IGNORED

Famara 6 Game Ban (Merged)

Hazelboy

6 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

A possibility IMHO ZE, not by any means an assumption but a possibility. Maybe I'm miles off. 

I think you are. This isn’t like the Luke Ayling thing at all, which was done under the influence of alcohol and in a very different set of circumstances. This was in the heat of the moment during a game. 

6 minutes ago, Super said:

How about if someone spat on one of your children?

What’s that got to do with anything 

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

I think you are. This isn’t like the Luke Ayling thing at all, which was done under the influence of alcohol and in a very different set of circumstances. This was in the heat of the moment during a game. 

What’s that got to do with anything 

Spitting being one of the lowest things you can do to another person.

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

Never really understood the outrage about spitting tbh. Maybe I'm on my own but I certainly wouldn't be that bothered if someone spat at me.

Think transfer listing or demanding a player leave the club because they spat once is a massive overreaction.

I understand what you mean.I wouldn't care either if I was allowed to stove the ***** head in afterwards. The action is extremely provocative in any area of society.

Fact is, in football the the rules are clear, you can't do it and the punishment is established so you are a complete **** tard and lousy professional if you resort to such actions.

Does he have previous ?

53 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

Yes thanks for translating the OP post it was really difficult to understand...:whistle:

Yeah it’s almost as if I made a thread about it at the exact same time and the 2 threads were merged :facepalm: but as you say, you found it difficult to understand so that’s probably why you didn’t pick up on that obvious point. 

3 minutes ago, Between heaven and hell said:

If evidence shows him guilty why are the club backing him ?

If he's guilty the club should come down on him heavy and make the dirty swine suffer as this is the lowest of the low.

Worse than deliberately endangering another professionals career and livelihood with a two-footed studs-up tackle to the knee?

Worse than racism/homophobia?

Worse than a swift kick in the nads when the referee's looking the other way?

Conspiracy alert! Why have the FA taken so long to sort this out? He could have started his ban already in what turned out to meaningless end of season games instead they’ve banned him for the crucial start of the season 

12 minutes ago, Between heaven and hell said:

If evidence shows him guilty why are the club backing him ?

Are they currently backing him? All they've done is ask for the evidence on which the FA have based their decision. That sounds like sitting on the fence rather than backing him wholeheartedly to me.

He has 'vehemently denied it' and has surely spoken to the club about it so it's a 'wait and see' response from the club IMHO.

He may not have done it, and I hope that’s the case, but if he has I certainly don’t want rid or think he’s the despicable person some people are suggesting. I’m sure everyone on here has done something they really aren’t proud of, and has been given a chance to put it right. Dumb mistake if true, but he serves his ban then we put in the past and get behind our player surely.

Ok, skim read 4 and a bit pages, including the video.

I recall a fair bit of that incident.  Davis looked like he caught Diedhiou in a 51:49 challenge, nothing too bad, although Diedhiou might have got caught on the shin/ankle. Not sure if he spat then, but Diedhiou then moved into the insight right position, having a ding-dong with Dean....that continued as he tried to make a run across the pitch for a pass from Bobby.  Dean was all over him, grabbing him etc, until finally forcing him to the ground in the last bit of the clip.  In the Lansdown all we saw was Dean man-handling Diedhiou, screaming at the linesman who completely ignored it.  Of course we had no idea that it started with Diedhiou spitting at Davis.

So Diedhiou deserves his ban....the precedent has been set.

Wonder why it took so long to be decided?

Re 6 games, if we progress in the EFL Cup then likelihood is he’ll miss 4 leagues.  Last season he’d have been back for the Villa game on 25th August.  So not two months missed. However failure to get into the second round would mean he’d be banned, coming back in “gameweek” 6, which was after the international break on 9th September.

So those not wanting a cup run, this might have a bearing on your thinking!!

2 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

He may not have done it, and I hope that’s the case, but if he has I certainly don’t want rid or think he’s the despicable person some people are suggesting. I’m sure everyone on here has done something they really aren’t proud of, and has been given a chance to put it right. Dumb mistake if true, but he serves his ban then we put in the past and get behind our player surely.

Our opinions won't matter Gav, that's the point. 

FWIW, I totally agree with you.

2 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Never really understood the outrage about spitting tbh.

I think it's pretty abhorrent simply because it's cowardly and rather distasteful, but it does surprise me that being spat at in a bar (saliva on jacket) can trigger World War 3, but someone dropping their guts at the bar (everyone inhales rotting remains of their dinner) produces much mirth and merriment.

My friends daughter once got spat on by a Somalian at school and all the police came up  with was that it’s not that serious in the African culture.but this is England so bomb the vile b——-d out of if quilty and tell Lansdown to start showing some leadership before it’s to late

3 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

It’s the second highest level of professional football in the country, so of course it is.

As I say not the brightest of moves - he could have held it in for 60 seconds - but hardly anything to get worked up about. At that point in time his mind would have been 100% on the match and be in autopilot you’d expect.

I’m sorry but you liken Paterson to an elite athlete and you mention auto pilot and all I can now visualise is the auto pilot on the comedy film airplane, your fault you implanted the image and I cannot shift it now.

3 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

While I agree with the sentiment, I think SL might bring up 6 Million reasons why this won't happen BS4.

Yep....I didn’t suggest getting rid of him...I was responding to someone who thought it was an overreaction for another poster to suggest we got rid of him...I don’t think we’ll chuck Fammy out of the club, but if he’s guilty of this act he is vile and will lose a lot of respect and admiration....

Archived