IGNORED

Fancy watching the Champions League final at Ashton Gate?

Unan

19 minutes ago, devoncider said:

club of the people, clearly

Yes, let’s not host a growing national vegan and vegetarian event which will end up giving the club yearly money, so some people can watch football which is nothing to do with city.

cracking idea that 

So, now the season is over and no games are taking place, the club have hired out the facilities to an event for the weekend and only people attending the event are able to access the facilities? Seems reasonable.

Doubtless various pubs and bars are hired out for weddings, birthday parties or conferences this weekend and I imagine the same applies there too. Can't say I'm wildly outraged about it. 

Just now, AshtonPark said:

Yes, let’s not host a growing national vegan and vegetarian event which will end up giving the club yearly money, so some people can watch football which is nothing to do with city.

cracking idea that 

I'm sure, without too much trouble or organisation, it'd be possible for the two events to not be mutually exclusive

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

So, now the season is over and no games are taking place, the club have hired out the facilities to an event for the weekend and only people attending the event are able to access the facilities? Seems reasonable.

Doubtless various pubs and bars are hired out for weddings, birthday parties or conferences this weekend and I imagine the same applies there too...

why would the two events not be able to run side by side?

CL - sports bar

Vegan show - concourse 

don't see the problem with it myself,

I can't imagine theres a great clamber for people to go to ashton gate to watch the champions league final, where as there will probbilly be fair few who'd use it for the vegan fest thing,

makes perfect sense

13 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

cracking idea that 

Umm. It’s a football ground. Yearly event? If I remember correctly there is a champions league final every single ******* year. What’s going to bring in more money, hundreds of football fans at a bar, or a vegan festival? 

1 minute ago, JasonM88 said:

Umm. It’s a football ground. Yearly event? If I remember correctly there is a champions league final every single ******* year. What’s going to bring in more money, hundreds of football fans at a bar, or a vegan festival? 

prob the vegan festival which will be attended by thousands not hundreds,

Out of interest did you go to ashton gate last season to watch the final, how many attended?

8 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

prob the vegan festival which will be attended by thousands not hundreds,

Out of interest did you go to ashton gate last season to watch the final, how many attended?

Well the main difference is that this year it's an English club and there's loads of Liverpool fans and people with an interest in South Bristol who might like the idea of watching at an actual sports bar with an enormous screen.

If marketed correctly I think showing the CL final could've been quite popular.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Well the main difference is that this year it's an English club and there's loads of Liverpool fans and people with an interest in South Bristol who might like the idea of watching at an actual sports bar with an enormous screen.

they are showing the final, but you need a ticket to vegfest to watch it in the bar as it's taken part over the weekend, and was probbilly booked long before there was an english club in the final

Fans planning to watch the UEFA Champions League final are advised that the Sports Bar at Ashton Gate will only be open to those attending VegFestUK.

The match between Liverpool and Real Madrid on Saturday (May 26th, 7.45pm kick-off) will be shown on the big screen but the venue will not be open to the general public.

VegFestUK will be running across the weekend, from 11am-11pm on Saturday and from 11am-9pm on Sunday,.

VegFestUK welcomes a whole new set of features as well as retaining its traditional flavours in the form of more than 200 stalls, spread over three main concourses.

The flagship Lansdown Restaurant, which can hold up to a thousand theatre-style, will play host to a variety of educational talks and cookery demos, all of which will run until 6pm each day. Meanwhile, ten outdoor catering stalls will line Marina Dolman Way along the Lansdown Stand recreating a matchday “fan village” with local DJ’s and acoustic acts adding to the outdoor atmosphere.

Comedians, live acts, magicians and a club night will be staged indoors during the evenings.

Tickets for VegfestUK start from £6 and can be bought on the day or click below to purchase online.

5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

they are showing the final, but you need a ticket to vegfest to watch it in the bar as it's taken part over the weekend, and was probbilly booked long before there was an english club in the final

Fans planning to watch the UEFA Champions League final are advised that the Sports Bar at Ashton Gate will only be open to those attending VegFestUK.

The match between Liverpool and Real Madrid on Saturday (May 26th, 7.45pm kick-off) will be shown on the big screen but the venue will not be open to the general public.

VegFestUK will be running across the weekend, from 11am-11pm on Saturday and from 11am-9pm on Sunday,.

VegFestUK welcomes a whole new set of features as well as retaining its traditional flavours in the form of more than 200 stalls, spread over three main concourses.

The flagship Lansdown Restaurant, which can hold up to a thousand theatre-style, will play host to a variety of educational talks and cookery demos, all of which will run until 6pm each day. Meanwhile, ten outdoor catering stalls will line Marina Dolman Way along the Lansdown Stand recreating a matchday “fan village” with local DJ’s and acoustic acts adding to the outdoor atmosphere.

Comedians, live acts, magicians and a club night will be staged indoors during the evenings.

Tickets for VegfestUK start from £6 and can be bought on the day or click below to purchase online.

I think you've missed my point

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think you've missed my point

not really no,

the club are looking to make money in the close season and they'll make far more out of vegfest (being held over 2 days) then they would out of 30 odd people turning up to watch the champions league final

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

not really no,

the club are looking to make money in the close season and they'll make far more out of vegfest (being held over 2 days) then they would out of 30 odd people turning up to watch the champions league final

You did because I didn't mention 'vegfest' at all Monkeh.

Just countering your point about the CL final because it's got an English team involved and we have an enormous screen in a sports bar.

47 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

The answer to that is going to be the Vegan festival, for sure. 

37 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

As you say - this is true this year. But, even then, I would imagine that would make less money than it would for people who are there for Vegfest anyway. As Super says above, it basically means a £6 entry fee. I honestly don't think there will be more people who would have watched it but are otherwise put off than there are people who go to Vegfest who would not have otherwise been there. 

1 hour ago, devoncider said:

I'm sure, without too much trouble or organisation, it'd be possible for the two events to not be mutually exclusive

why would the two events not be able to run side by side?

CL - sports bar

Vegan show - concourse 

Depends what they've agreed to hire out. If they've hired it out to Vegfest then they would need to abide by that contract. I have no doubt, if so, Vegfest will have a fee and will have to pay more if a minimum bar spend is not reached so I'm struggling to see how the club is losing out here...

27 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Depends what they've agreed to hire out. If they've hired it out to Vegfest then they would need to abide by that contract. I have no doubt, if so, Vegfest will have a fee and will have to pay more if a minimum bar spend is not reached so I'm struggling to see how the club is losing out here...

Club per se isn't losing out at all.

Average local city fans will be required to buy a ticket to an unrelated event to go. If the general populous is happy with paying £6 then fine.

Originally I read it as there was no CL football on - hence my comment to combine the two. They have actually combined the two, albeit you gotta pay 6 quid to get in. Not the end of the world really

8 minutes ago, devoncider said:

Club per se isn't losing out at all.

Average local city fans will be required to buy a ticket to an unrelated event to go. If the general populous is happy with paying £6 then fine.

Originally I read it as there was no CL football on - hence my comment to combine the two. They have actually combined the two, albeit you gotta pay 6 quid to get in. Not the end of the world really

Is if you have no remote interest in the Veg thing.

Jeez, the club try to maximize stadium usage and revenues and a few latecomers bleet because the scousers reached the final (which I sincerely hope they win.) Would you all have been so keen had it been Roma Vs Madrid? Nah, thought not.....

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

not really no,

Went to the Sports Bar to watch Roma v Liverpool 2nd leg. There were easily in excess of 100 people there for that game. For the final, and it being a Saturday, huge game, 2 exciting teams and a chance to watch on the biggest indoor screen in England, I'd say it would be pretty rammed.

1 hour ago, JasonM88 said:

100% the vegan festival. Seeing as it has outgrown being down the harbour side, I would say it will bring in more money than a handful of people watching champs league final. 

2 hours ago, AshtonPark said:

cracking idea that 

It's 24 carrot.

Archived