IGNORED

Famara 6 Game Ban (Merged)

Hazelboy

2 hours ago, CiderCraig said:

BREAKING NEWS!!

My wife faces a 6-night ban after admitting spitting last night... :shutup:

god knows what I'm going to get just spat and snorted but in my defense it's your fault :laughcont:

17 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Spitting should be banned whether it’s directed at anyone fullstop

Constantly seeing players and managers do it every game disgusts and bemuses me 

Could not agree more, look at 1.15 and 1.28 on this video the same player spitting, I maybe in a minority here but to me the disrespect is mind blowing and this video has had almost 6,500 views.

Big difference between a player removing excess spit from their mouths/clearing airways before/during intense athletic activity and aiming it at someone at a retaliation/provocation. 

Strange that the club are standing by the player despite a charge as you’d think they must have been presented with any evidence used in reaching the decision.

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Big difference between a player removing excess spit from their mouths/clearing airways before/during intense athletic activity and aiming it at someone at a retaliation/provocation. 

Strange that the club are standing by the player despite a charge as you’d think they must have been presented with any evidence used in reaching the decision.

Are you saying that in the case of my clip the player could not hold his spit in for one minute during a solemn occasion for a BCFC legend?

21 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Could not agree more, look at 1.15 and 1.28 on this video the same player spitting, I maybe in a minority here but to me the disrespect is mind blowing and this video has had almost 6,500 views.

Think whats worse is that Flint and Paterson seem to find it intensely funny.

2 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

I agree with @Harry .  For anyone to spit is disgusting, no matter the reason why. 

Its a real shame as I loved Fammy, but it really has taken the shine off of him for me. 

Spitting at a player is as bad as it gets

It also puts a shadow over the Club whereby other Championship fans will give us a hard time 

Not acceptable in anyway and if the charge is proven and sticks the Club must come down hard on the player to show the others they have dealt with it!

Stupid of him to get banned for behaviour like that.

I'm surprised it has taken so long and come out of the blue this late on, though.

27 minutes ago, Fodbarmyarmy said:

Am totally amazed by this.......3 pages and nobody has blamed LJ or MA.....shocked aint the word

I blame LJ and MA.

5 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Spitting at a player is as bad as it gets

I'm sure there are worse things than spitting but I know what you mean. Spitting at a player after making a racist comment would be worse.

1 hour ago, Hampshire reds said:

with him out for 6 games Bobby reid could be sold then we need to hit the transfer market in a big way. without these 2 we are really struggling. good luck with this situation lee.

depends on who's fit and who's brought in,

bare in mind we made a play-off final with our top scorer scoring 9

1 minute ago, Norn Iron said:

I'm sure there are worse things than spitting but I know what you mean. Spitting at a player after making a racist comment would be worse.

I think defecating on the still twitching corpse of the man you just murdered is worse than spitting at someone but takes all sorts i guess.

Looked at the photo and tbh it's pretty inconclusive IMO. Would have to watch the footage and look at the photo again and does it not look like more of a head to head?

Seems very odd to be so long after the event and for David Davis and Birmingham just to react like nothing happened...

The FA...I don't think they have a great view of us. I would suggest our reputation for pyros though it should by rights be totally separate to this, has put us in a dim light with them.

The Paterson spit is completely differant I don’t take that as any disrespect intended , he’s a footballer and spitting is part and parcel of the game and they all do that before during and after the game  , that said if fammy has directly spat at another player then he deserves everything he gets ...

45 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Are you saying that in the case of my clip the player could not hold his spit in for one minute during a solemn occasion for a BCFC legend?

Agreed he should have. 

But he’s just preparing for the match at the end of the day and clearly didn’t mean any disrespect or offence. 

Is there any conclusive evidence that he did spit? 

Dont think i will condemn FD until i see it with my own eyes. 

Personaly think something stinks about this. The FA have been wrong before.

Innocent until proved beyond all resionable dought in my eyes.

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Agreed he should have. 

But he’s just preparing for the match at the end of the day and clearly didn’t mean any disrespect or offence. 

I'm sorry that is just not good enough, the disrespect beggars belief.

It seems to me that for future reference perhaps SL/LJ should make sure the players are made aware of their responsibilities the next time there is a minutes silence/applause, personally I would have thought that it was just the expectation of normal civilised behaviour.

Could you imagine the furore had Beckham coughed one up whilst accompanying his non smiling wife into the chapel at Windsor on  Saturday?

6 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I'm sorry that is just not good enough, the disrespect beggars belief.

It seems to me that for future reference perhaps SL/LJ should make sure the players are made aware of their responsibilities the next time there is a minutes silence/applause, personally I would have thought that it was just the expectation of normal civilised behaviour.

Could you imagine the furore had Beckham coughed one up whilst accompanying his non smiling wife into the chapel at Windsor on  Saturday?

Yes because that’s the same as 30 seconds before an elite athletic event. What a bizarre analogy. 

Silly from Pato but clearly no intention of disrespect. He’s just on auto pilot moments before a game. 

12 minutes ago, stevep38 said:

Is there any conclusive evidence that he did spit? 

Dont think i will condemn FD until i see it with my own eyes. 

Personaly think something stinks about this. The FA have been wrong before.

Innocent until proved beyond all resionable dought in my eyes.

I feel the same. Really struggling with how the FA have been able to prove that he spat, bar a statement from one or more people, TV cameras didn't catch it - perhaps 4th official or something?

25 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Understand what you say, but Famara isn't really big news is he, nor do I suspect his conduct will create a withdrawal of sponsorship deals, SC sales or a slump in hospitality bookings.

To be honest, if a journo with some influence got hold of the disabled fans issue then I think it could be more damaging to the club  and would be more likely to get mainstream national media attention than a spitty footballer.

Famara is a top international striker on the edges of a World Cup call up  , Senegalese, French  and English media are interested. 

Especially in this off season .

As you can imagine, personally , I am disturbed by the mismanagement of the disabled persons parking situation .

2 minutes ago, Super said:

They must have evidence, they won't hit him with a 6 game ban without it, sure City have been made aware of it.

My thoughts too, but to then come out with unwavering support of the player after the charge is strange. Makes you think the evidence is far from conclusive. 

Archived