IGNORED

Martin “Mad Dog” Allen

Davefevs

3 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

That’s amazing! 

How refreshing.... having a bit of fun.... nice to be reminded it doesn’t have to be all corporate speak and awkward giggling. 

Absolutely this. It’s light-hearted but at least it’s getting communication to the fans. And probably getting more exposure than a standard press release would. 

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Absolutely this. It’s light-hearted but at least it’s getting communication to the fans. And probably getting more exposure than a standard press release would. 

I can’t work out if it’s tongue in cheek or not....doesn’t sound like Allen!  Fair play.  I tweeted Nelson, looks like he’s got a bit of traffic today!

37 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Newly appointed Chesterfield (relegated to Conference) boss Martin Allen looks like he is combining his management duties with the role of media man too.

https://www.chesterfield-fc.co.uk/news/2018/may/20180522-third-deal-today-completed/

The Michael Nelson one is fantastic!

and lets not forget Stuart Nelson making his "forcefield" around his goal when facing a penalty for us when he played for Mad Dog at Brentford. Always rated him. Now at Yeovil - on his way to Chesterfield sometime in the future?

Allen is a top bloke and true character - among many other things chucking his tie on the pitch at Brentford and bog-snorkelling to raise money for Charity! 

I met Martin Allen in Soweto, South Africa during the 2010 World Cup. We hung out and then I played for the England Fans team against a team of local South Africans coached by him. Was a really nice guy, strangely Fatboy Slim was also there and we all went on a tour of Soweto including the pitches and a micro brewery. 

19 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I met Martin Allen in Soweto, South Africa during the 2010 World Cup. We hung out and then I played for the England Fans team against a team of local South Africans coached by him. Was a really nice guy, strangely Fatboy Slim was also there and we all went on a tour of Soweto including the pitches and a micro brewery. 

I have often found if you talk to people properly they will respond in kind even Colin is probably nice one on one (what an awful thought) gone to wash my mind out

5 hours ago, David Brent said:

And if you’re old enough, you’re good enough..

So my motto would be, 'Be careful, 'cause there's always someone ready to step into your shoes ... and do your job better ... than you ... do it.

Met MA, and his wife, at an Oxford vs Rushden play off semi final a few years back. Just milling around having a pint with the fans before the game

Had a good 10 min chat with him, absolute top bloke and his wife was a good laugh too

Always keep an eye on what he's up to, he certainly changed my perception of him that day

If I recall, it was between Martin Allen, and Gary Johnson for the City job. Gary got the job a day or two before just before playing away to Martin Allen’s Brentford. Won 3-2 just... Luke Wilkshire took one of the worst penalties that I have witnessed. 

On 22/05/2018 at 22:48, southvillekiddy said:

and lets not forget Stuart Nelson making his "forcefield" around his goal when facing a penalty for us when he played for Mad Dog at Brentford. Always rated him. Now at Yeovil - on his way to Chesterfield sometime in the future?

Allen is a top bloke and true character - among many other things chucking his tie on the pitch at Brentford and bog-snorkelling to raise money for Charity! 

Stuart Nelson is a penalty king. Unfortunately a gashead.

Archived