IGNORED

Meeting footballers in unexpected places.

cidered abroad

Crikey, this will be embarrassing. Around 18 years ago during a lunchtime trip to the Galleries in Broadmead, I answered a call of nature at the left of three urinals. Staring East I suddenly realised the name of the smooth headed footballer addressing the opposite trough. "IVAN TESTIMETANU!!" I exclaimed, as the shocked Moldovan tried not to drench his shoes. "I won't shake your hand," I continued. Ivan smiled and muttered some platitude. Not my finest hour.

Sat behind Nathan Blake during his playing days think he was playing for Baadiff at the time, in the Dolman watching a game, said he was a fan as his old man is from St Paul’s, still not sure if I believe him now!

Sat next to Russell Osman on a flight home from the 2006 World Cup, top bloke.

Worst I’ve seen is Troy Deeny, stopped in a service station on the way home from an away game with his pals, generally being a dick flashing his wads of cash around.

1 minute ago, Owl Visiting said:

Narrowly avoided going down recently after being caught dealing coke. Had some real talent that lad. Wasted his career. 

That’s what the regulars said, as he swanned round in a Stockport shell-suit.

Shaun Goater in the car wash at Wraxall.

Keith Waugh in the Gents toilet at Nailsea Uniteds Grove Sports Centre.

Geoff Merrick in Park St.

Paul Cheesley at Tickenham Star

Brian Tinnion in Nailsea (many times)

Shared a breakfast table in a Paris hotel with Jose Luis Chilavert and Christian Karembeau (among others) when they played for RC Strasbourg.

Derek Dougan once asked me for directions to the County Hotel in Taunton.

Saw Alex McLeish scraping dogshit off his shoe at Cherwell services on the M40.

Walked past a café in Looe and Colin was sat at a window table having a full English.

35 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Bumped into Joe Bryan in the Tesco express in winscombe a few months ago. Think he was walking his dog.

Had a subsequently superb £3 meal deal which included a £2.50 naked smoothie. What a fine day it was indeed. 

Do many people walk their dogs in Tescos ?

Served James Ward Prowse and Victor Anichibe in my old job at topman in Basingstoke. Same job I regularly served Liam Kelly currently of Reading until I refused him a refund for a suit cuz he ripped all the tags off, claiming he didn’t buy it(I was the one who sold it to him in the first place) it had been worn and he never returned and got quite stressy. Last I hear he rejected an Republic of Ireland call up cuz he thinks he’s good enough for England, ******* ******** if you ask me

I met David Noble in a nightclub (totally unexpected).

We got chatting, he bought me drinks and I held his phone whilst he took a piss just off park street.

Then we exchanged numbers.

Saw him again in the centre and we was all like ‘FRIEND’!

True story.

44 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Served James Ward Prowse and Victor Anichibe in my old job at topman in Basingstoke. Same job I regularly served Liam Kelly currently of Reading until I refused him a refund for a suit cuz he ripped all the tags off, claiming he didn’t buy it(I was the one who sold it to him in the first place) it had been worn and he never returned and got quite stressy. Last I hear he rejected an Republic of Ireland call up cuz he thinks he’s good enough for England, ******* ******** if you ask me

He didn’t reject Ireland when he played a few times for their U21s etc....sounds like a nice geezer!

Archived