IGNORED

Famara 6 Game Ban (Merged)

Hazelboy

From the FA Charges listing (which clearly the media missed!)...

INCIDENT OF MISCONDUCT
Famara Diedhiou, Player, Bristol City FC
Bristol City FC v Birmingham City FC
English Football League Championship
10 April 2018

Breach of FA Rule E1 (a) – It is alleged that in or around the 52nd minute of the fixture, contrary to FIFA Laws of the Game – Law 12, Mr Diedhiou spat at Mr. David Davis.

1 minute ago, View from the Dolman said:

Well that's come from nowhere...! Normally you see the player being charged so feels a bit odd this has suddenly been released with the verdict and suspension.

This! There’s usually a right dingdong about this sort of thing, I don’t remember an incident in the game at all. Be interesting to see the facts

Just now, BarnzFM said:

This! There’s usually a right dingdong about this sort of thing, I don’t remember an incident in the game at all. Be interesting to see the facts

Just found the charge listing on the FA site (see post above)... Guess the video on BCTV of the full match might show something if anyone has time to take a look...

6 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

From the FA Charges listing (which clearly the media missed!)...

INCIDENT OF MISCONDUCT
Famara Diedhiou, Player, Bristol City FC
Bristol City FC v Birmingham City FC
English Football League Championship
10 April 2018

Breach of FA Rule E1 (a) – It is alleged that in or around the 52nd minute of the fixture, contrary to FIFA Laws of the Game – Law 12, Mr Diedhiou spat at Mr. David Davis.

What was the Brexit secretary doing on the field at Ashton Gate? I didn't realise Famara was such a strong supporter of the remain campaign. 

1 minute ago, bengalcub said:

So no refs report or action taken , surely they have to release the evidence of a charge has been bought ? 

If true we start next season with potentially no fammy or bobby .... 

I'm sure the club have seen the evidence.

Looking at social media etc nobody can recall any incident, usually there is a right kicking off at the time and after. Also why has this taken weeks to be looked at, Bailey Wright was banned within days?

6 games, is this standard now or has he got previous ( if he did spit). Does a player ever recover from a spitting incident/allegation. 

We have to recruit with this in mind, can’t afford to give other teams a 6 game headstart, especially if we lose Reid which looks almost certain. 

Why would City stand by their player and seek legal advise if it was true?

My take is he walked past a Birmingham play and spat but not at the player instead to clear his nose. The Birmingham player used it as an excuse to manipulate rules to his advantage because Fammy probably got the better of him or they had verbals. Fammy needs to grow up fast on the subtleties of the English, sometimes, vindictive nature and game which also probably explains why the club are standing by him; He is probably guilty only of naivety. 

• Admin
1 minute ago, havanatopia said:

Why would City stand by their player and seek legal advise if it was true?

My take is he walked past a Birmingham play and spat but not at the player instead to clear his nose. The Birmingham player used it as an excuse to manipulate rules to his advantage because Fammy probably got the better of him or they had verbals. Fammy needs to grow up fast on the subtleties of the English, sometimes, vindictive nature and game which also probably explains why the club are standing by him; He is probably guilty only of naivety. 

Even the most guilty murderer gets legal support

I find it odd that it has taken so long for this to come to light?

The FA would only have the footage the club would have recorded at the time so should be cut and dried if there is footage or not?

First we hear of it is a 6 game ban? Bit odd that.

If it's true and was deliberate (players spit all over the place all game long) then it's disgusting and has lowered my opinion of FD immensely. Never want anything like that associated with our club. Really disappointed.

Why has this taken so long to come out? Surely it would have been known within days of the game. Also a case we must have seen footage of it and if Fammy was guilty of something blatant then we wouldn't be supporting him. 

Archived