IGNORED

Famara 6 Game Ban (Merged)

Hazelboy

1 minute ago, Cider-Head23 said:

Looks like we'll start the season with Djuric alongside most likely a new signing. 

Or maybe Djuric and Taylor. 

Great. Roll on August...…………

Spitting is abhorrent and if he is guilty then a six game ban is acceptable, a hefty club fine is acceptable, and a club statement stating that it is unacceptable and he will go through a process of re-education concerning it is acceptable. Drumming him out of the club on a first offence I think is a bit extreme. However considering the club statement it does not seem to be an open and shut case because lets face it no club would want to be seen defending a player in this situation if they are so clearly guilty so I feel he should be given the benefit of the doubt until such time as any guilt is firmly established.

watched the match from 50 - 54 minutes. Only incident is the one mentioned, two challenges on Famara within 30-40 seconds, and there are a few complaints and one player squares up to Famara nose to nose. Then they all walk of, ref books a player for the challenge, and thats it. No one reacts like they have been spat at.

Good news for Djuric, Taylor and whichever striker we sign this summer. 

They've got to see this as an incentive to have a good pre-season, especially Djuric who should see this as his chance to cement that target man role.

Took 8 days to charge him, is that normal?
Had to respond by 26th April , nearly a month has past till this announcement . Is that normal?
Surly if he denied it the club would have been involved before now, little bit after the event. Would make sense for any defence to be heard before sentence .
All seems a bit odd, as said numerous times , if anyone is deliberately spat at they would go mental there and then. Not quietly get on with the game then go running to 'Sir'  !

20 minutes ago, Big C said:

Spitting is abhorrent and if he is guilty then a six game ban is acceptable, a hefty club fine is acceptable, and a club statement stating that it is unacceptable and he will go through a process of re-education concerning it is acceptable. Drumming him out of the club on a first offence I think is a bit extreme. However considering the club statement it does not seem to be an open and shut case because lets face it no club would want to be seen defending a player in this situation if they are so clearly guilty so I feel he should be given the benefit of the doubt until such time as any guilt is firmly established.

Even if guilty as charged the business won't kick out an asset costing millions of pounds and potentially worth at least as much as was paid.

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

But 52nd minute is between 51:00 and 51:59 on the clock.

If he's been charged, the FA should be able to pinpoint the exact second the gob leaves his lips. The vagueness of the timing gives hope that maybe this isn't an open and shut case?

8 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Lack of evidence did not stop them banning Bailey wright. So wouldn't surprise me if they are guessing here too. 

In fairness they were right with that.

20 minutes ago, Dingbat said:

If he's been charged, the FA should be able to pinpoint the exact second the gob leaves his lips. The vagueness of the timing gives hope that maybe this isn't an open and shut case?

Agreed, especially the use of the dreaded football cliché "in or around".

Can't imagine any appeal will be successful, best we could hope for would be a reduction but even that is unlikely. Saiz got the same ban, although I think there was clear clear video evidence of him gobbing at someone IIRC.

32 minutes ago, mozo said:

Good news for Djuric, Taylor and whichever striker we sign this summer. 

They've got to see this as an incentive to have a good pre-season, especially Djuric who should see this as his chance to cement that target man role.

Exactly, this isn’t just 6 matches we will have to worry about him, although it might be at least one cup round if not two so not all league matches. But quite a bit of pre-season planning etc. And for the player himself it would be hard to motivate and get fit if you aren’t part of it. 

Yes, I know if guilty he only has himself to blame. Also he will have tarnished his name to our own fans never mind the opposition. As I said, spitting incidents and accusations stay with players for a reason. 

6 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Agreed, especially the use of the dreaded football cliché "in or around".

Can't imagine any appeal will be successful, best we could hope for would be a reduction but even that is unlikely. Saiz got the same ban, although I think there was clear clear video evidence of him gobbing at someone IIRC.

Would a reduction be a possibility? He either did it or didn't I imagine, so either 0 or 6 game ban - can't see where the middle ground would come into it? he spat in the general direction maybe???

29 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Treatment of disabled fans doesn't make national news , footballers  misbehaving does.

Understand what you say, but Famara isn't really big news is he, nor do I suspect his conduct will create a withdrawal of sponsorship deals, SC sales or a slump in hospitality bookings.

To be honest, if a journo with some influence got hold of the disabled fans issue then I think it could be more damaging to the club  and would be more likely to get mainstream national media attention than a spitty footballer.

1 hour ago, reddevil said:

As unpleasant as this is I don’t understand the length of the ban. A violent tackle that can endanger a players career, like the Sheffield utd player on Korey Smith is considered half as bad as spitting on some one? Makes no sense to me

I suspect it's because bad challenges, whether deliberate or not, are seen as an occupational hazard of the game. Spitting isn't, same as biting, racism etc.

If true and I suspect as much as BCFC seem to be playing the victim once more, even the EFL/FA wouldn't just invent this without sufficient evidence, 6 matches is about right for such a disgusting offence.

As far as missing him is concerned, as long as he's fit Djuric is a far more physical presence than Diedhiou imo, Diedhiou tends to go down far too tamely and is eased off of the ball tamely as well.

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

If true and I suspect as much as BCFC seem to be playing the victim once more, even the EFL/FA wouldn't just invent this without sufficient evidence, 6 matches is about right for such a disgusting offence.

As far as missing him is concerned, as long as he's fit Djuric is a far more physical presence than Diedhiou imo, Diedhiou tends to go down far too tamely and is eased off of the ball tamely as well.

That's the main problem, Sadly he never is.

Archived