IGNORED

Famara 6 Game Ban (Merged)

Hazelboy

12 hours ago, Super said:

Not sure why people are blaming the FA 6 games is the norm for a spitting offence and Wright clearly threw himself to the floor. Or am i missing something?

If Fammy has indeed spat at the Brum player then I have no problem with whatever punishment the FA and the club throw at him as it’s fully deserved, but for the whole saga to have taken this long to come out is ridiculous, and where is this said evidence, because if they are just going by the footage that we’ve seen then it’s outright bullshit as there is nothing to see, if they do have evidence then why not prove it, show Fammy up for it as it’s disgusting.

• Admin
On 22/05/2018 at 20:30, hodge said:

Load of shite...  'During the regular season the FA operates a 'fast track disciplinary system' as the governing body looks to deal with incidents before a player plays their next game. However, with it now being the end of the season there was no need to fast track the charge'.

If the ban had been imposed before the next league game as was with Bailey Wright then Diedhiou would have served 4 of the 6 games last season.

So the FA have come out and told McGregor that they operate the same competition under a different set of rules depending on the date. Wonder if Gregor wants to pick them up on that, he could make a national name for himself. 

1 hour ago, Ian M said:

So the FA have come out and told McGregor that they operate the same competition under a different set of rules depending on the date. Wonder if Gregor wants to pick them up on that, he could make a national name for himself. 

Particularly as at the time of the incident the playoffs weren't impossible for us (I think that win left us a point outside) and the ban would have gone on until the semi final second leg had we made it.

The FA should be happy we didnt make the playoffs or it would have exposed this flaw even more.

6 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Particularly as at the time of the incident the playoffs weren't impossible for us (I think that win left us a point outside) and the ban would have gone on until the semi final second leg had we made it.

The FA should be happy we didnt make the playoffs or it would have exposed this flaw even more.

Well the point now is he should have been banned for 4 games last season, so he'd have missed 2 league games next season instead of a 4/5 league games depending if we win the first round. 

33 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

FA says he had a hearing, which suggests City appealed it.

I think it is most likely semantics.

As I understand it, the FA let the club know that there is a case against a player, and they have x days to respond. A club then makes their case, with their evidence. This then all goes to a hearing during which a decision is made. This decision is binding and no appeal can be made against it.

Club still gets the opportunity to make its case however.

12 hours ago, phantom said:

Samuel Saiz ? @Cjay

Yeah.

Whisper it quietly but i think Pablo Hernandez is a better player by quite a bit.

But yes, after the spitting incident he never got close to form again.

Spitting, no idea why anyone would do it? Been angry myself, never once thought "yeah, ill spit on you now"

9 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Yeah.

Whisper it quietly but i think Pablo Hernandez is a better player by quite a bit.

But yes, after the spitting incident he never got close to form again.

Spitting, no idea why anyone would do it? Been angry myself, never once thought "yeah, ill spit on you now"

It's a cultural thing.

6 minutes ago, Super said:

Comes across as desperate saying he "swears on his kids lives". Can't say I have heard anything like that before in an interview.

Where were you in April?? The whole world was mocking Harry Kane for a good couple of weeks because he swore on his daughter's life that he touched Eriksen's cross/shot on the way in.

6 minutes ago, Super said:

Comes across as desperate saying he "swears on his kids lives". Can't say I have heard anything like that before in an interview.

I don’t think it’s desperate. There is no video footage. And fam says he hasn’t done it . I would do the same if I was his boss. Wouldn’t you 

Archived