IGNORED

Fancy watching the Champions League final at Ashton Gate?

Unan

3 minutes ago, Anglo-Welsh said:

Went to the Sports Bar to watch Roma v Liverpool 2nd leg. There were easily in excess of 100 people there for that game. For the final, and it being a Saturday, huge game, 2 exciting teams and a chance to watch on the biggest indoor screen in England, I'd say it would be pretty rammed.

100 if all buying 10 pints at £4 each, that only brings in £4,000 in bar takings.

now you can’t even hire the sports bar for £4K , so vegfest will be paying more to hire the whole stadium. 

2 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

100 if all buying 10 pints at £4 each, that only brings in £4,000 in bar takings.

now you can’t even hire the sports bar for £4K , so vegfest will be paying more to hire the whole stadium. 

Do vegans even watch football? Genuine question, I just stereotypically associate vegans with anti-war protestors et al. who no doubt have some sort of objection to the Champions League, the fuel used on planes to transport the multi-million pound teams to Kiev etc. etc. etc.

15 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Umm. It’s a football ground. Yearly event? If I remember correctly there is a champions league final every single ******* year. What’s going to bring in more money, hundreds of football fans at a bar, or a vegan festival? 

The Vegan festival.

I watch games in there sometimes.  On non-matchday  there are normally less than 10 people there.  Most people whingeing on here are doing it for the sake of it.  I suspect none actually ever intended watching it there. 

11 minutes ago, Anglo-Welsh said:

Do vegans even watch football?

Of course they do. In football one takes the roughage with the smoothie (save in their case it's doubtless soya based).....

26 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

We might be able to convert some FGR fans!

Or unveil new signing, Robbie Cabbage.

I think I would prefer Cauli Flower or perhaps Brocc oli but I think both will take time to grow into the side maybe ones for the future.  

22 minutes ago, Anglo-Welsh said:

Do vegans even watch football? Genuine question, I just stereotypically associate vegans with anti-war protestors et al. who no doubt have some sort of objection to the Champions League, the fuel used on planes to transport the multi-million pound teams to Kiev etc. etc. etc.

Kevin Vegan was England captain...

26 minutes ago, Anglo-Welsh said:

Aye we do.

23 minutes ago, The Bard said:

The Vegan festival.

I watch games in there sometimes.  On non-matchday  there are normally less than 10 people there.  Most people whingeing on here are doing it for the sake of it.  I suspect none actually ever intended watching it there. 

Just another normal day on OTIB

29 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

100% the vegan festival. Seeing as it has outgrown being down the harbour side, I would say it will bring in more money than a handful of people watching champs league final. 

ive been to veg fest for the last 5 years (for the music not the god awful food) ... it def did not outgrow the habourside was never more than half full and they give away tons of tickets  , they had a row with the council who having provided habourside at a nominal fee decided to charge the going rate , dale vinces (FGR chair) mate announced on stage last year it was ending its run and blamed the council ... its now being held at the gate but believe me it aint that busy ... does alright mainly on the back of the music ... if u wanna pop along this year sat night has Judge Jules dj-ing and decent other acts and sunday has City fan Mikee Freedom and Baby D in a 90's dance night ... loads of other decent music for not a bad price to be fair ... i'll sneak in a roast beef sarnie though the foods not my can of natch!

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

You did because I didn't mention 'vegfest' at all Monkeh.

Just countering your point about the CL final because it's got an English team involved and we have an enormous screen in a sports bar.

I dare say the vegfest was booked in before Liverpool secured their Champions league final spot.

From a pure business level - I imagine the vegan festival brings in more money than a Barca/Real Madrid final would have? Maybe even more than a Liverpool Real final. Even though I agree it would be ideal to make more of an event from an English team in the final watching on that big screen. 

41 minutes ago, Anglo-Welsh said:

They all do but they are all Chelsea fans,Celery anyone 

6 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I dare say the vegfest was booked in before Liverpool secured their Champions league final spot.

From a pure business level - I imagine the vegan festival brings in more money than a Barca/Real Madrid final would have? Maybe even more than a Liverpool Real final. Even though I agree it would be ideal to make more of an event from an English team in the final watching on that big screen. 

Yeah I didn't mention vegfest at all, obviously it would make more money overall.

Just responding to Monkeh's point.

Perhaps they could've found a way to allow the public to come to watch the football if they wanted? Surely it makes business sense to do that and have both things going on.

Entirely normal and proper that the Club hosts events like this in the close season. 

Vegfest is a huge event and securing this for future years would be a real coup.

Buying a ticket for Vegfest and enjoying the event/watching on the big screen or supporting one of the many pubs in the area if it's not your thing both seem like good options to me.

On 23/05/2018 at 17:24, Andre_The_Giant said:

Entirely normal and proper that the Club hosts events like this in the close season. 

Vegfest is a huge event and securing this for future years would be a real coup.

Buying a ticket for Vegfest and enjoying the event/watching on the big screen or supporting one of the many pubs in the area if it's not your thing both seem like good options to me.

Pay your entrance fee watch the match and then celebrate or commiserate on a Liverpool win with a drink and some good music. Cheap Saturday night entertainment and some publicity and money for Ashton Gate.

Archived