IGNORED

Garland or me the play at Tobacco factory CANCELLED?

I too had the email and asked whether "cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances" really meant lack of support and was told yes so there you have it.

Really disappointed but I think a dark night in November in the middle of the season would have been a more appropriate time than on a hot night in May/June

44 minutes ago, myol'man said:

off topic slightly, the Tobacco Factory are doing a stage production of The Damned United, June 5th and 6th

Guessing some variance from this review, but it is the same production.

The Damned United review – squad of 11 actors stage David Peace's novel in Leeds

https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2016/mar/11/the-damned-united-review-david-peace-west-yorkshire-playhouse-leeds-brian-clough?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

5 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Lack of ticket sales sadly. 

4 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:
2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Know nothing about it.  What is the story behind Garland or me? I have a vague recollection of something many years ago, but cant remember what. Anyone have a link?

Probably coupled with a lack of marketing. If you have a play that might be of interest to City fans, then those staging it would have been wise to post details on here!

2 hours ago, Punkymatt said:

Didn’t know about it!

2 hours ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Nor me.

WE DIDNT KNOW ABOUT IT.... !!!!

I'd have bought a couple of tickets IF I'd known about it... 

Others would have too !!!  

The play was written by Peter Read and has nothing to do with 'Damned United' which was a play based on the David Pearce novel of the same name which was made into a film. I believe that 'Garland or Me' is a comedy play about Dave, an ardent Bristol City fan, who is married to football-hating Holly. His friend Vicar Joe cancels weddings if they clash with City's home matches. It is the 1976-77 season and Dave is determined not to miss one game as the Robins enjoy their first time in the top flight in over 60 years. Holly of course has other ideas and asks, 'Who do you love the most? Garland or Me?'. Can Dave juggle the demands of a relationship with his passion for the Robins? I think we need to think how this can be staged so City fans can see it. A great deal of effort has gone into writing the play and planning the production. 

Thank you for the update,I would still like to see the play.

May I suggest that the play be one or just two nights?

I saw the Damned United play in Bristol and I think on the night I attended it was 95% full.

Not sure of the other night though

Having said that,

I am sure that one of the cast members from the Garland or me came and did an interview on Radio Bristol.

Could any one confirm?

Archived