the incident arose - was it in the official's report or has photographic evidence emerged subsequently? If the latter the club would know about it and presumably would accept without dispute?

Odd.

Archived