IGNORED

Famara 6 Game Ban (Merged)

Hazelboy

Something very fishy with this whole thing imo.

As others have said previously why has this taken so long, usually hear about these sort of incidents within a matter of days at the latest, also from footage that we have available it doesn’t look like anything of the sort happened, David Davis is abit of a hothead and if he was spat at Fammy would def of knew about it and not some petty head to head nonsense which is clearly visible.

Dont get me wrong if he has, he should be very strongly reprimanded and rightly so but struggling to see what evidence the FA have on this, it wasn’t a featured game so don’t think they’ll have any other camera angles other than the one that is available to us.

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It takes just the first question for the whole saga to seem more bizarre: "The incident took place on April 10, during a 3-1 win over Birmingham. During the regular season the FA operates a 'fast track disciplinary system' as the governing body looks to deal with incidents before a player plays their next game."

Surely on April 10th there are still at least 4 league games left to play?? Potentially season-defining games too.

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Load of shite...  'During the regular season the FA operates a 'fast track disciplinary system' as the governing body looks to deal with incidents before a player plays their next game. However, with it now being the end of the season there was no need to fast track the charge'.

If the ban had been imposed before the next league game as was with Bailey Wright then Diedhiou would have served 4 of the 6 games last season.

1 minute ago, alexukhc said:

So in other words “sorry guys we was too busy booking our flights to Russia to care about 4 games of season to go” the FA is a joke shop 

12 minutes ago, joeyb said:

It takes just the first question for the whole saga to seem more bizarre: "The incident took place on April 10, during a 3-1 win over Birmingham. During the regular season the FA operates a 'fast track disciplinary system' as the governing body looks to deal with incidents before a player plays their next game."

Surely on April 10th there are still at least 4 league games left to play?? Potentially season-defining games too.

Just shows what a joke the FA are.

16 minutes ago, hodge said:

Load of shite...  'During the regular season the FA operates a 'fast track disciplinary system' as the governing body looks to deal with incidents before a player plays their next game. However, with it now being the end of the season there was no need to fast track the charge'.

If the ban had been imposed before the next league game as was with Bailey Wright then Diedhiou would have served 4 of the 6 games last season.

Your comment is spot on.

The part of the BP article quote that I have bolded is absolute nonsense.

It is only correct in that it is now- as of the time the article was written- that the season for us is over.

But at the time of the actual incident there was around a month left. With the accusation being of spitting and that carrying a 6 game ban the process should absolutely have been fast tracked.

At the time of all this the playoffs was still a possibility- now imagine we made the playoff final thanks to Diedhiou goals in the semis, then the news is announced that he should have been banned for 6 games (which would have had the semi final second leg as the 6th) 

Whoever our semi final opponents were in that hypothetical would (quite rightly) feel aggrieved, as we would do if it was the opposite situation.

5 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Scott McGarvey hair too .

IMG_0254.JPG

The day Scott played against us for Darlington (prior to us signing him) was one of the most memorable games I have ever witnessed when it comes to the football version of sledging. How he endured constant comments and chants from even the enclosure was impressive. Scott played well too which is one way to silence them. 

He cut his hair when he joined us!

7 hours ago, Olé said:

I think it's pretty abhorrent simply because it's cowardly and rather distasteful, but it does surprise me that being spat at in a bar (saliva on jacket) can trigger World War 3, but someone dropping their guts at the bar (everyone inhales rotting remains of their dinner) produces much mirth and merriment.

Love that phrase, can I please use it ?:gasmask:

Having just read the posts version of what the FA have said. It made me wonder if the independant panel was the same 3 that rulled over the Bailey incident. If it was then one or all of them have got a real grudge over BCFC.

Also the FA saying oh it was near the end of the season so we had more time is rubbish. With 4 games to go it should of been dealt with then and there.  Why are they being so harsh?

40 minutes ago, stevep38 said:

Having just read the posts version of what the FA have said. It made me wonder if the independant panel was the same 3 that rulled over the Bailey incident. If it was then one or all of them have got a real grudge over BCFC.

Also the FA saying oh it was near the end of the season so we had more time is rubbish. With 4 games to go it should of been dealt with then and there.  Why are they being so harsh?

If the club had accepted the charge in the first place it if been a 3 match ban & probably served the end of the season.

the club thought there try it on & have lost

9 minutes ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

If the club had accepted the charge in the first place it if been a 3 match ban & probably served the end of the season.

it happened on the 10th of april the appeal shouldn't of taken this long, the club saw no evidence (you can still see the whole match online) the players at the time hardly reacted like they'd been spat at,

the club once 100% correct in appealing so don't make it out like the club are trying it on 

The FA don't like us very much, almost certain of that.

The pyro shit means they are perhaps looking at us more harshly than is merited- is also the reason I think they- or in that case the EFL- may try to make a bit of an example of us if we went through FFP. We have, had a reputation for pyros moreso than a lot of clubs.

10 minutes ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

Or Famara was adamant that he didn't do it and was prepared to support him, as they should.

Everyone spits, it's no big deal, the issue he is whether he spat at someone.  If that was the case, I do find it extraordinary that it did not become apparent during the match, or afterwards through match highlights and analysis.  If you're up close to someone shouting at them, it wouldn't be first time that a bit of spit flies out, but hey what do I know?  I'd rather be spat at than punched in the face, but maybe I'm in the minority.

19 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

It is not terribly civilised but when you engage in high physical activity your body excretes mucous  from the nose and mouth and unless you have several big hankerchieves up your sleeve you're never going to get rid of it all without spitting.

Most footballers do seem to have turned it into an art form though ! 

Yes Major and some kids think it the right thing to do when just walking down the street, disgusting!  When I was a bus driver we were given DNA kits to carry, in case we were spat on by a passenger and used as proof when the incident was caught on CCTV,  as then and probably now,  spitting at someone was considered an assault.  luckily in 13 years it never happened to me, thank goodness.  Altogether a disgusting action, spitting at anyone or anything!

10 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Yes Major and some kids think it the right thing to do when just walking down the street, disgusting!  When I was a bus driver we were given DNA kits to carry, in case we were spat on by a passenger and used as proof when the incident was caught on CCTV,  as then and probably now,  spitting at someone was considered an assault.  luckily in 13 years it never happened to me, thank goodness.  Altogether a disgusting action, spitting at anyone or anything!

I would prefer the physios to run onto the pitch with hankerchieves whenever the little darlings had a dewdrop moment.

This could be a new marketing product for our club , City hankies with the player's name printed on them , shirts are so yesterday.

2 hours ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

Wrong

And a nonsense post

Spitting is a MANDATORY SIX game ban

Six games is the mandatory suspension for anyone found to have spat at someone during a match. The Newcastle striker Papiss Cissé was banned for seven games in 2015 after a special independent commission investigating an altercation with Manchester United’s Jonny Evans took prior violent conduct into consideration when handing out his sentence.

The FA’s tariff had been revised upwards in the summer of 2014 in order to fall in line with Fifa’s position on the matter but there is no doubt everyone in the game reviles spitting. Whenever the various bodies in the English professional game gather to discuss matters of regulation, it’s consistently agreed to be beyond the pale. Violent conduct, it is felt, is an unavoidable consequence of a contact sport, spitting on someone not so much.

1 hour ago, Super said:

Not sure why people are blaming the FA 6 games is the norm for a spitting offence and Wright clearly threw himself to the floor. Or am i missing something?

You're missing nothing, plenty of others are though.

Unless you believe that the FA has a pathological hatred of Bristol City.

On 22/05/2018 at 18:36, Mtimmy11 said:

My friends daughter once got spat on by a Somalian at school and all the police came up  with was that it’s not that serious in the African culture.but this is England so bomb the vile b——-d out of if quilty and tell Lansdown to start showing some leadership before it’s to late

Disgusting vile character is Quilty.

Archived