IGNORED

Bit of fun.. How British are you? Take the test!

WhistleHappy

93% Are those seriously questions in the test. Crazy, all you need to do is study history ( my poorest subject) and take some obvious guesses and you’re in. Needs to be much more emphasis on UK law etc IMO. Then people can’t plead ignorance.

This is one of those software programmes where gullible people think they are simply having a bit of fun with a quiz when in fact it is a data gathering tool .

Still go ahead .

You probably participate in those ' in programme ' television '  quizzes which cost a quid to send by texto when the questions are like ;

" In the programme you are watching is Jess married to a) His wife or b) A Tyrannosaurus Rex ? "

" In this match which Barcelona have won 3-0 who scored his hat trick a) Messi or b) A hostess trolley ? "

Can't you see it ?

On ‎04‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 11:43, Major Isewater said:

This is one of those software programmes where gullible people think they are simply having a bit of fun with a quiz when in fact it is a data gathering tool . 

Everyone, including yourself Major is 'gullible' … no one is immune to gullibility.

If you don't believe me, just try sitting around Weymouth harbourside enjoying a bag of chips! … You'll see. :) 

On 12/06/2018 at 10:51, oldstandrobin said:

94% but gave up the will to live after Q20. 

I got the Henry VIII Catherine question wrong, but what about the spelling in question number 47?

The Channel Islands, including Jersey and Guernsey, are independent of UK governance, although the UK is responsible for their defense.

I hate these sort of spelling/grammatical mistakes. 

On 14/06/2018 at 11:29, Robbored said:

I got three wrong as well but I'm still 94% British even tho my DNA test says I'm 12% Scandinavian! 

Same as me RR so I live in esteemed company, recognise you when you parked car at my cousin Reg's house last season, you had the red and white Viking helmet on - dead give-away :laughcont:

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Q20 refers to the Whigs, late 17thC and 18thC with Messrs. Walpole, Pitt, Grenville etc.: I don't understand your problem.

I am not seeking to argue, just a genuine question.

It was meant as a quip, I started it before the school run the other morning and expected about 30 questions, at the outset I didnt see a reference that there would be 100 questions and I was late picking up the child we take to Special School !! I think Phil that living with our French cousins, you have forgot the West Country sense of humour, come home old chap :laughcont:

5 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I got the Henry VIII Catherine question wrong, but what about the spelling in question number 47?

The Channel Islands, including Jersey and Guernsey, are independent of UK governance, although the UK is responsible for their defense.

I hate these sort of spelling/grammatical mistakes. 

Bloody yanks.

21 hours ago, oldstandrobin said:

It was meant as a quip, I started it before the school run the other morning and expected about 30 questions, at the outset I didnt see a reference that there would be 100 questions and I was late picking up the child we take to Special School !! I think Phil that living with our French cousins, you have forgot the West Country sense of humour, come home old chap :laughcont:

Sorry OldStand, I missed the point totally.

I thought you were referring to the question itself, not that there were too many of them.

I gave up half way through, as I got bored - perhaps I shall try to complete it one quiet day in the future.

On ‎16‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 17:20, PHILINFRANCE said:

Sorry OldStand, I missed the point totally.

I thought you were referring to the question itself, not that there were too many of them.

* I gave up half way through, as I got bored - perhaps I shall try to complete it one quiet day in the future.       

* think that might be part of the 'Britishness' test, a true Brit would stop, make a nice cup of tea, take a deep breath, then keep calm and carry on. 

(probably a bonus point to be had somewhere for those who did the above, & kept a stiff upper lip without breaking into tears) 

Chin, chin, old chap.

Archived